*HELP* First Timer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by madman32x, Sep 14, 2013.

1. madman32x

madman32x Member

I would like to start growing my own marijuana plants. How difficult would it be to grow a few plants for myself? What would you recommend for me to buy?
    Any help would be appreciated :)

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

It's not a difficult task, especially with all of the info available online.

Your setup will vary greatly depending on how much money you are willing to spend, how many plants, location, etc.

3. madman32x

madman32x Member

I wouldn't mind spending $100 - $500 on 5-8 plants. But what I really need help on is what I need to buy.

4. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

it can be as complex as an upside down indoor soil free hydroponic electrofied system, or water and soil.....

5. BluntBlaza101

BluntBlaza101 Guest

If your a first time grower start out with CFLs (compact fluorescent bulbs) they're pretty cheap and you could find them almost anywhere. They don't get as hot as H.I.D. lights which will help keep temps under control. The only downsides to CFLs is they have poor penetration so you have to keep them close to your babies. For a first time strain i would go with Northern Lights, it's easy to grow (very forgiving to noobs), even though it's a good smoke it doesn't smell very much during flowering, it's short in stature which is good for stealth boxes.

6. SamKush

SamKush Member

You are going to buy seeds online I suppose? There are thousands of strains that you can choose from. First off, I would suggest you buy the strains that you most love using. Any idea what strains you like to hit?:)

7. madman32x

madman32x Member

Thanks for the help everyone :)

SamKush- I'm not sure, exactly. I would like to try a few different kinds... maybe white widow and northern lights, as BluntBlaza suggested.

8. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I'm about to start my first grow too :D

I won't claim to be an expert my any means... but I'm choosing to start with a clone from a trusted source rather than seeds. Maybe start my mother plant, and keep cloning it
    Just reading through this I learned quite a lot man: http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

and I'm sure there will be a ton more to learn from experience. Good luck to the each of us, ya?

9. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

my friend... I shit you not>

Put a seed in a pot, watered it twice a day, put it out in the sun for 6-8 hours a day.

boom, had a 8 ounce yield in 1 1/2 months.

None of that hydroponic or chemical enhancement shit. Just all natural, put it where it needs to go.

*he did ferment the seed first*