random facts the boring edition

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by pensfan13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Haven't they been cloned by now?

I don't even care if it's synthetic fur, I can't stand the cold.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

6f with -5f windchill

im so glad i dont even really technically live in the north

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I did it all for the wookie so you can take that cookie

5. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

6. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

It's really cold here, but has stopped snowing. Now it is just raining all the time.

"Rain is liquid water in the form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then precipitated—that is, become heavy enough to fall under gravity. Rain is a major component of the water cycle and is responsible for depositing most of the fresh water on the Earth. It provides suitable conditions for many types of ecosystem, as well as water for hydroelectric power plants and crop irrigation.
    The major cause of rain production is moisture moving along three-dimensional zones of temperature and moisture contrasts known as weather fronts. If enough moisture and upward motion is present, precipitation falls from convective clouds (those with strong upward vertical motion) such as cumulonimbus (thunder clouds) which can organize into narrow rainbands. In mountainous areas, heavy precipitation is possible where upslope flow is maximized within windward sides of the terrain at elevation which forces moist air to condense and fall out as rainfall along the sides of mountains. On the leeward side of mountains, desert climates can exist due to the dry air caused by downslope flow which causes heating and drying of the air mass. The movement of the monsoon trough, or intertropical convergence zone, brings rainy seasons to savannah climes.
    The urban heat island effect leads to increased rainfall, both in amounts and intensity, downwind of cities. Global warming is also causing changes in the precipitation pattern globally, including wetter conditions across eastern North America and drier conditions in the tropics.[citation needed] Antarctica is the driest continent. The globally averaged annual precipitation over land is 715 mm (28.1 in), but over the whole Earth it is much higher at 990 mm (39 in).[1] Climate classification systems such as the Köppen climate classification system use average annual rainfall to help differentiate between differing climate regimes. Rainfall is measured using rain gauges. Rainfall amounts can be estimated by weather radar.
    Rain is also known or suspected on other planets, where it may be composed of methane, neon, sulfuric acid or even iron rather than water."

7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

NFL football players are required by contract to cooperate with the media.

Collegiate sports coined the term 'student athletes' 50 years ago to avoid paying compensation to the familys of students that died playing.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

if this was a contest on the title of the thread....well you my friend would have won.

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Saturday the schedule for the coming week comes out...as in if you have to work the next day, tomorrow/Sunday is on that schedule.

A person shouldn't count on it coming out before 8pm either.

They've recently, in the past few weeks, changed up my schedule suddenly and drastically from one week to the next and I can't decide if I want to go in and find out about this next weeks schedule or just call in there (several hours from now) and find out.

that's my big dilema. lol

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've a chest cold from playing in the snow? I don't know. I'm not used to having either.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Was out slogging around in the wet snow while it rained getting some wood... Drifts from last week are so deep I can't get to the splitter. The deer where watching... they figure I must be crazy

12. morrow

morrow Visitor

Hair removal cream, doesnt like silver, it discolours real bad. Lol

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So What You Are Really Trying To Tell Us Is.......Your Labia Pieceing

Has Discoloration Issues......Right...[​IMG].??

Cheers Glen.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Except where the plows pushed up piles the snow here is all gone

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

seasonal affective disorder sux

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Are there any disorders that are good?

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I think the disorder where you can't feel pain would be pretty neat.

I realize pain is a warning sign (for the most part) but still I think being unable to feel pain and still being alive would be pretty good...until you could see a bone sticking out of your skin, blood spurting from a vein or similar.

18. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Not sure about that one Lynn. Years ago a friend's step mother was taking care of my friend's father. He had MS and was bed ridden. She was trying to move him and his foot got caught on something and ripped his toe nail off. He ended up in the hospital because even though he could not feel the pain he went into shock.

As much as I hate living in chronic pain, I think I will keep it to know when I am damaging myself.

19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^ OH LORD, Specs!

Put in that perspective...going into shock from something you didn't even feel didn't occur to me. duh moment....

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

as shitty my life is. this dont bother me so much. tanning salon, 12mins a week. i should probably do more when it was deep chill. but i dont.