3 Days in the Woods, No Human Contact.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by PhotoDude, Jun 15, 2013.

1. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

word

2. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Do you think food grows on trees?
    It does! And on bushes and in the grass and in the water and under ground.
    But if you need a little help, just hike off the Appalachian Trail a few miles into one of those little mountain towns and find you a home-cookin' place!

Scarf down some beans and mashed potatoes with gravy, corn bread, biscuits, cabbages, sweet corn, banana pudding and apples and a big glass of ice tea.

Sleep it off in a hostel or rented cabin and head back to the trail the next morning.

3. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Exactly lol

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

food does indeed grow on trees..I like bananas, I always look at it like, why does this plant make this?

5. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I like peaches and pears. My aunt has a basset hound named peaches, she also has a pear tree, and the dog eats the fallen pears lol

6. AceK

I like the peach and pear nectar drinks from the supermarket...it's a spanish brand and really good, they have a Banana-strawberry one too. and they're like 68 some odd cents apeice so thats good

7. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I am tempted on planting my entire front yard with bushes and fruits and flowers so have my own little eden and don't need to mow that huge ass side lawn

8. AceK

do it, i tried to grow pepper plants under lights but they flower but the flowers fall off and don't make peppers, i've tried manually polllinating them too but i think they have some type of pest..stilll nice to have some live plants, i love live plants

9. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

ikr I saw this one house in the hood, but hippies lived there, they had a sign that said plant power and had flowers and fruit trees and bushes all in the yard, wish I could of snapped a pic

10. AceK

hehe, plants are like a prerequisite for human life

11. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

dumb gang bangers in the city say fuck farms im like where you think your food comes from XD

12. AceK

you gotta have all of it for humanity to work..the world is yours and everything in it...

13. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

well not everything...I don't own the houses..or the farms...pretty sure itd be stealing if I just picked one of the corn ears at the edge of the field , lol homeless people get caught all the time stealin corn and beans around here

14. falconer

falconer Member

Jumex? That's the brand at my local mexican grocer. I love the mango nectar!

15. falconer

falconer Member

Hell yeah, dude. I garden out my yard every year. If mowing your lawn is as much a pain invthe ass for you, as it is for me, then i advise you to get your lawn pulled up and resod with a ground clover. I havent done it, but a neighbor of mine has. He never has to mow, and the lawn is always soft.

16. AceK

Yes, I believe that is what it's called, sound right. And the mango one is good, they all are.

17. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

There's an old Bible principle about not harvesting everything in your fields. You were supposed to leave some for the poor to glean. Food pantries and community gardens are the modern equivalent. It is wrong to hoard all you grow. Share!