random facts the boring edition

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by pensfan13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We haven't had a working furnace in 5 years. There's no money to replace it.

http://www.angieslist.com/articles/how-much-does-it-cost-install-new-furnace.htm

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

but his idea of raising the house from a crawl space to a basement was a great idea. you want to know how much my house cost me? i will tell you exactly how much. the reason the previous owner sold me the house for the price he did was because it was the exact price it cost him to raise his home from a crawl space to have a basement...and this house is twice the size of the one he raised so im sure it would be more for me.

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

My out side drain is full!

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

5. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I'm looking forward to going to my Aunts' 89th birthday party! It's a few weeks from now.

:2thumbsup:

6. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

I'm thankful we have a woodstove and plenty of firewood...

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

same here...woodstove used to be the primary but now its just once in a while because nat gas is so cheap

8. countrygirl

3-f here this morning...

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Much colder here... -9f now Was -14 at 6:25AM

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i just checked out my page on my insurance site. and the total amount that was allowed by my insurance from my first physical i got because of the kidney stones up till now was....$35,580 the ammount i owe (after my insurance bills) is a couple of dollars below $3000.
    it would take some work to figure out how much the hopitals and doctors actually charge because i would have to go into each claim individually but i would bet that the total original charges would be about $100k. maybe i will check that out when i have a bit of free time.
    (if anyone is confused by that last part...the hospital charges what they want then the insurance company says no its only worth this amount of money and because of the deal they have the insurance company always wins that argument)

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

I like our system best, your sick, you go get seen to..
    There must be people who get sicker worried about rising costs of health bills...

12. Tyrsonswood

There are people that die from that...

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

no nogs are going to die in Allegheny county.. and thats the god given truth.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my front yard is 8 feet high of snow now..i can tell because my fence is 6 foot

im running out of place to push it ..i wish there wasnt a bylaw for pushing across the road//

15. countrygirl

Heat wave its 40f here right now...:)

16. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

We got up to 33f degrees. Some of the snow melted and the roads are wet. In the morning they will likely be ice covered.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

33 ptttf.. its 36 here. I think we might die from exhaustion. its so hot outside..

18. Tyrsonswood

30 here... That means it's all freezing again. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain and snow later which will freeze solid.

This could be fun...

19. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Gotta go work in Flagstaff on Monday.

I just booked a hotel there and they said it was starting to snow..

I decided to get the hotel for Sunday night because I've never driven in the snow (or ice) etc. and I don't want to take a chance on sliding off a mountain road into a tree at three in the morning with a hangover.

So for the next month or two I'll probably be working in conditions like these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdOgkV83Oo"]107 knot blizzard in Antarctica - YouTube

Yay ...:freezing:

I'd better get to Wally World tomorrow and get a Mammoth skin or something because I'm not used to the cold.

20. Tyrsonswood

You know we don't have Mammoths anymore, right?