Nuvaring made me gain 30lbs!!

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by jillgrand123, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jillgrand123

jillgrand123 Guest

I was on the Nuvaring for about 5 months. In the process I gained about 25lbs and another 5 lbs after I went off it and the scale continues to climb! I don't know what to do anymore..

Has anyone had an experience like that? Did you lose the weight? If so, how!?? And how long did it take?

I feel like it should come off the same way it came on.. is there any hope to lose it without trying?

Any feedback would be super helpful!!

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

3. Coffinspire

Coffinspire Members

You should talk to your OBGYN about birth control that doesn't make you gain weight, since that was one of my biggest fears. I wanted to try the depo shot but a girl I worked with blew up like a whale when she was on it. And my husbands ex had nuvaring (or mirana I can't remember) and she actually got pregnant because the doctor didn't put it in right, they're testy. The weight is probably water weight and your body is probably still used to having the IUD in.

The pill usually offers a lot of options, some have the same side effect though. The pill also messed up my cycle to the point where I only get my period a few times a year, which sounds awesome, until you want children.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I would actually suggest sticking to condoms. Nothing is a sure thing, but it's a sure thing not to mess up your body.