Thinking about buying a gun

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by LornaDoom, Nov 14, 2013.

1. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

probably an AR-15, so I can change out the trigger mechanism to fully automatic. I love those .223's, just watch em tumble

2. Sig

Sig Senior Member

"Change out the trigger mechanism to fully automatic"? Yeah, that isn't how it is done. Good luck with that though.

3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

[​IMG]

4. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

I have changed my mind about the gun thing. I am going to go and buy a burger

5. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Or you could just buy the gun and kill your own cow to make your own burgers. :D

6. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Probably a good thing. I don't think you'd like doing the 10 to 20 years you'd get after you got caught, assuming you'd actually be able to pull it off without fucking the rifle up.

7. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

maybe I will just go get a claymore with trip wires, that will be more effective for what I want to do..

8. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

.223 is my favorite gun to shoot. It's great stress relief. Best to just leave the weapon the way it is. You only usually get one chance if you fuck something up with a gun. They're not toys to be played with. I've been shooting in competition since I was 5. I would never even consider altering a gun like that. That just has bad news written all over it.

I had an old computer that was pissing me off so I shot it with the AR-15. That's the crazy shit I like to do in my free time. I have a gun range to do that. It wasn't in my back yard.

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Probably seen too many shoot-em-up movies. A burger is a safer bet.

10. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

Im investing in one too. Probably gonna end up being an SKS or an M1A. I like the way they look. Plus they have decent accuracy and are easy to strip. I've heard AR's are overrated.

11. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'd love a cheese burger about now. Maybe some sweet potato fries and a root beer :)

12. RubySoho6

I don't miss with the AR-15. That's why its my favorite to shoot. That is the most accurate gun I've ever shot. I think it all depends on your scope and how good a shot you are.

13. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

I think the AR-15 is very accurate to, as long as it is zeroed properly. I prefer the hard sights over scopes. I like to wrap the sling around my arm to make it more stable. As you know it is about breathing and trigger squeeze and line of sight. I prefer the prone supported position over all other positions, cause you can really lock in and get the most accurate shot. exhale, squeeze..

1 person likes this.
  14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

When it comes to ARs, like any rifle, you get what you pay for. No matter what rifle you buy you need to do your homework and really hammer down what it is you're looking for. ARs are not overrated in my book.

15. RubySoho6

I shoot more for fun now. Not so much competition shooting anymore so I'll shoot just about anything that wont knock me on my ass. My first gun when I was 5 was a .32 cal black powder rifle. I still have the target from when I took 1st place in an 18 and under competition when I was 5. Probably more dumb luck at that stage.

I upgraded to handguns. I got a .22 Rugar Mark II for Christmas when I was 14. My dad is a gun collector so I've shot just about everything. Within the next few months I'll be taking the course to get a permit to carry. Not that I will ever carry a gun with me but it doesn't hurt to have the permit since I know a guy that will do the course for free. Just have to pay the sheriff $50 for the background check.

16. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

and body alignment, how did I forget that..

Daddy taught me good how to shoot guns

17. RubySoho6

Very true. Stance is a big part of it. So is hand position.

18. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

Standing has always been a weak point for me, I try an lock my elbow in my side but still chase the sight..only slightly accurate to short distances

I like the sitting position the best, I am sure everyone does..nice and stable and comfortable

19. RubySoho6

It is easier sitting if you have somewhere to rest your arms to hold your hands steady for sure. Sometimes I just like to load up my .22 and empty the clip as fast as I can. That's not about accuracy. That's about stress relief. .22 shells are cheap enough to do that with. I stand for that. I always sit with the AR-15. My .22 has a laser scope. I hate it. I always forget to turn it off. We have a shooting table on my gun range so that makes it nice as long as you can avoid the poison ivy.

20. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

yeah, I just put my elbows on the inside of my knees while sitting indian style. Take the strap with the clip and wrap it around my fat arm and I can really lock in and get a good shot. from that position I could hit a silver dollar from about 500 meters..well, maybe a little bigger than that, but that is what I would like to think