myths

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jennifer19, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

so I have heard stories about things that make you come down from a high. Bullshit or not? Like taking a cold shower or putting eye drops in I do believe eating tends to sober me up. cold shower's no. smoking a cig gets you higher? I think bullshit on that one. anyone ells have any myths you have heard of?

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think those myths are not absolute tricks that really make your high go away or stronger but more like experiences that make it feel like it. I have experienced myself several times that smoking a cig not too long after you finished a joint can make you feel more high. A high that comes down after taking a cold shower makes sense to me too, hence why I have never done it :p

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

This is a bit out side the context of your myth catagory , but 20+ years ago I tried weed and have not tried again , so the statement that weed is a gate way drug is a myth . The only drugs I use are caffine ( tea, soda pop ) and beer .

4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I did that one time, that was after I ate half that pot cookie and I went into panic mode and started freaking all I wanted was too be sober I would have tried anything at that point. but the cold shower didn't sober me up

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

smoking out of metal pipes/screens gives you parkinson's and alzheimer's disease.. by some Glass ..

6. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

how about the silly movie myth that you get visuals from smoking pot. hilarious examples are Roadtrip in wich an old guy (with a massive boner) has a conversation with his dog and one of the cheech and chong movies with a talking salmon.

never tried to get rid of a high but there are many things that can ruin a good buzz :frown:

7. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Leary used to talk about Niacin as something that could help you with a bad acid trip.
    I've never tested it with cid but I know that a superdose of B's can help me with mild panic attacks. I use those 5hour engery shots.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The gateway theory. If you smoke weed you will automatically move on to harder drugs.

9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Hilarious!

10. highwaychile

highwaychile Guest

Weed does not fry the brain, it opens the mind...

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Different strain, different impact on the brain :p

12. cpark.wg

cpark.wg Members

i dont think that stuff is true since its already in your bloodstream so just like alcohal those things prob wont bring you down from a high. maybe if you have some adrenaline or something.

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think the highest I ever was --was when I was peaking on window pane and some one stuck a popper under my beak! Had to use some weed to mellow out on that one. I definitely saw the earth down below before NASA photos that time.

(I know-no one asked me)

14. JeanetteBlanchette

JeanetteBlanchette Members

Legal highs are sometimes unbiased to our mind and we feel relax or high after taking some kinds of drugs. Drugs are change our mood. So think once to intake durgs.