In any situation

#2 KevinH

KevinH

Just Floating Here

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 08:41 AM

Aztecs...what did they know. It's all about the vikings!

http://www.dailymail...ruary-2014.html

#3 RubyS0h0

RubyS0h0

Organized Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 08:54 AM

Dooms day prepers is the funniest show on tv. I have a question for you and its real. I'm not making fun of you. If dooms day actually hits...whatever form of dooms day you prefer to think about...why would you want to survive that? The world you would survive would be hell on earth. I say if dooms day happens I hope the target is my house. I wouldn't want to survive something like what some people imagine us going to happen.

This is like a dream come true... Rollin and ruby back in chat together! Better than the spice girls reunion~Asfandyar13

#4 ThathippieinNewYork2981

ThathippieinNewYork2981

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 01:15 PM

No offense taken but I still believe in being prepared for doomsdays of any kind. Because I want the better members of the human race to survive. Plus another point I'd like to make is that doomsdays or just the simple coming of a plague is completely unpredictable.

#5 LornaDoom

LornaDoom

• PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 01:32 PM

what questions do you have?
weapons?
housing?
vehicles?

#6 TAZER-69

TAZER-69

Listen To Your Heart!

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 01:36 PM

No offense taken but I still believe in being prepared for doomsdays of any kind. Because I want the better members of the human race to survive. Plus another point I'd like to make is that doomsdays or just the simple coming of a plague is completely unpredictable.

I don't care if you take offense to this... Who are the better members of the human race? Why would you or anybody else get to decide who the group of better people are? My opinion on who the better people are might not include people like you.
I hope you survive and I hope you aren't sorry that you did.

Edited by TAZER-69, November 20 2013 - 03:46 AM.

For the most part we can't decide how we die,
But we can decide how we live.

#7 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted November 19 2013 - 03:51 PM

Sure.

Look up Lifestraw. So long as you live near a body of non saltwater or have constant reliable rainfall, and you have $76...you can buy a life straw family off of amazon. 3 years or 4755 gallons of pure water without the use of chemicals is yours in your selected shipping time. They are a little complicated to use, but well worth the initial frustration.

Also. Look up mainstay food rations. STAY AWAY FROM DATREX. Mainstay is much better. It tastes like a lemon Girl Scout cookie, and for 20 bucks...you can have food for almost a week. What you should do first is work out an efficient system to cycle the near-expired food you currently buy so that if shit hits the fan, you have your normal food for a short while.

My main tip as a mild 'prepper', is to work out the basics FIRST. Don't buy the ultra flashy machete/stove/solar/blender multi tool. Because what does that get you if the lights go out tomorrow? A glorified multi tool with no food or water.

Work out the basics for a week, then two, then a month. Past that point you should get hunting materials, or items that will assist in self sufficiency. Lets face it, no one realizes what a year of food is until its stacked in your living room. The point is to be prepared, not to live surrounded by your former money.

Remember that it is expensive, and you really have to be sure that prepping is something you want to do. Keep what you plan to carry light. 6 miles isn't much to walk with just your shirt on, but even 25 pounds can make the journey much less pleasant.

If considering weapons. Buy a rifle first. I'm in the market for one currently. Buy one that is easy to clean, chambers cheap ammunition and is fairly lightweight. Don't buy a pistol first, it's a sidearm. A pistol vs a rifle at a distance which is where most open conflicts start..always goes the way of the rifle. Always.

Hope all of this helped.
Lol @ Signatures..

#8 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 04:07 PM

i would like to get some prepping advice for doomsday

In any situation

1. Drop you pants

2. Stick your head between your legs

3. Kiss your ass good-bye

;)

#9 RubyS0h0

RubyS0h0

Organized Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 05:13 PM

1. Drop you pants

2. Stick your head between your legs

3. Kiss your ass good-bye

;)

hahahahahaha. nice.

I guess I'm ok with being a piece of shit because I wouldn't want to survive something like that. More power to you though. Good luck with that.

This is like a dream come true... Rollin and ruby back in chat together! Better than the spice girls reunion~Asfandyar13

#10 ThathippieinNewYork2981

ThathippieinNewYork2981

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 07:40 PM

What is DATREX

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop