Is my tattoo healing right?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by West, Nov 7, 2013.

1. West

West Guest

Just for peace of mind really. This was done last thursday:
    [​IMG]

Monday morning:
    [​IMG]

Today - 7 days later

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the last two pics - not the best. Where it has cracked there seems to be not much colour beneath both on blue and black, and in some places the skin has a red colouring - you know just like when it's first done - is this normal after seven days? How long does the peeling process take?Mine only seemed to start yesterday. It does feel dry.

I was told to keep it clean wash it 3 times a day with an antibacterial soap and was given a sample size of Tattoo goo and told to apply it sparingly for 3 days Should I continue on with that?

TIA

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

It looks fine, but quite dry. Keep using soap once a day, and instead of the tattoo goo, use coconut oil every few hours until the tattoo is done peeling. That process may take a couple weeks. It's a great tattoo, by the way :).

3. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

That's beautiful. Looks like normal healing but like ^*MAMA* said it looks dry. Keep unscented lotion on it. It's very important that its unscented. When I get tattooed mine stays red for a while. If it hasn't yet, it will get itchy. DON'T SCRATCH IT. Also very very important DON'T PICK SCABS. It will do a number on that beautiful color. It will start to peel also. Don't pick at it no matter how badly you want. Wash it gently with warm water and anti-bacterial soap and pat it dry. Let it peel on its own. Just keep it clean and hydrated and it will be healed before you know it.

4. West

West Guest

Thanks guys for taking the time to answer - I know this question must get asked over and over again - You have both put my mind at rest. Don't worry i'm not going to scratch or pick anything on the tattoo, the only time I touch it is to wash and now moisturise it :) I want it to look it's absolute best when it is healed :):)

5. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

@West...
    your tattoo will be allright...a tattoo needs time to get into the skin...
    I use an unguent which is based on homeopathy..called homeoplasmine...
    after few days i put flamigel unguent which makes the whole tattto peal off..then it heals well....and the real colours come through...
    great tattoo you got,West...I'll try to put few pics of my tats which were done only last monday...have to go back for a lot more sessions..I'll have to bite my teeth...pains a bit sometimes to have a tattoo done..

6. RubySoho6

I love that pain. It's what keeps me going back for more. It's addicting.

7. *MAMA*

It's not the reason I get ink, but I love tattoo pain too...

8. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

9. *MAMA*

Looks great, tiger! :)

10. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

thanks,mama..yes..but...it's not finished yet...have to go back on 26th November and finally a lot of other times(ahah):)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

its on the left, not the right/// :D

12. RubySoho6

Yeah, obviously not the only reason I get tattoos but I enjoy the whole experience. Not just the artwork when its done. Except the one on the top of my foot. I didn't enjoy getting that one done so much. Ouch. I grin and bear it though. I'm not one to take breaks and that one wasn't very big.The last one I got is on the inside part of my upper arm. I thought it was going to hurt but was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't bad.

13. RubySoho6

Nice tattoo tiger. I love the star with the words. I'm always trying to come up with different ways to get words tattooed. I like that.

14. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

I think in my opinion..a tattoo heals when you really take care of it..
    it needs aftercare(unguent)I use an homeopathic unguent...
    I went yesterday for some more tattooing..I must say...I cannot stand more then 2 hours...
    I really have to bite my teeth...my tattooist can put a spray..after the lining is done..plastic cover over it..
    then wait 10 minutes..it's a USA product which is sprayed on..it's much better afterwards..but that stinging effect comes back after a while...it's a pain...any tattoo freak has to tolerate...I'll have to go back on 17th december....I'll become a walking flower painting:mickey:
    I might post some pics...I'll see..glad to see some crazy ladies on here...I really dig that...
    I say to them...YES..you deserve a statue in your hometown(ahahah):2thumbsup::sunny::)

15. RubySoho6

I'm going to be heading into the shop I go to in the next few weeks with an idea for my guy to draw up. My shop just got new t-shirts. They say " Tattooed Scumbag est. 1997" with a drawing on the front and their name on the back. I think a t-shirt and tattoo sounds like a great xmas gift for myself.

16. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

update=I went again for more tats on my upper left arm on 17th december....
    as I said in above posting...I have to bite my teeth...
    my left arm will be fully done from top to bottom by march/april,I reckon...
    I will have to go for next session on 15th january...and so on...ahahah...
    oh...and my design for my right arm is approved :)by my tattto artist..
    he says he can put it,just enough place...
    it's a lotus flower,but I will let it fully colour...here's a picture..

[​IMG]

17. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

got the cats done a while ago...it healed good...but since I'm an old dude...my skin gets older as well...
    my tattoo artist was surprised that for an almost 69 year old dude..my skin is still in excellent shape(ah)
    I love cats=small or big...i do not have much place left on my arms..but...I will have a tigerhead done very soon..
    am i crazy?

[​IMG]