Do you trust the Media?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by PhotoDude, Jul 7, 2013.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I continually calibrate my senses to this standard metric,

reality supports it's constituents.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

the United states is becoming such a police state ... so many laws and regulations. but you have to have so many lawyers just to get through the red tape to even know what is legal or not, or know from experience the way they will be enforced or not.

also a totalitarian power state. out leaders no longer serve the people, they lie to us to get our votes so they can gain more and more power over us.

3. DoubleZero00

DoubleZero00 Members

Nope, it's all about the money or what we want to hear.

1 person likes this.
  4. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

No, I do not.

1 person likes this.
  5. NISKUNUDIST

NISKUNUDIST Member

Do I trust the Media? Not at all ! I was subscribing to the Edmonton Sun (Alberta). But the other day I was banned from posting comments on Sun/Disqus . I must have 'pissed on someones cornflakes'. The only thing i can think of as why I got banned was a comment I made about the Alberta/Norway thing and Oil Royalties

Norway- $930 Billion in North Sea oil savings account. Slightly higher population with slightly lower oil production than Alberta.
    Alberta- $19 Billion in oil savings account.

WHAM! Banned from posting comments! Meanwhile all the SUB IQ Rednecks and Bigots continue to post useless comments in the Sun.

1 person likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that's about the size of it. the excuse they claim now, is that they don't claim to be honest news, that they're only being a form of entertainment.
    of course they're not honest enough to put up a big warning label, proclaiming up front to be "for entertainment (enter-ganda?) purposes only".

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

believe it or not, people do test smarter when not exposed to the misinformation that is called news. the only thing we are gaining by the entertainment value of being disinformed, are anxieites. and if anything, prevented from being able to right wrongs, becuase of our being deliberately kept ignorant about them.

as others have mentioned, if you want real news, there's pacifica, democracy now, non-corporate bloggers, and our own eyes and ears. television is for entertainment, if you even find it entertaining, which i don't. not for some elitest fantasy reason, but because i have my own interests, which it seldom mentions other then negatively, and even more seldom, ever mentions at all.

the corporatocracy doesn't want people to think, that we are actually able, TO think. because if we thought that, we might actually start doing so. and if we did that, it might not be as easy for them to keep their hands in our pockets.

1 person likes this.
  8. tonydoe420

tonydoe420 Banned

not all of them no. why because most of them are propaganda channels owned by corporations. in which they just feed and breed fear and hatred.

9. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

to people who say they dont trust any form of media, i would ask: how do you know what is happening around you, and around the world?

its not smart to just dismiss all media. i know theres a bunch of conspiracy nuts that always point the finger to the fbi/cia and for some reason its always an inside job, by the corporate fat cats to somehow dupe all us sheeple, right? but with this kind of thinking, you have to assume that everyone in the media/cia is unethical, and paid off by big corporations etc, etc.

i say no! i choose to believe that there are some ethical and patriotic people out there. maybe they are not the majority, maybe they might be a rare few, but i believe they are out there.

also, i belive there is always something you can learn from the news, even fox news. if anything, you can learn about the republican spin on things and you can compare and contrast with other sources.

10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

George Stephanopolis of ABC news gave a $75,000.00 donation to his ex-boss and the Clinton Foundation.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh sure. Especially Fox news. Because they report and then they let ME --you know--decide. I appreciate that.

And I was so glad I was informed by ALL media about the DANGERS --OF MEASLES. Musta' been 20 or 30 people got it nationwide. ooooooo--scary.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do you get CNN? It is pretty good....

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the simple and honest answer to that is that we don't. even with them. so the point is kind of moot.

you what to see what's there somewhere, go to google satilite and zoom in on it. the view might be up to three of four yeas old, or even five in some places.

that won't tell you what people are doing, but at least you can see what they have built.

the thing about avoiding corporate media, is that you avoid this illusion that you know things, that you really don't.

so yah sure, maybe you don't know the same bullshit they're telling everyone else.
    but then you're able to realize you don't, and just how much bullshit what people think they know, based on it, there really is.

people are people, and when they tell you people have done things you're unlikely to want to do yourself,
    you can safely bet, you're being told, a very slanted, and even more thoroughly incomplete picture of the story.

and this is so consistently the case, you could spend your whole life trying to sort out what is likely to have really gone on.
    and while you're too busy doing that, to even notice, real life is going on, all around you, right where you are.

14. smoothntan

smoothntan Banned

In the never ceasing covert war against White , Christians , the media has been weaponized since WW1.

15. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Trusting the media is like inserting your dick in a pencil sharpener and giving it a few cranks.

2 people like this.
  16. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lap Dog Media. Pom-pom journalism.

do we want our personal bias confirmed or challenged?

17. DharmaForOne

DharmaForOne Members

Critical thinking is key when it comes to news

18. Chrysalis2027

Chrysalis2027 Members

You have to look for true stories - I loved it once when George Stephanopolus asked Bush a question. Bush answered and Stephanopolous said that ABC news was reporting it after Bush refuted his question. Bush said, Just because ABC is reporting it doesn't mean its true." lol

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ Just because Bush said something doesn't mean it's true either.

20. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Let me chime in with how my brilliant mind reads the situation.

Almost all the factual information you hear on mainstream media is accurate enough that it cannot be obviously disproven. The trick is, to understand that what they do NOT cover is just as important as what they do cover. So if you have the time to check out all the available sources, Al Jazeera, RT, CSPAN, FOXnews, you can get a rough idea of what the world actually looks like.

It's also important to recognize areas that are completely immune to transparency, such as the Federal Reserve. It's a privately owned institution, held by stockholders. We all know it's privately owned by now, but no one is capable of deciphering the actual owners. There's a small group of people that control the currency creation of the United States, and no one is allowed to know who they are. That's pretty fucked up, and deserves more attention.

2 people like this.
  21. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Everytime I see this thread title in the list I say out loud "FUCK THE MEDIA" (hehehe)

1 person likes this.