Gender divison in two opposites is greatest mistake of mankind

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by surgeongirl, Aug 24, 2013.

1. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Holy crap lol

I still don't know what a terf is.

I'll never stop crossing off the word "sex" and writing in *gender* when I'm asked if I'm a male or female. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Maybe there's lots of opportunity for Humanity to sort it all out so terfs no longer exist? lol

2. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

there is soooooooo much more to this
    but its a small BULLSEYE

3. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

masculine superiority is a myth

4. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

birds can change to dinosours..........

5. HippieDude76

HippieDude76 Member

Interesting... Very Very Interesting....

6. HippieDude76

HippieDude76 Member

I think that gender is the universe's way of introducing us to merging duality. Becoming one.

7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We share a gender identity with all animals. Like Jane Goodall said, we can see ourselves through the lens of our animal relatives.

8. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

sexuality is common in world of friends

9. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

man is born with the curse of not knowing itself

10. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

Just wait.....Time will unveil everything.The scro...... will crack open ..... the p will be reduced to c

11. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

12. BianaGi

BianaGi Members

As a biologist with 10 years under my belt in the field of human sex development, I have to say that it sounds like science fiction to me. I've never heard of such a theory, therefore I doubt that there is any real scientific back bone to support his claims. I might be wrong though. Something I tell interns is never to believe that we know it all. I would have to read his book to read it for myself.

Biological sex is not determined by two "sex chromosomes" as we have been told since 1909. In my field we have moved away from chromosomal sex. Implying that chromosomes are responsible for biological sex. In the 90's we moved on to generic sex, and now we are down to molecular sex. That's because biological sex is the combine product of the interaction of the molecules of the proteins that are encoded by 30 different genes. Out of these 30 genes only four are found in the so called sex chromosomes. In fact, chromosomes do not always match the persons's phenotype.

Not just as a biologist but as an intersex person, I wonder about this men's credentials to start with. Ninety nine percent of doctors I've personally encounter don't know their butt hole from a hole on the ground when it comes to intersex conditions. The main reason there are so many intersex people that are nerve diagnose. Between 64% to 75% of men with Klinefelter's syndrome are never diagnose thorough their life time. If he refers to a person's biological sex as "gender," then I know that he lacks the most basic understanding of the subject. There is a huge difference between sex and gender. Gender is biological, what sex organs you are born with. The second is socially learned behavior.

"The distinction between sex and gender is a concept that distinguishes sex, the biological makeup of an individual's reproductive anatomy, from gender, an individual's lifestyle often culturally learned." - Wikipedia

"Sex refer to biological differences... while gender refers to cultural or social ones." - Oxford English Dictionary

I assume that anything is possible and we should never say never. After all, the only thing that stands in the way of the ovaries developing Sertoli Cells (testicular cells) is a tiny little gene called the FOXL-2. Likewise the DMRT-1 gene prevents female reprogramming of the testis. This is not only true in developing embryos, but in adult females and males as well. But to say that there could be a complete reprogramming of biological sex, seems a impossibility to me.

Let me put this way, the terms hermaphrodite is not use in medicine anymore for several reasons. The two most important are, one, the term is demeaning to intersex people born with certain disorders, like me. And two, there is no such thing as hermaphrodites in humans. At least not in the true meaning of the scientific term. In the old days there were two types of "hermaphrodites." The true hermaphrodite and the pseudo hermaphrodite. Neither is anything like people imagine it to be. In fact, true hermaphroditism has nothing to do with a one is and/or a vagina.

If hermaphroditism in its true scientific definition is an impossibility in humans, the likely that humans could morph sexes as adults, seems remotely, if not impossible, to me. I'm intrigued by this man's theories and would like to read his book. A friend was recently telling about a book that talk about how several tens of thousands of year ago there were no Y chromosomes. But you don't need a Y chromosome for an embryo to go down the male development path. She, just like many others, believe that all of us start as females. Which is nothing but a well known myth.

13. BianaGi

BianaGi Members

You are right, my people the Navajo had four genders. The first gender was Female, the second was Male, the third nádleehí, and and fourth dilbaa. But some tribes had no genders what so ever. Obviously there were biological females and males, but no gender standards.

Something else, it's only a matter of time before the world starts to recognize that there is more than just row sexes (females and males). Countries such a Australia and Germany have already recognized it and have introduced a new sex marker in their birth certificates and ID's. As an intersex person I would love to see that in every country. Because by recognizing that there are more than just two sexes, we'll be forced to redefine gender.

14. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So with this line of thinking my ovaries are going to fall out and my labia get really long?

15. BianaGi

BianaGi Members

That is interesting, it is my pet peeves too. The only problem is that you have it wrong. Sex is biological and gender is culturally learned. I can tell you that as a biologist with 10 years under my belt in the field of human sex development. I know it can be confusing for some. When I lecture nurses and doctors I have to correct many of them as well.

"The distinction between sex and gender is a concept that distinguishes sex, the biological makeup of an individual's reproductive anatomy, from gender, an individual's lifestyle often culturally learned." Wikipedia

"Sex refer to biological differences... while gender refers to cultural or social ones." Oxford English Dictionary

"Sex is in the sphere of biology, gender is in the field of linguistics based on social views." Dr. Lisa Quint

Just to give you an idea, in the old days when we talked about a person's sex, we used to use the term "Chromosomal Sex." Implying that biological sex in determined by chromosomes. As our knowledge expanded, we moved on to "Generic Sex," and now we are down to "Molecular Sex." We have never used gender to refer to a person's sexual phenotype. At least not as long as I've been involved in my field.

16. rambleON

rambleON Coup

my understanding is this

man in the general sense of the word is both made up of a male and a female together...if a man/male finds a good woman, vise versa, they can become one or one flesh, become man. Woman or Womb man, and the female man came from the flesh of man....

17. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

ha ppy n ew yea r

18. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

I am confused now

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

It will all be clear when the "sex changes for dummies" book comes out.

20. surgeongirl

surgeongirl Guest

[SIZE=9pt]These are brilliant and highly inspired thoughts. They resonate deeply with the deepest of creative impulses coming to man. The work of Rudolf Steiner and, oddly, Goethe, involve these kinds of spiritual pictures in the west.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]The time for the so-called 'separation of the sexes' is beginning to end. We see already the movement in transsexualism. This must be appreciated and understood in the present context of the language of sexual individualizing. If a boy does not feel like a boy our linguistic reality points to 'I must be a girl'. The time for the individual is maturing. We are still imprisoned in dualistic thinking...therefore it is not surprising that such polarity thinking arises. What about: 'let us support you in becoming YOU, and not necessarily the logical pole of thinking: 'then I must be a girl'.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]These are profound changes coming to us. Without a deep perspective we will be lost and condemned to this low-level logical thinking. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]These are brilliant and highly inspired thoughts. They resonate deeply with the deepest of creative impulses coming to man. The work of Rudolf Steiner and, oddly, Goethe, involve these kinds of spiritual pictures in the west.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]The time for the so-called 'separation of the sexes' is beginning to end. We see already the movement in transsexualism. This must be appreciated and understood in the present context of the language of sexual individualizing. If a boy does not feel like a boy our linguistic reality points to 'I must be a girl'. The time for the individual is maturing. We are still imprisoned in dualistic thinking...therefore it is not surprising that such polarity thinking arises. What about: 'let us support you in becoming YOU, and not necessarily the logical pole of thinking: 'then I must be a girl'.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]These are profound changes coming to us. Without a deep perspective we will be lost and condemned to this low-level logical thinking. [/SIZE]

1 person likes this.