Do I need to go to large size condoms?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by onethirtyeight, Jan 1, 2014.

1. onethirtyeight

onethirtyeight Guest

This isn't as clear as I'd like to be online when you figure what the repercussions are for getting it wrong.

My penis is approximately 6.25" long and 5.25" in circumference if I'm being conservative. Standard condoms are tight but then I don't know how tight they should be. Some websites say I should go up to the large ones and others don't. I don't want it slipping off for obvious reasons so I don't want to just buy some, give it a go, and find out I was wrong.

I'm thinking I should just buy some large ones and do some self testing but I'm not sure what I'm really looking for.

2. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

3. onethirtyeight

onethirtyeight Guest

4. onethirtyeight

onethirtyeight Guest

Here is my real issue. There is always that extra ring of material at the base of the condom and the way I'm shaped if I roll it all the way down to the base (that's significantly wider than the rest of the shaft) its really uncomfortable. Then I don't want to leave it part way rolled up because I don't want it rolling up and off as we're going at it.

5. Outtafocus

Outtafocus member

Years ago they had a stat in Maxim magazine. It stated if you can't fit your erect penis in a toilet paper tube, you need an XL condom.

6. onethirtyeight

onethirtyeight Guest

Barely fits, though those aren't standard. Yes I tried when looking into this. I've kind of decided I'm just going to pick up an assortment and see which one feels best and doesn't slide off but doesn't get stuck.

7. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

Honestly you're not even THAT big given the size you said. So any standard condom should fit you.

A magnum would fall off you.

8. onethirtyeight

onethirtyeight Guest

Yeah a magnum would but there are sizes in between.

9. lovemeformymind

lovemeformymind Member

I have never found there to be that much of a difference between regular sizes, XL or Magnums. Even in their own descriptions the XL's and Magnums say they are for 7 to 7.5 length at average girth. I would suspect that they might stay on but just not roll out all the way.

10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What about about female condoms? You can buy them on E-bay.

11. dwight78

dwight78 Member

Condoms do stretch a lot. Well, maybe I don't know as I'm nice and average

12. Zebra123

Zebra123 Member

Just checking for opinion.

A girl I was seeing and I had a problem with condoms either splitting or coming off in her vagina.

I'm not big length wise probably about 5 and a half inchs but around 6" thick. She was very petite and had the tightest vagina I've ever felt.

Around 80% of times the above happened and on one occasion the condom split and I came bareback inside her.

Condoms have their problems aswell.

13. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Get a snippit done, way better for us hee hee. No baggies needed.

14. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Your dick is pretty tiny.... Why not just cut the pinkies off some latex gloves and use those?

15. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

You can buy finger cots at a medical store, they look just like little condoms and go on the same way.

16. JakeTheJock

JakeTheJock Member

Too tight is safer than too loose.
    Try different brands, they do vary.

17. pawn

pawn Guest

Brands matter. At 7 inches, a regular Trojan is always comfortable, but since I'm not living in the US, Contex and Durex are the only ones I can reliably get. I have yet to use a Durex condom of any size that is comfortable and I've even had a couple break. Contex is decent, but their XL's are the best.

If you haven't used a Trojan - go get some regular ones. If you're using a different brand try an XL.

18. tsnider

tsnider Guest

5.25 inches circumference is little bit above average (which goes from 4.7 to 5.1 inches)
    for your size a Trojan Magnum would be a good choice. or even better, look for condoms with a 56mm width. there are quite a few larger condoms like that, eg. ONE the Legend, Durex XL, Sir Richard's large etc.
    you can see the whole list here:
    http://www.condom-sizes.org/condom-size-chart/condom-size-chart

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Some of y'all need extra large condoms for your brains, to keep all the stupidity from multiplying.

20. Coffinspire

Coffinspire Members

You know that a normal condom can stretch the entire length and width of your arm without breaking, right? Not sure if you are putting them on right, but I've been with guys bigger than you are and they wore regular condoms. I think magnums just make guys feel better or something. Where is it tight? It should be almost completely unrolled with a little bit extra room on the top.