random facts the boring edition

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by pensfan13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. birdpics

birdpics Member

In case you always wanted to build your own home:

People can design and build their own homes with 3-D printers, even design their own jewelry, clothing, and art.

There are folding dome homes you can assemble yourself also.

The latest thing; world's First 4-D Printer - it can make things that build themselves, change shapes http://t.co/2e5UxvR7li

:sunny:

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Jees guys, its not so bad here...get ya coats, morrow is inviting you, i guess the more the warmer, and my house is 2 layers brick with insulation between...lol
    Hell, just get over here!

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Love the invitation but for the price of a plane ticket i could get the propane reinstalled and run for over two months.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

After two months yyou will want another invite! Ha...

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Nothing wrong with these houses, seems to be a lack of fuel problems. Sure am glad your world is perfect though. :2thumbsup:

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

well there is something wrong with my house, it was abandoned for 7 years and stripped by looters, when the person i bought it from started fixing it up he only finished half of the house. so it only cost me half of what the house should be worth but half isnt done. with the payments to own it i dont have enough to finish the second half.

i can take up to freezing weather but i dont remember the coldest winters 200 miles north of here ever having these temperatures for this long a time. i will say this house is damn nice in the summer though.[​IMG]

7. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Even farther north I am not remembering this long in the deep freeze. Usually there is some fluctuation in the temperatures during the winter. Weatherman this morning said this day in 1950 it was 70f degrees here. Today we started around 5.

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

The world has tipped its axis i believe...and we should adjust our lives to fit in..its not going to change much soon!
    Look at the facts that we have seen
    Uk, floods, rain and sea surges like never before
    Egypt, cairo, a white christmas, first in 130 years..
    Polar caps melting
    Usa and canada freezing the likes have never seen befor...
    Australia, hotter than ever befor...
    Thats just a few places! Global warming? I dont think so!
    Im not a 'clever' person, but im not stupid either...its natural natures change.
    Just my opinion of course :)

9. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I have to wait another 30 minutes before taking another dose of aspirin...

:mad:

Oh, and @ morrow..

There is another ice age coming soon..

Can't tell here tho, it's in the mid 70s' F again today. :sunny:

10. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Update: The aspirins seem to be working.. :)

11. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

my brother in law Finlay got snip snip [​IMG] he was so funny yesterday he could barley move I think he was milking it a little bit more then it actually was. good that's all they need a another one thrown in the mix they can barley handle the ones they have now lol

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Finally ...

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

sounds more like lack of preparation..its not a fuel problem

i cant even imagine using kerosene in a house...

you southerners should invest in decent windows...insulated walls and working furnaces

basements are great too...instead of frozen crawlspaces

and bury the damn pipes below the frost line:mickey:

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

and barely

not barley

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Looters is hardly a problem with how the house was built...

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Houses in the early 1900s and through the 1950s simply didn't have the materials that are available now. Plumbing was made with iron. Relatively all heat was radiator heat, and that is just the beginning. (I have no knowledge of houses built in the 1960s and after.) However, many of us are in these old houses that, without this awful cold, would be fine...well, good enough.

When you're talking about replacing windows, insulating walls (we have a brick home with walls so hard you have to get a GOOD electric screw driver to even get a wood screw in) and possibly (probably) re-doing a furnace or heating system, you are talking about a LOAD of money...money that many of us don't have - and no matter how hard we work, many of us may (probably) struggle greatly just to get needed basics done.

Right now, I'm dreading having to have the patio and car port jack-hammered up (when spring/early summer comes) because the pipes from the house to the septic tank supposedly need to be replaced. Back when this house was made the best materials were used; but, now - according to the plumbers or septic people - the pipes are beginning to show signs of age and they need to be replaced before they crumble.

I find it quite interesting that as long as I use Rid-X we don't need to call for help with the septic pipes to be cleaned of roots, even though we've been told roots aren't the problem. Reminds me I'm getting some Rid-X tomorrow. :)

Have I covered enough shit? lol

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

dont use wood screws in concrete...use concrete screws :p

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I didnt say there was only one reason why the house is hard to heat.

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Come Clean, What Went Wrong, You Can Confide In Us BBAD...[​IMG].???

Cheers Glen.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i was referring to lynns post about screws

i dont even think the framing in this place is attached to the concrete block...im pretty sure we just made the walls laying down then tipped them up (after vapour barrier) and used concrete nails on the sill plate and then screwed the top plate into the rafters then stuffed in the fiberglass and drywalled