Ex boyfriend name tattoo

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 29, 2013.

1. wobs

wobs Senior Member

girls please calm down , i hate people arguing!

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I seem to be calm now.

3. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'd like to say it wouldn't bother me but if we got serious I sure it would.

4. RainyDayHype

do you think it's just bothersome because it's a name?
    I actually dated someone who had a comic book type drawing of his ex girlfriend on himself. I thought it was sweet so I wouldn't say I was bothered by it nor did I expect him to remove it.
    I guess I'd like to know if the people that find the name offensive would also find a drawing or maybe even some lyrics from a poem that represented the persons ex, offensive?
    I also have two hearts on my shoulder that were drawn by another person I've dated (was in love with at the time), would you find those offensive?

5. wobs

wobs Senior Member

i personally would not like past lovers names on my girlfriend body,there again it would depend how close we got, the two hearts would not bother me as long as there were no names on them

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Offensive isn't the right word here, but

Drawing - yes
    Hearts/poem - no

7. RainyDayHype

lol @1:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hE3rZoyvOw"]"I wasn't planning on cutting the vato" Bubble Boy - YouTube

8. picklesdosing

picklesdosing Banned

9. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I think you would have been better off getting cat or only dating guys named oliver. Crossing it out only makes it look worse.

Then again just say you're gangsta like that.

10. RainyDayHype

ha ha ha....opposite side of his name is actually my cat's name, Theo....no joke

11. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Lol. Oh you know what, just say it was a cat that pissed you off and you crossed him out.

12. noela

noela Members

If this ever happened to me, without a doubt I would get a better... and much more amazing and attractive tattoo covered over my exes name. ;)

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It might bother some people. It depends on you and them, your connection and chemistry.

I would get it covered, but if you feel that it is an important part of your history and identity, than leave it be. The right person will understand.

14. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I'm obviously in the minority here, but that wouldn't bother me at all. To me, tattoos represent a time in my life. They tell a story. I'm not trying to rewrite anyone's story.

15. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

I dated a guy with his ex's name on his wrist, it bothered me at first but then I though, hey, fuck it, he is with me now so who cares.

16. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

I personally would never get a tattoo of a persons name that wasn't my child.

17. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Have a kid. Call it Oliver.

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

It would bug me because of this. Sounds like you would still want to spend the rest of your life with him if you had the chance.

Honestly, I know it shouldn't bug me, but it would.

19. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I probably wouldn't cover it up until it became a problem in a new relationship. You can't let your future be destroyed by your past. If you get really serious with a new guy and he has a problem with it then you need to decide how you feel about it then.

Some of you may call me stupid but soon I'm getting my wedding date tattooed on my ring finger under my wedding ring. I've always been against getting SO's names tattooed. I would never get his name but recently I've been warming up to the wedding date. I'm getting it small enough to be covered with my ring. I guess, god forbid, if something happens down the line I'll cross that bridge when I get there. He doesn't know that I'm going to do it but I'm going to ask him before I go if he's totally into this marriage thing. haha. We've been together more than half our lives. I'd hope he's into it.

20. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I just ran across this online and thought of this thread
    [​IMG]