234 replies to this topic

#31 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,741 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:36 AM

Sure , islamification is being at least ignored if not appeased by the media and DC as well.

It is appeased? By american media? Can anyone confirm that :P 'At least being ignored' is something pretty different than 'cheering for' the islamification of the west though. Clit removal is appeased by western media? Really? Can you give an example.

Posted Image

#32 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

; ; ; P

• PipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • Locationwouldn't beleive me if I told ya

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:49 AM

Everyone has to rely on at least a few sources to stay informed in one way or another...

That said, I bet most users here who said no, actually trust the media in one way or another. It's is disgusting how many people believe Zero Dark Thirty tells a true story. Or inconvenient truth for that matter.

#33 laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha

Relax and have fun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 10:10 AM

Just remembered todays incidence

Morning 7.30 AM, on my way to work,I am reading RSS news feed on my mobile

BBC Reports- China is on Growth Track-Official PMI grew from 50.1 (June) to 50.3 in July. This feed is at 6.22 AM

Next Feed from BBC at 7.05 AM says, China is showing Mixed growth trends, though there is growth, is it selective in certain sectors but manufacturing activity has slowed down a bit. Nonetheless, there is no need to worry.

The feed from Reuters at 7.20 AM says- China HSBC PMI dips 11 month low in July and factory activity shrank for 3rd month in a row, signalling persistent pressure.

------
Now, what do I conclude?
6.22 AM- I read China is doing good,
7.05 AM - I read, its not so good
7.20 AM- I read, it is bad. In fact, worst in 11 months

And then you want me to believe in Media?

NO WAY . Rather than reporting facts, they are more interested in influencing our opinions
  • treeman12 likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 11:04 AM

MSG 31 ! Certainly, clit removal and other muslim attrocities are just not reported. Why is the Fort Hood hatefest merely labeled "workplace violence"? Yes, appeasement. Perhaps by this year's ramadan "bomb-a-thon" you will have come to your senses.

#35 FreedomSought

FreedomSought

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted August 05 2013 - 02:41 PM

Well, I trust the news that's on the TV for the actual events. For example I didn't think that Fox lied about the Boston bombing. But the news world happens so fast, and is run by such frantic and overworked people that maybe those pictures of the possible bombers were just some random dude on the street blown all out of proportion. I like to think I know what to trust and what to dismiss.

News sources for the most part are just another form of Entertainment. When they use real cities like New York, and talk about something that's reasonable to occur, it definitely stresses me out. So I don't watch it much.

Sometimes my Gma has it on in the morning. There's a lot of news about car accidents recently. I believe that the car accident really happened. But then a bystander will come on and say something like "It looked intentional because... The driver got out of the car so quickly" and that's the part that leaves me disturbed and questioning. However I also know 10,000 people are watching it and they believe what the bystander says and go about their day as if its true. So it may as well be true.

#36 Ulver56

Ulver56

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted August 12 2013 - 06:22 PM

Depends what media it is if you're talking about the MSM. No I don't there just propaganda systems. But I am trusting some of the independent media like Russia today.

#37 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,741 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 05:13 AM

Can you give an example of russian independant media?

Posted Image

#38 Dude111

Dude111

An Awesome Dude

• PipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 09:00 AM

No.

Question everything.

Excellent....... Its good you are awake :)

#39 childofdelight

childofdelight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 08:12 PM

Excellent....... Its good you are awake :)

Question authority. Think for yourself.
Always be true to yourself: follow your heart, and you shall never be lead astray. :peace:

#40 stormountainman

stormountainman

Soy Un Truckero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationThe High Country

Posted August 22 2013 - 08:51 AM

In the 91 and 01 Iraq wars, the media twisted the news, withheld the news, and mis-reported the news.

#41 LeafyIsHere

LeafyIsHere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Locationthe moon

Posted November 12 2013 - 10:38 AM

not really as my dad says "today's newspaper is tomorrows chip paper" And most of the stuff is lies British newspapers for example come up with rubbish headlines about celebrities just to sell papers

#42 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:09 AM

I only trust unbiased sources like fox news and msnbc

#43 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:26 AM

Me too!!

#44 odonII

odonII

O

• PipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:27 AM

I only trust unbiased sources like fox news and msnbc

It's not surprising you don't trust the more right wing news sources

Posted Image

#45 granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'll put it this way ... I trust the news media more than I trust those silly chain emails that so many people believe in, and more than random goofballs on YouTube, and more than the conspiracy freaks on this site.

