Your First Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by PhotoDude, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I dont have any and DONT WANT ANY!!!! -- I think they are ugly and a sign of evil........

2. Laci

Laci Members

Just got my first two done tonight- I'm 16.

First, I got yin and yang on my inner arm. The white side has black triangle sun rays to represent the beauty of the sun during the good times, and then the black side has stars to represent that in the night, the dark times, there are stars and beauty. It's by no means the technically perfect tattoo, but my best friend who is working on his apprenticeship did it for me and is using it in his portfolio. Not the most beautiful tattoo to everyone else, but it's perfect to me :)
    Next, I got my dog's paw print on my upper thigh. It's the ink blot thing the cremators did of his paw when he died. I'll post pictures in a few hours when I go to clean them :)

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Got mine in '57. A skull with a beret on, smoking' a cig. Still has the original, bright color. Cost me FIVE BUCKS!!

The one on my left is a little Sally --with an underline and a single flower for a Sally I was with in '69. The weirdness= Ended up with a Sally in '97 that lasted 17 years, until she passed last June.

4. PaullyNormous

PaullyNormous Members

My first tat was my Hatchetman on my forearm. Home made gun and India ink.

5. BrokenSafetyPin

BrokenSafetyPin Members

My first tattoo, I got on my 18th birthday of a Triquatra on my right shoulder blade.

6. bassandstuff

bassandstuff Members

My first tattoo was back in 2007 (when I was 18), got the lightning bolt from AC/DC's logo tattooed on the side of my right wrist. I plan on getting it touched up one day.

7. Hellir

Hellir Members

I saw a friends tatto. Really well done. Good lines, perfect coloring. Thought to myself that I finally should get one of my own (not a scull) since I´ve had piercings in most parts of my body. We headed to the same guy that made my friends tattoo. I saw several pics if the work he had done before and I was impressed.

Decided to have one in my ear. Something similar to this.
    [​IMG]

And so we begun.
    And the result? absolutely horrible. I didn´t have to pay for it at least.
    First I thought to myself: should I get it removed with lazer?
    But nah. It stays. It´s a part of my history and I´ve made both bad och good decisions in my life.

8. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

is that a tattoo on your ear,Hellir??why you think it's horrible?I think it looks O.K..
    or the pic you put on here???is not YOUR ear tatttoo???or what?
    why did you decide to have a tattoo on your ear?
    about lazer===in my tattoo shop lots of people come for lazering a tattoo away...
    do not go for it==it's bloody expensive...and the result..well...i don't know...
    I would never consider lazering...well..I got my eyes lazered...that's enough shit for me..

9. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

A celtic knot on my left shoulder blade was my first tattoo. I was a competetive Irish dancer for many years and it's the same knot I had on the pin I wore with my dress to keep the sash up. An old boyfriend gave me a necklace with the same knot on it that I ended up wearing every day for a long time. The artist scanned the necklace and made the design from that, so it isn't perfectly even on all sides, but i love it lIke that. The artist also asked me if he could do the tattoo by filling in the negative space instead of just doing lines. I liked the idea so I went for it. I'm glad I did, it looks unique instead of like every other celtic knot tattoo.

10. Hellir

Hellir Members

Nah that is just a pic to show what it was supposed to look like and where it was placed. Mine is horrible haha. But I don´t mind. It brings smiles. I look at it sometimes and giggles when I think about the fail. Life is too short to take seriously =)

2 people like this.
  11. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

maybe true what you say,Hellir...but if you focus too much on your tattoo not being so good or beautiful it can become an issue specially if others comment on it..
    anyway...a first tattoo is never the last one... :bulb: nothing is horrible in life if you don't see it horrible...thanks for posting so openhearted...Tiger
    P.S..I got a lotusflower tattoo on my right upper arm..I see it beautiful...but.I think it's too big...my tattoo artist disagrees.. :bandana: