rainbow dreamer

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by SummerStarshine, Sep 19, 2013.

1. SummerStarshine

SummerStarshine Member

i am sad to say i missed out on rainbow gathering this year, but nothing will get in my way of going in 2014. i have heard alot about it and absolutly cannot wait to join the family. :grouphug:

any family members have any thing they'd like to share?

love SummerStarshine :sunny:

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

i am one who was at the gathering , and now it's just
    a calm whisper . the glory of it is in becoming Light .

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I've been to 14 gatherings since 1977 at age 24(and there's so much more). When you hike into camp with your backpack, and everyone gives you a hug and says, "Welcome home.", you know you are.

The only bad one was in Texas, but that's Texass.

I was at one in Missouri, and the Air Force did a mock attack on the gathering with F-16 war planes on the morning of the 4th, causing sonic booms that sounded like bombs. I was dosed, and thought it was WWIII, and I didn't care.

I went to one in North Carolina, and camped at Turtle Soup Kitchen. Eighteen of us dosed on XTC, got nakid, and packed ourselves in a three person dome tent. You know how worms all clump together in a can when you're fishing? It was kinda like that.

I went to one in Washington State, where a guys wife had their first child. He gave away ten thousand hits of LSD to celebrate. I did eight hits that day.

I went to one in Colorado, where a rainbow circled the sun on the fourth main circle, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

But of course, the first gathering is always the best. Mine was on the east fork of the Gila river in New Mexico. I met a guy that camped in a cave with a mother bird with chicks. That bird was so cool, she would fly out and catch a bug, and bring it back, and hop around and show everyone what she got for her babies, then fly up to the nest on the ceiling of the cave, feed it to the chicks, then fly out and catch another bug. She did that all day.

Now I'm old and can't breathe well enough to hike in to camp any more. My last one was in Colorado in 2000, and I could barely make it back to my car. But the gatherings are the best memories of my life. Peace out.

4. SummerStarshine

SummerStarshine Member

all of those memories sound lovely. i look forward to making memories of the sort at many a gatherings to come. :3

5. MinkyMoo

MinkyMoo Guest

Mate that sounds beautiful, the bird especially. Imagine how happy she was to be a part of that family, predators wouldn't bother her either, awww.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

never been to a gathering yet but hope to someday.

7. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I heard of an ocala alternative in tx.

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i'm on the lookout for anything in socal...