Let's talk about YOU

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by ryupower, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Okay people....tell me about the books you've written, they're genres and what they're about!Who knows? I may check them out! ;)

[​IMG]

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Haven't written any books yet. Just a few unfinished/work in progress pieces lurking around my hard drive.

I've got a short story on fiction press. Here's the link to that http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=1715906

It's a historical story, the characters are/were really people, but as far as I know the rest is made up. I wrote it ages ago, and recently had it published in my college magazine.

Oh and the fanfic of course. A link to those stories is in my sig.

Those are basically self indulgent pieces, ripping off M*A*S*H amongst other things. Helps hone my skills and serves as 'comfort witing' (like comfort eating)

3. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

I've only posted my sample on here BEFORE the crash. It's unfinished because I have 3 in progress. One Sci-Fi, and two "Who-Dunnit"s.

4. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

cool! :D
    Matt....sory that you had a crash just then...O__o
    I'd jump off the roof....^^;

lol...Mash rippoffs. Sage....I read the first part...sounds like an overly-well written piece. I'll finish it later (eventhough it's not that long...:p! ;)
    And I love the title....

5. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Most of my stuff has been removed by me due to a conflict with site management (User Support/Moderator Issues).

6. lovelorned

lovelorned Banned

I"m only 17, in drama club at school..gonna do a couple of plays..but I"ve been writing a series called "The Harmonikka and Guitarra Series"

Its about two teenage girls in a rock band..Their families are based on rock bands and instruments so their parents decided to give them the name..

The series basically goes like this..: Harmonikka and Guitarra open some kind of magical box that Guitarra's father decides not to open,,then it takes Guitarra and Harmonikka through these different demensions like Super Mario World..um..and other demensions..I'm done with the first series..or groups of them..episodes whatever..

Now I"m writing the second one.. :troll:

7. Culdeemoon

Culdeemoon Member

I've written poetry that was published, you've probably never read! I love Bukowski, cause he's an asshole and knows it! Sartre is probably responsible for more teenage suicides than you can imagine! Faulkner just pissed up against his fence... f..k Willy Loman, he can kiss my arse!

8. Culdeemoon

Culdeemoon Member

ok! succinct is good! Don't say in a hundred words what you can say in two! Humour's only funny when you laugh (Mel Brookes) Unless your Shakespeare, then it's a hoot! "The forrest's a dark and lonely place, but I have got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep!"...and lose my hand picking an apple!!...Robert Frost!... Shit!

9. Culdeemoon

Culdeemoon Member

Lana, in the morning... When the Summer Sky is dawning... I'll see clover dew blossoming in your hair... Sunshine fair, wait and see... etc etc..........

10. Culdeemoon

Culdeemoon Member

Wrote a couple of poems that are in the British Library! One was called Beechcombing... But it had nothing to do with hair! Am intrigued with your allusion to Biblical hair? Jesus had hair! OK! So did John the Baptist! Mary Magdalene dried Jesus's feet with her hair! Moses was a hairy sod, as was Hercules, but he was Greek! Ah well! Hair today gone tomorrow!

11. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

I've written for newspapers and magazines off and on since the 70s. I've written one book to date. It's still in print and doing surprisingly well after six years.

I'm semi-retired now, though. Am pecking away at a couple of projects that may or may not turn into books -- if I hang around the planet long enough to finish them.

12. TheBloodyDreamsSeries

TheBloodyDreamsSeries Member

I've written a young adults novel, with a super natural twist. My book comes out in July. The books about discovering the world, who you are, and what you capable of. The book's name is The Bloody Dreams Series: Stephenie Book1

13. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

"...well, I'm just another poster like yourself though some might call me a livewriter by way of my readership across forumland..." mentioned the goblin honestly enough, then adding "...simply the nature of writing is changing as we speak, where two things become quite clear now, one that forum readership is fast catching up with ebook readership, and two that those writers who did not do interesting posts are going to lose ground to those who do...", in fact, rather than discuss whether the goblin was actually what he claimed to be, he had simply started an edit thread in the writer's forum section here with a wager that it would receive 10000hits to it by christmas, saying "...by my posts am I then, care to wager against me now..."

[​IMG]

14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

It's clear to see where fleamailman looks for sampling.

I wrote once, they didn't write back?

15. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

"...but that's why I like livewriting..." replied the goblin, adding "...just we take turns to be our own author/reader between us, no not a blog where someone is in the center with the others looking on as in writing down to the reader, nor an ebook where the author is hidden well away now, no these are just posts where each one of us are equal and where as a livewriter I don't seek a readership for myself so much as a replyship for us all, so what say you human, care to join me some time..."

[​IMG]

16. Marchfool

Marchfool Member

I've written a sci-fi novel although it's a bit skimpy in fact it's very skimpy at 41,000 words. I've also written the rough draft of a novel about a guy who goes vigilante with the twist that he's killing people in the style of his fav executrioer. It's set in a future where executions are broadcast or performed live and the execution co.'s have to bid to execute criminals so the price goes up for someone ike T.McVeigh compared to a more run of the mill murderer. I've written some short stories too but don't really think much of them. I don't think much of my 'novel's' to be honest but they've both got a few good things in them. You can read any of it if you want. Just let me know.

17. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

As long as all our dealings are public.
    Whisperers are full of hearsay.

18. breezy420nahm

breezy420nahm Member

I am in the process of writing the first book to a fantasy trilogy. I will not be giving any details about it, however. None. Follow me on twitter. @gonzogrape. got a spirituality blog starting august 10th

19. Redneck66

Redneck66 Member

Have published two novels, available on Amazon and Smashwords

Rebellion: Gospel of the Keeper

Greywalker

Loved writing 'em and have more in the works

20. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

"Maybe next time you could provide the links?" The little mouse asks. "Modern day humans are lazy creatures and want to be transported to the other place instantly without having to bother doing a search," she says as she provides some links of her own innocently, but then a little mouse can be terribly sneaky too.

Link http://www.amazon.com/Bound-ebook/dp/B00BAEGUHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360524398&sr=8-1"]one
    Link http://www.amazon.com/Red-Gone-Bad-ebook/dp/B00AFVTYDS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kstore_3"]two

[​IMG]