#12 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,393 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted October 01 2013 - 02:47 PM

I tried Sailor Jerry and didn't like it as much as I like Captain Morgan's Spiced.

#13 puffcarter

puffcarter

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't know any rum that you can drink straight. It really tastes so awful (for me) without a chaser. Anyway, there are cheap chaser out their in grocery stores, you might want to try it.

#14 Jay721

Jay721

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 12:23 PM

actually how is Cruzan rum cream.ive heard it being compared to baileys and i love baileys.is it pretty much like that only instead of irish cream its rum

#15 Sig

Sig

• PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 12:25 PM

hmm,maybe i would of liked it better if i drank it straight then cuz like i said.i normally mix rums but someone recently recommended captain morgan private stock to me and it seems like you can drink that straight or mixed

When I drink Kraken I drink it neat, sometimes with cube of ice or two. I rarely ever mix drinks though.
Who shall sing me
into the death-sleep sling me
When I walk on the Path of Death
and the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

#16 LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold

Cuz it will if you let it

• PipPipPip
  • 7,987 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 12:55 PM

I like sailor Jerry with a couple cubes and a splash of dr pepper. I drink it straight sometimes though.

However I rarely drink anything besides beer, unless it's a special occasion or pussy is involved. But Jerry is my go to guy for liquor. I catch a lot of shit here because I don't like bourbon. I live in the Bourbon Capitol of the world and people seem t think you're not a man unless you drink it.

#17 Sig

Sig

• PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 12:57 PM

However I rarely drink anything besides beer, unless it's a special occasion or pussy is involved. But Jerry is my go to guy for liquor. I catch a lot of shit here because I don't like bourbon. I live in the Bourbon Capitol of the world and people seem t think you're not a man unless you drink it.

When it comes to liquor I drink whatever it is neat; bourbon, scotch, gin, cognac, rum, etc..... If I can't drink it neat, then I don't drink it.

Don't like bourbon? To each their own. Is it the bite that puts you off? Do you feel the same when it comes to, say, well aged scotch?
Who shall sing me
into the death-sleep sling me
When I walk on the Path of Death
and the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

#18 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 17,261 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted October 02 2013 - 01:27 PM

Bundaberg Rum. If you can find it, has a polar bear label. It's australian, my fav spirit.

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#19 Tom1

Tom1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 01:46 PM

Love a good drink of Captain Morgans

#20 Ol' Zeus

Ol' Zeus

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted October 02 2013 - 04:24 PM

I don't know any rum that you can drink straight. It really tastes so awful (for me) without a chaser. Anyway, there are cheap chaser out their in grocery stores, you might want to try it.

Sailor Jerry tastes good straight. It's a spiced rum with a bit of vanilla, cinnamon, caramel taste to it. Not really sweet, but tasty!
"To fathom hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic."

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company