Do Your Parents Know?

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Tatterdemalion, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

My dad is the only one that matters and he's cool with it. He just doesn't want me to get in trouble. We've talked openly about our drug use and experiences and he gets a laugh.

He hasn't smoked in a while but I'm trying to talk him into smoking with us here soon when he comes to visit in the summer.

He doesn't really like my dreads though. Lol. But apparently Rob Zombie's are the shit.

2. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Fuck'em. Free, white and past 18. I'll do what I want.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes I love to do alot of things I dont think my parents would care for!! (I think we all do,dont we??)

4. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Nope. Not me dude. I am as innocent and perfect as anyone can possibly get. Yep. Cheerful me. Uh huh. Cheerful me, my friend, for I sin not. I is a good little boy.

And if you believe that, you need help! lol!

5. powerquest

powerquest Member

My mom knows that I smoke pot from time to time and that I'm sexually active with my girlfriend. I was really surprised about how good she was about it since she's a bit religious too. I mean, she wasn't thrilled but she was there when she was younger so I guess she understands. My dad, on the other hand, would kill me...at least about the pot thing.

6. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

My mom knows about the heroin and whores, she's pretty cool about it. Every once in awhile she tries to give me advice. "Now son, you always use clean needles! And remember to use protection, you don't know where those girls have been."

Such a nag..

7. stonedhearted

stonedhearted Members

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Over the years, my mom has intuited a lot. Smart cookie, that one.
    I've intuited some of my own son's misadventures. Even gave him asked-for threesome third wheel advice recently.
    That was surreal. And I did toss in a lot more about protecting the heart than I would for a random kinkster.

What I wonder is what grandmother and grandson know about each other in these topics.

9. Harpoe

Harpoe Member

Same with my mom. I can't keep much from her. She's amazing, loves and supports me unconditionally.

She doesn't approve or disapprove of my pot smoking, but I'm also respectful enough not to rub her face in it. She's really loosened up on that since my dad got cancer and she had to watch him go through radiation and chemo without it. She said multiple times to me that she wished medical marijuana was legal in their state.

My dad pretty much thinks my husband and I are a joke. He makes fun of us a lot. Buuuut he's just an asshole like that. He puts a lot of our lifestyle down, yet he took hardcore painkillers on chemo, and before that he had a drinking problem ffs. His opinion doesn't matter much to me.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xycaGZtusmo"]The Beatles - Your Mother Should Know (1967)OriginalVideo-HQ - YouTube

11. My mom knows pretty much everything about me. She's really cool about everything. My dad died when I was 10. I'm not sure what he'd think honestly.

12. Tanuki

Tanuki Guest

don't know most of it. found 1/4 o of marijuana in my room recently and heard i was planning on doing acid(someone called them, no fucking idea who but apparently was a girl possibly one of my friends). Their very much against it, i told her i stopped smoking and not sure if she believes that, but oh well. Moving away next month so wont matter. Same as a lot of you folks, i got the middle upper class professional parents, corporate and government jobs xd

13. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

They definetely don't know most of my life! I already know what they're gonna say, so why bother? I prefer to keep them clueless, it makes things SO much more pleasant for everybody, no fights, no blame, no frowning, etc. They're pretty closed minded and our conversations can easily become frustrating, so I keep a lot of things for myself. I don't mind about this situation, it works well ( anyways it's not much different from when I was a teenager, so it's not like I lost something when I started to live the way I wanted to).

14. DJammies

DJammies Members

They actually do know a lot about my life...but not everything. Although I'm sure they are curious to know more, we don't really discuss much of the more intimate details.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

My mother is an airhead. My father is dead and to this day she has no idea what that man did. How could she not see it, even though they were divorced at the time. In my world now, it is better she knows nothing. Good job I have got a tough attitude to life and just got on with it.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What my folks don't know won't hurt 'em. ;)

17. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

When i was in highschool my parents caught me doing mdma once and another time doing lsd, as well as many many times smoking weed, so I think they know what's up.

They eventually accepted that my brother and I smoked weed, and they don't know the extent to which I did other things, but I am an adult now and they rust me to be smart about this stuff.

18. drock69

drock69 Members

I neve did anything serious I didn’t want my parents to know about!

19. Aswwe

Aswwe Newbie

My parents are quite conservative and don't know much about my lifestyle. Or rather, they don't want to know. Recently (six months ago) my mother asked me if I had ever smoked weed. I answered that yes, I smoked and I don’t see anything wrong with it (especially since it’s legal even in my state). But her reaction was very negative. She started to get nervous, and her anxiety manifests itself in aggressive overprotection, so it sounded like - you should go to drug treatment, I will pay for your rehab at the clinic, but you have to promise that this will not happen again. I didn't even try to make any argument that cannabis isn't addictive or that I don't have a problem with it. I just left after this conversation to my home and that's it. For about six months, my mother acts as if this conversation never happened, but she sometimes sends me links to drug rehabilitation programs from various clinics in messenger. I think that she will not ask me questions for a long time to which she doesn't want to know the answers. And yes, I'm very glad that I live independently of my parents and they cann't control me or make any decisions in my life.

20. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.