Genetically Modified Food

Discussion in 'The Future' started by FinShaggy, Aug 20, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Are you kidding me?

Go to Wikipedia and look up "Monsanto" and it tells you all in black and white right there the various evils of Monsanto across time.
    It's not anyones job here to write you a research paper on it when all of the information is readily available.
    And I personally am not interested in arguing over GMO's when what "we" (most marchers in the U.S.) are asking for is mandatory labeling. No one's gonna argue with me that people don't deserve to KNOW what they are buying and eating.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What is the point of any protest?

Lets just ban them since they're pointless. Seeing how protests are essentially a way of expressing public opinion lets just ban personal opinions all together.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh, just saw this.. and yea, that's all we want in the U.S. (well, I can't speak for everyone.. I'm sure many people wouldn't mind if Monsanto just went away, lol)... but really what people here want is mandatory labeling.
    And there are powerful forces fighting that.

4. odonII

odonII O

It tells me a lot about the criticisms. Thankfully it tells me also about the other side of the coin, too. I'm not arguing with you about labeling.

5. odonII

odonII O

It seems to be weakening. The major issue being that labeling GM does not mean GM is bad per se. Which is what labeling seems to want to suggest.

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Personally I don't think GM food is a good thing.

But I am all for people making up their own minds and being able to make informed decisions on what they purchase and consume. It should not be as difficult as it is in this country (don't know how it is over there) to make sure you are eating GMO-free.

7. odonII

odonII O

Eat organic.

Seriously, I think (here) processed food is not and unprocessed is.

8. odonII

odonII O

:D Steady on. I just wondered what the point of this protest was.