New here - Intro & question

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by HappyCamper1975, Oct 28, 2013.

1. HappyCamper1975

HappyCamper1975 Guest

Hello! I am a Cancer and am starting to get more into astrology and learning about my loved ones and their signs. It's still pretty basic for me, haven't gotten into detailed charts, birth times, etc. I'm excited to see what all I can learn from those of you with more extensive knowledge :sunny: I have been divorced for about a year and a half (unhealthy rel., alcoholism & emotional abuse on his part). I have 4 daughters, ranging in age from 4-12. I work full-time and, with some help from my parents, am working hard to support myself and my children.

My question is this: I've been "seeing" a textbook Capricorn man (Dec. 31, single, 2 kids) for about 6 months. I say "seeing" because I'm really not sure what else to call it. We met through mutual friends (my bff is married to his bff, but because of previous relationships/circumstances had never met before). We started talking immediately afterwards, almost exclusively text messages. Almost from the get-go, the texts had a very physical nature, which was fine with me. We both agreed that we wanted no drama, nothing serious.

Since we met, we have gotten together 6 times (we both have very busy lives) and from the beginning those were very physical as well. We are very comfortable with each other and enjoy discussing fantasies and exploring with each other. During these times, we also spend a lot of time talking and laughing, discussing past relationships, work, kids, etc. We have gotten into a few pretty deep discussions on relationships but have never taken the step to give ourselves or what we are to each other a label. We both seem to feel pretty comfortable where we are, but I feel like deep down, we would both like more of a commitment, a relationship, but there are several factors keeping us from taking that step.
    1. He's a capricorn LOL
    2. Our work & family life schedules
    3. Fear of the unknown and our pasts

My questions are these:

Because he is a Capricorn, can I expect to wait a year or more before knowing how he really feels about me? I'm very patient and willing to wait that long, but I kind of wonder what I'm looking at here.

How can I tell if he's really interested in (eventually) more of a committed relationship?

Since we primarily communicate via text, which can vary between conversations that last hours to very brief, impersonal messages, what are some ways I can let him know I care about him and am thinking of him, without being to pushy and bothersome. I think he appreciates hearing from me, but is pretty aloof and distant, so I'm never sure if I'm doing the right thing by contacting him out of the blue with just a "How are you doing today?" - he's typical in that he doesn't seem interested in small talk but I don't know how else to let him know I'm thinking of him. What are some ways that I can show him that will really speak to him.

If you've made it this far, thank you for your time! I would love to hear what you all think :)

2. HappyCamper1975

HappyCamper1975 Guest

I might also add that he always withdraws after we've spent time together physically. Then he'll text me a week or more later wanting to discuss it. It's really been a challenge for me to get used to this & nit take it personally.

3. Allisuunshine

Allisuunshine Member

my boyfriend is a cancer too, cancers have a lot of good traits there very loyal to the people that they love, so that's awesome. :)