#46 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:30 PM

I was joking. Fox news is blatantly conservative and msnbc is blatantly liberal. I don't 100% trust any news source but pbs reuters and bbc seem better than the two I mentioned before

#47 Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy

Zen & Bearded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 05:23 AM

I know better than to do that man
:peace: “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#48 parris001

parris001

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 17 2013 - 07:53 AM

Anyone that reports the news is going to put their slant on it. Whether they intend to or not. The late Walter Cronkite was a leftie, BUT, he was a professional and did a real good job of not interjecting his own political philosophy into his news reporting. Well, later he slid and it became apparent he had a bias. But for the greatest part of his career he was very professional in his approach.

#49 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationWyth in the Shaw = Manchester - England

Posted November 17 2013 - 08:17 AM

Love to hear your reasons.

Love to say YES,
Many good and Important stories have been brought to the attention of the World - with Good investigatory journalism
History says NO, Many Good relevant stories have been 'dumbed down, many questions left unanswered, and added to
Media Marketing days says HELL NO - when the choice of Headline goes along the lies, sorry lines of Sensationalism in order to ensure a degree of profitability, then it is authenticity which then becomes the story
"Question Everything"? - Now that is something I can agree upon
:)

"And in the End, the Love You Take, is Equal to the Love, You Make"

< Peace + Love . Protest + Protect . Save the Planet > 

#50 paul59539

paul59539

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 08:20 PM

There are some independent media organizations and journalists do an excellent job of examining issues or events of importance to many of us. But there are few as well that might questions their credibility, thus whether we can trust mainstream media overall.

#51 odonII

odonII

O

• PipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 08:39 PM

There are some independent media organizations and journalists do an excellent job of examining issues or events of importance to many of us.

e.g's?

#52 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,393 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 30 2013 - 03:11 PM

I used to...but now i see old news people getting appointed into cushy senate jobs in my country and it makes me wonder what has gone on in the past...what were they promised..what kind of deals were made

#53 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted December 01 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yes, I trust the media . . . unless they lie.

#54 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted December 01 2013 - 04:30 PM

OK, I've just considered the ratio of truth to lies when it comes to the media, and I guess I don't trust it.

#55 LornaDoom

LornaDoom

• PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted December 02 2013 - 10:34 AM

I dont believe anything in the media, it all has an underlying agenda

#56 Piney

Piney

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted December 02 2013 - 02:08 PM

I do not need media to sell me on any politicians.

Its fine for say Rolling Stone Magaizine to do a promo-puff piece on an entertainer.

I would wish for media to ask questions.

#57 stormountainman

stormountainman

Soy Un Truckero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationThe High Country

Posted December 02 2013 - 05:05 PM

Corporate owned media has its own agenda, just like government owned media. The best sources are like the ones that are public owned and operate off donations and memberships from the people. In America, corporate news is Infotainment, not journalism.

#58 fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted December 03 2013 - 10:26 AM

I trust some sources... I definitely think the mainstream ones are more reliable than the 'underground' bullshit like Alex Jones and the people who think vaccines are poison and the US is planning on bombing its own citizens. Still, I'm aware the mainstream sources bring their own slant to things. I trust wikileaks for sure... it's too boring to be fake.

The Canadian news channels are mostly good... I'm aware that the CBC leans left and the private news sources are probably closer to the middle/right, so I think they provide a good contrast. The only one I would never trust is Sun News... and anyone who trusts Fox News in the US is probably an idiot.

#59 Gypsy Liveaboard

Gypsy Liveaboard

Driftwood

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationLiveaboard, SoCal

Posted December 03 2013 - 04:42 PM

hell no. question everything. i refuse to own a tv, anything i want to watch i can download or watch on youtube. remember, tv programming is what Big Brother chooses for you to watch.... I prefer Discovery, Animal Planet, History Channel, BBC, PBS, and Al Jazeera

boat cat

#60 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,741 posts

Posted December 04 2013 - 07:29 AM

So those channels aren't subject to such kind of programming?

Also, tv just works with a program because that's how it used to work. Newer tv's gives you the option to only watch what you want at whatever time. I don't think you're supposed to watch the whole programming :p (but you are free to :D)

Posted Image

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop