My first large piece getting done on Nov. 26

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Bunnielight, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

Getting this girl on my right thigh next Tuesday. It's for one of my best friends that passed away in January. This image followed her everywhere while she was alive and she had a large tapestry of her in every apartment she was in. This is also my first big tattoo. It's taken me years to decide what I want and I'm so frugal with money that it's taken me this long to finally take that leap and get something I really want.[​IMG][/IMG]

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Ganesha is the destroyer of obstacles, so hopefully this tattoo will not only bring you peace about your friend, but will help you through other tough times in your life. Will you be getting it done in color? I'm not sure if you intend to include the background, but i'd advise against it. My first large piece was also a memorial tattoo.

3. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

It will be in watercolor, I'm having him do a classic Celtic framing of some sort. And yes. I'm hoping it will. It will be a rough and emotional few hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

4. *MAMA*

It was very cleansing for me. I'm very pain tolerant though. I did a four hour session with one 5 minute break. It started to be pretty brutal for the last 20 minutes or so, but other than that, it was a great experience.

elseyk4671 likes this.
  5. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

I have quite a high pain tolerance, myself. My only other tattoo I have (that I count, at least) was on my foot and I watched him the whole time. It stung but was nowhere near unbearable.

6. *MAMA*

I got mine done on my left thigh. I hope you enjoy your first big ink experience!

7. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Beautiful. Make sure you post pictures when its finished. I'd love to see it. 2 of my tattoos are memorial tattoos. It's amazing how it helps with the emotional healing. I wasn't expecting it to be like that. Every year on the anniversary of my moms death I had a horrible day. I'd cry and be upset. On the 10 year anniversary I got my memorial tattoo for her. I feel like it helped heal me emotionally. Like the physical pain of it helped take the emotional pain away. For the past 9 years since I got the tattoo I don't cry anymore. I hope this tattoo will help you heal a little bit from the death of your friend.

8. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

[​IMG]

Took about 6 hours. I am pretty damn satisfied.

9. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

I feel exactly this way. This was one of my best friends. She was my friend that made me who I am as a person. We were the friends finding themselves.

The artist that did it is the husband of a close friend from high school who I value just as much in my life. She had happened to meet this friend of mine once through no connection of mine and she understood my connection with this person.

It was a great thing to share with these people.
    It took about 6 hours. The pain of it has definitely been therapeutic. Healing, in a way.

10. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing.