Tattoos

Discussion in 'Hip Photos' started by *MAMA*, Jul 17, 2013.

1. sojourner777

sojourner777 Member

[​IMG]

Got it 27 years ago while in the Marines. I've been looking to get more ink work, but never got around to it. I may just change my mind now!

2. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

The rest of my sleeve is getting started tomorrow! Makes me excited to take pics :D

3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

That's actually held up really well for being 27 years old!

4. *MAMA*

Yes, moar pics!

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

It wasn't very easy to take this pic lol

EDIT: and its upside down. Lemme see if I can do better

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Lets try again

Edit: lol I traded upside down for sideways. Oh well, you get the picture

7. sojourner777

sojourner777 Member

I may get it either re-done or covered with a bigger tattoo. Not sure which.

8. *MAMA*

That's pretty sweet looking!

I would get it redone. But I only believe in covering tattoos of they hold some sort of bad energy for you.

9. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

That's cute!
    I'm sorry about your friend and thanks for the explanation of the sugar skulls, I haven't heard of them before.

10. *MAMA*

Thanks! And yeah, she was an extraordinary human being. It's hard to find those anymore.

11. FRUITACO

FRUITACO Member

[​IMG][​IMG] For my daughters (Avalon & Autumn)

12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

this is my sisters new tattoo she still has about 7 more hours left of it to go. it goes all the way down her side. I don't think it's very lady like not saying I don't like it but it's so damn big I thought there were going to be more colors in it. she sat at the tattoo place for 6 hours while they did her ribs and she didn't complain once

[​IMG]

13. Shale

Shale ~

I've got about a dozen tats now, starting in 2001 with a memorial Butterfly tat for my late wife.

Here is my second tat of that year, my own design of a Scorpion

[​IMG]

In 2008 I got a Peace Symbol and 2009 got the Om tat

[​IMG]

Here is the original Butterfly tat after adding one for my late partner Jim and then a Mobius to my memorial arm.

[​IMG]

In 2005 I broke my left leg and had a carpenter put in a metal plate with 12 screws. I had a tat of the broken bone put over the scar.

(the foot on the other leg is just a boredom tat - nothing better to do that day)

[​IMG]

14. Shale

Shale ~

My most recent tats are designs I made of places that have influenced my life. Raised in St. Louis then settled for years in New Orleans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then there is Florida. I have been in and out of here since the '70s both SoFlo and Gainesville.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. almasty1891

almasty1891 Members

Tatto work is so sexy and exotic...You have them is sexy places. Must look good as a 3D canvas in person.

Damn and you had to mention restraints!?! Love to see whos lips left that on your shoulder

16. Shale

Shale ~

I DID IT AGAIN!

My Latest Tat

[​IMG]

This is the centerpiece of growing ink on my back that will eventually include My First Car (1957 Chevy) and My First Motorcycle (Honda CB-450)

I added some script to this one that doesn't really show in the tat pic. My first plane flight on July 4, 1964 was in a DC-3, a beautiful Deco era plane, that took me from St. Louis to Chicago to catch a Boeing 707 to Europe. But, it happens a military version of this plane, C-47 was also the last plane flight of my namesake Uncle Bob who crashed in Hawaii in 1952.

This was the largest tat to date and the most uncomfortable to get. Nervs on the back are pretty sensitive. I have more appreciation of the ordeal these heavily inked ppl go thru to decorate their bods.

Attached Files:

17. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

18. Shale

Shale ~

I just linked some missing tat pix that were on Phucking Photobucket who closed my account because I challenged their calling a man in a G-string, on a public sidewalk at Pride Miami Beach "nude." I actually accused their mods of being outsourced to Pakistan and poof, no more fucking Shale fotobucket.

So, now my stuff is posted on Imgur.

So, here are some new ones for this thread, my Atlantic and Pacific Anchor tats when crossing those oceans by ship. (Only went as far as Hawaii, but 10 days on a ship in the Pacific qualifies for me) The Atlantic tat I got in Barcelona.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]