British pap

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Insignia, Aug 9, 2013.

1. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Well,THAT'S exactly why I pull into a transport cafe,order a meal,then sit flicking through Sun/Mirror/Star/Lancet/Times/Razzle-whatever happens to be on the table.
    It's entertainment at it's most basic-and we know it. So what.
    Now tell me all tv is top quality.Or all new cars are excellent?
    How about all new clothes are superb quality? No. Some are crap.
    With papers,a couple make an effort,the rest make hamster-cage lining. meh.

2. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

Basic isnt the word.Fecking shite,comes to mind.

3. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

It's the popularity of these tabloids that continue to suprise me. But as puggybear mentioned before, it's just a bit of tat to flick through while you're grabbing a little break. I think of it as akin to a bit of gossip over the garden fence while you're having a cuppa. Probably only a small percentage of truth in it.

I guess it is a bit of a concern when they attempt to tackle the bigger issues, as they probably help make up the mind of a lot of people. But what does The Sun actually sell? 2 million a day maybe? All to the same people for the most part. And I'll take their opinion too with a little skepticism, pinch the crossword and move on!

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The Daily Mail is the one I dislike the most, because it tries to appeal to those who think reading the Sun is beneath them,and gives its readers the delusion that it is an intelligent paper. They say the same things, only dress it up to appeal to the middle class.

But the Sun is scum. No doubt about that.

5. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

Too right,Bill.The Mail is truly one awful newspaper.

6. Mockingbird85

Mockingbird85 Guest

The Mail is more disturbing because people think of it somewhere to find news, where as surely nobody reads the Sun with a view to getting an unbiased, intelligent news report? Any paper that still has page 3 has lost its credibility I think.

7. Maxxy

Maxxy Members

Well If we're in charge of the Sun I would keep Page 3. Just because I'd be scared to tell Nicola McLean She is out of a Job. She is strong.

8. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

DON'T BUY THE S*N