random facts the boring edition

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by pensfan13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

Grandkids are spending the night...:)

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Gotta work saturday and sunday. That will be 12 straight days...if the cold alone wasnt making me miserable enough.

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Well hell, I just have to say I SURELY did read Ty's post wrong about who had the dead battery. :( and no, now that my dumbass got the point I'm not thinking it best that the deliverer's battery is dead. gad I hate reading something that wrong. (where is that shaking head at one's own stupidity icon?)

I hope tomorrow night I'll be reading you have some heat!!! What in the world are y'all doing? Making do with layers of blankets?

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Need bigger blankets not more of them. Its hard to patch them together once you get the main one comfortable.
    Heres to hoping the pipes unfreeze sunday. If they dont it will be another week of misery.

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Dont know how you guys are coping...what is your government doing to help?
    We just get to see al the pretty ice pictures you got, that we know we dont want!
    So who will pay your repair bills, your high heating costs, will you get assistance with these...
    Madens me, the amount of money that goes abroad in assistance to countries that still dont help them selves! Sorry, i dont begrudge the children...but why are they not being educated still...
    Oops, rant over....

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i would be more worried about when pipes could be fixed rather than how much its going to be.

when it finally thaws the plumbers are going to have a long list of people calling for help.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

For most people the cost is on them... There's no assistance.

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Its not right...how come the governments, ours included, make cut backs which affect us all, but they always find the money to help otther countries, not a couple of quid each, but millions! I dont get it any more....hangs head and sighs...

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

there is assistance in heating your place for the people with not enough money (in my area i cant speak for anyone else) the problem with these plans are that they benefit people that just dont work. the people that are out working 40 hours a week make to much for the assistance yet are just as cold when they come home.

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

Same here...but no one can afford to have heating on now..the only people that benefit from the heating allowance,, are rich pensioners! But they paid their taxes, so why not?

11. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I recommend the DeLenghi Dragon electric oil heater.Very economical and can heat a large flat.Two will do whole house.I have one and have never looked back.

[​IMG]

12. Tyrsonswood

:smilielol5:

I guess you haven't seen my house...

13. Tyrsonswood

Anyways... I bought 45 packs of those hardwood bricks this morning. BUT! They are 45 miles away and travel is not recommended for the next several days...

At least I got to them before someone else snapped them up. Great in the woodstove, they suck in the furnace though...

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Or mine. No.. but I have one those to heat the 6x9 bathroom. I leave it on 300W, dont seem to notice its use on the ebill..

went up to 29F, I have one the heaters off now. least til the wind starts back up and sucks all the heat out..

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The ice in my upstairs toilet finally melted.

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

:eek:......:freezing:......:toilet:

Cheers Glen.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you guys wouldnt have heat problems if you bought houses that were built right

18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We use kerosene but it's gone up to $5.29 per gallon. Five gallons will heat our main living area for 4 days.

We use electric space heaters to heat up the bedrooms.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I guess they didnt know how to build houses a hundred years ago.

20. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

The steam radiators in my apartment certainly put out plenty of heat and don't cost a dime, it does tend to get way too hot though if you leave them on so I prefer to leave them off at night and use an electric blanket