What do you think happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by bukkakeguy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Also, I never got quite that viscious in tongue with my mom before that day. I held back not with what I had to say....but the strangest thing happened afterwards, too. I felt a love for her I never felt before....so I know when you unload all the hurt, there is room to feel the love. Unfortuneately, I had no more time with her feeling this love.
    She also said..."i don't have to worry about you, anymore.,.."
    She worried about me for no reason. She never really knew me, or I her....I do now.

2. Coleco

Coleco Member

till you cease to have consciousness and no longer can have the thought of death nor have the ability to be terrified of it.

3. Coleco

Coleco Member

I feel like, losing someone close could be rather rough for a person like me. Seeing as from my point of view, when someone is gone they are gone. They wont be sending me messages in my dreams or giving me subtle signs.
    This is absolutely NOT trying to talk down anyone who feels they are getting signs from people they have lost in the past. This is just the way I view the world, and how it works, and because this is what I think, I probably wont cope with it all like most people who have some kind of spiritual or metaphysical way of looking at things.
    Its a rather brutal fate for me I feel. Watching the people I love around me die. While I live on, knowing that I will not see them again. It is... worse than dying myself to be honest. Of course.. sometimes I feel that having someone I love so far away that there is no interaction between us (lets say not even through internet maybe at least by snail mail) and knowing that they will be this far away for the rest of my life is almost worse then seeing them die. In other words, I would rather see a person I love die, than end up traveling out somewhere so far away that interaction with them will be so limited that I will barely know them anymore.

4. HamadaFOREVER

HamadaFOREVER Guest

5. HamadaFOREVER

HamadaFOREVER Guest

6. bukkakeguy

bukkakeguy Member

After some thought my best guess is that we carry on our journey into a higher dimension.
    I don't buy the idea that our deceased loved ones are waiting for us on the other side of some shining light, not all of us have dearly departed loved ones, what if you're an 18month old baby bludgeoned to death by your parent cos you wouldn't stop crying?
    I've enjoyed watching the Christopher Hitchens videos on YouTube these past few years too, fascinating how eloquently he condemns religions and rightly so.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

When you Die You Die Thats it !

8. bukkakeguy

bukkakeguy Member

Mmmm you seem pretty absolute in your answer... that kinda makes me go...mmmm nope.

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Tell you What mate If I am wrong I will come back and tell ya !

2 people like this.
  10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

You slip into a different dimension.
    Making it impossible to tell anyone in this dimension.

2 people like this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think there are a whole bunch of different possibilities.
    i think you sort of fade out at furst, as the body falls away and looses function.
    you might not experience anything else until you find yourself being born in some strange form (but one of the usual ways) on some strange planet to some strange parents,
    or again, you might experience some totally other kind of existence from what we call life in between.
    whatever does, i don't expect to be any more eternal then the lives we live now.
    just a life and a life and a life, beginning and ending and beginning again.
    and the time between lives much longer then the lives we live here,
    but passing without existence, goes by unexperienced, and so does so in zero subjective time, or near it.
    another possibility i've been told to expect as likely is returning to a universal sea of consciousness,
    as one drop in and contiguous with, the rest of that ocean.
    as if our true selves were like a liquid in a bottle, and when the bottle is gone, the liquid returns to the sea.
    again not ruling out that another bottle for us forms again eventually at some odd random time and place in the universe/multiverse.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

2 paragraphs to say "reincarnation"

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in a manor of speaking, not quite what most people i'm aware of, would conjure from the term.

no coming back as another life form on the same world, or as a less sapient one.
    but a birth like any birth, each life on a world, a planet circling another sun, unimagined, in any previous one.

subjectively the experience might or might not be immediate, because no awareness no awareness of the passage of time,
    while in the physical universe, billions and billions as they say, might have passed.

unless of course, there is awareness without form, 'between'.

i would like that to be an endless mountainous forest.
    a water drop returning to an ocean i have heard it called.

the physical universe doesn't pay a lot of attention to what we believe
    the nonphysical might be a lot different
    though still as much different from commonly held beliefs

14. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

When we die, we rot. Maggots get to feed. People mourn. Life goes on.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

those are the certainties. the uncertainties give rise to poets and religions.

i still like to believe its more accurate to say our bodies die. we do not KNOW that we cannot have existence independent of physical form and life as we know it.

by that i don't mean any one belief, they are after all speculative, all of them, has any idea what its talking about, or any one more then any other.

but in a universe of infinite possibilities, the totality of existence being physical, is only one among that infinite, and therefor, no more inevitable, then one to infinity against it so being.

16. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

What if hill is too steep? What if you only go to heaven if you can spell 4 letter words?

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe i would prefer hell to oblivion. any place i get to design myself would be paradise to me. any place i had to be around anyone all of the time, would not.
    any possibility we consider, is of course one out of infinity, and thus infinity to one against.

18. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

This is what the Bible says

“His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; on that very day his thoughts perish.”

Psalm 146:4

“The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all . . . Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.”

Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10

“[Jesus] added: ‘Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.’ Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly: ‘Lazarus has died.’”

John 11:11, 13, 14

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not, afraid of dying and I, don't really caaaare :punk:

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You continue to exist. It could be thought of as "heaven" but it's not the Christian idea of it. There are not all their rules attached to it. And it's certainly not as easy to not go there as they say. You can be reincarnated if you wish or you can stay there. It depends on how you feel you lived your life. Maybe you need to learn something, maybe you don't.

There is a "hell" too but usualy you choose to be there. A lot of the people we would think of as truly evil wish to be there. They do not like the light of heaven and are unwilling to do what must be done to be there. They are happy away from it. Many negative energies and spirits will reincarnate on the earth for the purpose of pain and chaos. They don't want to grow they want to stop your growth.