Crabs journey from the sea to my kitchen table.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by TrevorH, Sep 28, 2013.

1. TrevorH

TrevorH Guest

I picked up a crabbing hobby last year while fishing. I asked a few crabbers on their gear and how they did it. 1 month later, I compiled everything I needed to go crabbing.

Ever since going crabbing, I made many dishes using crabs. Infact im quite bored of eating them now. So i took out my camera and went crazy with pictures.

Here is the process of how crabs get into my kitchen.

[​IMG]

They get pulled from cages. This catch went very well. Undersized ones are thrown back. any crabs measuring above 6.5 inches across the shell are keepers. I use a plastic measuring tool. pic below.

[​IMG]

Once caught, they are cleaned and steamed and peeled. I made crab cakes out of this batch caught a month ago.

Here is the finished product.

[​IMG]

Portabella mushrooms were on sale at the grocery store so i bought some and made crab stuffed mushrooms. sooo good.

[​IMG]

There were more crab mixture left so I made crab cakes out of them. Also sooo good. most fiine dine restaurants put in a ratio of 50 percent crackers to 50percent crab meat. I used 20% crackers to 80 % crab meat.

I couldnt over indulge on crabs alone so I took out some spaghetti and made crab pasta. Also very delicious.

Recipes are found at http://mrdungenesscrabber.com/category/crab-recipes/

If links are not allowed, could a mod please remove it?

thanks
    =)