Yet more sexist advertising... this by by Acora

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by mrssarahhall, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I really don't see the point in getting offended by this advertisement. I guess the point was that most men don't find overweight women attractive. I don't know what they were advertising for, but let's face facts, most men don't find overweight women attractive. Sorry, that's just the way it is, and it's okay to make jokes about that. Is this advertisement sexist? Maybe, but who the hell cares? Since when has a mild display of sexism in an advertisement been "horrific" as the OP described in one of her posts? I don't think you know what the word "horrific" means. Distasteful, unpleasant, offensive... those are all words that could be used to describe something like this. Horrific on the other hand? Let's keep that one in reserve for something that's actually horrific. Some people really need to lighten up. It's not a big deal. It's a stupid, unfunny joke, but there's no reason to throw a fit over it.

2. wobs

wobs Senior Member

victoria i totally agree with you,but what about the mid sized crap hole

3. kurona

kurona Member

I dont think its against women, its against morbidly obese women...

Given the choice of getting a sensual massage, which I think is implied here, I would like to get it from a physically desirable female/male (by my own personal taste). And we Do have an obesity problem in the US...

4. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

/facepalm

Welcome to Hip.
    Suggested reading before you post again
    https://bookofbadarguments.com/?view=allpages

5. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

AHAHAHAHA! You ladies missed the joke.

The Botticelli babe is giving the balding man a dirty and disappointed look because his back has more to offer than his front. The hand on the head shows that he's got no clue how to please a real woman.

It's sexist all right, but it's the woman who needed to outsource, that's why she looks so unhappy. When all your husband has time for is the gym, he looks nice but lacks the time for it to count for much.