New tattoo :)

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by SadieScarlett, Dec 21, 2013.

1. SadieScarlett

SadieScarlett Member

First one and very happy with it :) picture's from the same day it was done a few months ago, it's all healed and did fully in about 2/3 weeks.

I designed the centerpiece(ish, the koi are from a piece of art by Brandon boyd, lead singer of Incubus) and the tattoo artist did the mandala round the outside.
    the symbol in the centre is pi mixed with a quaver (music note) which i designed when i was about 8 years old, and always said I'd have it in my first tattoo!
    the triangle symbolizes Bermuda, my home land :p (as in the Bermuda triangle which is ironic because its the only thing anyone ever asks me about)
    And it doesn't really show in the picture but one koi is lighter and one is darker and that is to symbolize unity and diversity as a mixed race person.
    also, the two koi represent my personal need for companionship, and at the moment that's my boyfriend!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

It's good to see a well done tattoo posted :). Great line work, the shading looks fantastic, the color is balanced, and everything is in proportion.
    :2thumbsup:

3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

4. SadieScarlett

SadieScarlett Member

Cheers!
    Yea the artist's really good wit dot work shading, a lot of the reason why I picked her to design/do it! she really did well with envisioning exactly what I wanted. I love it! <£

5. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Great work. Have you posted this somewhere before? I swear I've seen this.

6. Assexuality101

Assexuality101 Guest

Why is tattooing a thing of today when we brand animals with tattoos with numbers as markings and eating them?

7. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

some lovely dotwork!!

8. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Stealth vegan post. ;)

9. dian11

dian11 Guest

This tattoo is a very good. I like it :)

10. dian11

dian11 Guest

11. Withmine

Withmine Guest

I really love your tattoo.

Actually, I was searching for related tattoos before finding this forum. I also like the koi fish tattoos. Thanks for the idea.

12. BlackTar_46

BlackTar_46 Member

love it!

13. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

actually it was merely an anti-choice post attempting to deflect the issue, grasp at anything to say people should not body modify. I am vegan and I have tattoos.

14. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I really like it! And the placement of it as well.

15. rockitup2000

rockitup2000 Guest

16. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

One of my tattoos gets me a lot of attention. People notice it and they're stunned. They compliment it then ask me what it means.

It just happened a few days ago, someplace I went. I watched the woman put effort into breaking her attention on my tattoo. I'm the only person on the planet who has my tattoo. I designed it myself. If anybody copied it, I could sue them.

Oh, but I didn't design my tattoo for *other people*. It's not to impress them or get their attention. Good for me, I can cover it if I want to (and I sometimes do). But I do have one that I can't hide .. on my hand. That one gets attention too, but it's fun attention. I've met plenty of people who have the same exact tat, and it's funny.