• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 02:20 PM

Okay so i know a lot of people need a job right now. Also some other people just merely want to drop out of the rat race that we call society, to have the freedom of being ones own boss. So simply put, if you know a way one can be self employed, share it. Tell us what it is, and the bare minimums you need to get started, etc etc.

One can sell used pallets. There are companies that buy used pallets for a certain amount. The guy I will be dealing with will be giving me 1.00-2.50 per pallet. I am also lucky in that he pays for damaged pallets, meaning if one is not to satisfaction to be used, he still pays me for it, just less, about .75- 1 dollar.

Needed

1 full sized pick up truck
local stores to get pallets from (they all give them away for free around here)
a person to buy them.
Optional: 12-15 foot trailer to haul more pallets

remember it costs gas. So be sure to keep track of your mileage so that you can get all your money back in a tax return, they even sell little devices that can do this for you.

If you can keep a fast pace you can load a bunch of pallets at on place in no time. On the factory line it took us about 3-10 seconds to move a pallet depending on weight so a tip, park your truck close. Then its a 15 minute n trip for my buyer, and I will be getting paid.
IDK what some ppl think hippies are. The Originals, the one that Lived it, in the 60/70/80s, in The Haight, we were firm believers in our Constitution, our rights as human being. We were/are anti establishment, anti big government. And we were Armed to the teeth. It was said that The Haight had more guns than the police dept.-MARY aka shameless_heifer

#2 youfreeme

youfreeme

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 08:19 PM

Make up some shit and then convince people that they need it.

#3 hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:59 AM

what about them 3d printers
IDK what some ppl think hippies are. The Originals, the one that Lived it, in the 60/70/80s, in The Haight, we were firm believers in our Constitution, our rights as human being. We were/are anti establishment, anti big government. And we were Armed to the teeth. It was said that The Haight had more guns than the police dept.-MARY aka shameless_heifer

#4 Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:12 AM

Make up some shit and then convince people that they need it.

and charge a premium so say feel "exclusive"

religion for people afraid of going to hell.spirituality is for people who have been there.

getting laid is not the same as getting free consensual sex. that actually may be comparable to winning the lottery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Peace Love Unity Respect

#5 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,396 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted September 25 2013 - 12:55 AM

Sell your services. What skills do you have?
Personal chef ( option: pre made meal delivery. You would need to rent a commercial kitchen 2-3 days a week.)
Landscaper (costs- tools, truck, durable outdoor clothing, advertising)
Dog walker (might need a permit, insurance. Advertising, leads and collars, treats, toys, poop bags)
After school activity provider (need location, possible background check. Materials for crafts and activities- variable)
House painter (first jobs materials, ladder, brushes, drop cloths, tape, trays, coveralls, transportation)

Window washer, less than three floors (squeegees, poles, buckets, rags, cleaner)
Seasonal widow decor painter ( also temporary signs. Paint, brushes, yardstick, paper for sketch of design.)

Tutor
Scrap metal collecting

Flea market vendor (costs variable. Dumpster dive, collect free items from CL, buy cheap sell a bit higher. Transport and site costs.)
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#6 Destro_the_punk

Destro_the_punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 06:02 AM

Recycling metals is another way to make cash from scrap. Mike the scrapper on you tube has some great guides.

With the pallets and simple wood working tools you could build outdoor furniture, art pieces , or garden tools. The main thing is get serious about what you're doing and make sure everyone know what services you're offering.

#7 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted September 29 2013 - 12:23 AM

giggalo

“Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight.  You do not simply decide to become one.  It is a long chain of steps and acts.  And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening...You don’t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist.” – Vaclav Havel, former Czech President (1993-2003) & activist

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail.  He can be caught.  He can be killed and forgotten.

But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world.

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)

#8 BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,244 posts

Posted September 29 2013 - 08:44 AM

People make some real money through re-selling (such as items on ebay, tickets on stubhub, etc). It takes some capital to first begin, but the investment usually pays off as long as you do your homework.

I personally work as a free-lance editor/grant writer. It is a tough market to get into, but once you're in the work is plentiful. Anyone with a college education can potentially make it in the free-lance industry as long as they have some sort of marketable skill.
"If you're not into metal, you are not my friend!"

#9 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted September 29 2013 - 07:31 PM

Gather all the business you can muster and keep your overhead as low as possible.

“Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight.  You do not simply decide to become one.  It is a long chain of steps and acts.  And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening...You don’t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist.” – Vaclav Havel, former Czech President (1993-2003) & activist

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail.  He can be caught.  He can be killed and forgotten.

But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world.

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)

#10 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,396 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted September 30 2013 - 11:43 AM

Destro!!!!!! Good to see you!
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

Click to shop at FS Books