3 Days in the Woods, No Human Contact.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by PhotoDude, Jun 15, 2013.

1. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

I've got this buddy who every June goes on a 3 day camping trip by himself in the forest to find himself. Anyone here do the same?

2. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

i've dreamt of it. I don't know of anywhere around here secluded enough to go three full days without seeing anyone

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I've spent a week without 'human contact' = at Home (on leave from work, plenty of food in and no PC) - But I have to say "a 3 day break, away from Modern society is a temptation - I guess I need the stimulation to do so = Envy . com

4. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

People around here go hiking for a day to have some space.

They meet people on the way, but since all they say to each other is a 'Hi', this doesn't really count as having company.

5. crazytalk

crazytalk Member

3 days isn't much. Good, if it's enough for him.

6. MonongahelaNymph

MonongahelaNymph Guest

I went into the wilderness of the Monongahela alone for six weeks. There was one period of two and a half weeks in which I didn't see another person. It was a life changing trip for me and I long to do it again, as soon as I can manage to extricate myself from work/responsibilities.

I would recommend it to anyone! Meditation was my purpose, but if that isn't your interest, it could be simply to connect with nature.

7. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

I spend 6 months on the AP Trail and had days at a time I didn't see anyone.

It was the best time of my life.

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

it was crowded for the most part when i went but i bet you could stealth camp for years at a time

9. Leila_xo

Leila_xo Member

MY GUY DOES THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOSH GOSH! he goes to the woods all by himself no human contact no girlfriend no girls no men NO ONE!

He does it because his sexual drive gets too much and he needs to realease it someway. basically hes a muslim so he cant have sex before marriage and it kinda helps him.

it sucks for me though because i have to wait 3 weeks for him and i get so lonely and depressed and shit :(

10. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

i'll go camping for 2 - 3 nights frequently, if I had a cabin somewhere i'd go for much longer

11. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

3 days, no contact? Dude, that's nothing! Try 2 months instead.

12. Lifter

Lifter Guest

Leave all your friends, and try solitude, for an amount of time. Even <days>, even weeks.

13. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

ive been looking to do something like that. except on the northern country trail. ne tips? im lookin to go on an adeventure

14. TheBeesGees

TheBeesGees Guest

i would be eating shrooms during this no contact.

15. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I have to finally do this

16. falconer

falconer Member

I try to get a few days in every year. I pulled off 2 weeks when i was a 15 year old runaway.

17. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

I've been backpacking in a wilderness in Colorado and didn't see people outside my family for 3 days. We got above timberline and the air does get a little thin toward 11,000 feet, but if you want to find yourself or lose yourself, you can sure do it there.

Been in wilderness area on Cumberland Island in the hottest part of summer. Had the campground all to myself and only saw people on the main trails. Beach was totally vacant so no need for clothes that day. Just peel off and swim! Lots of gaters, wild hogs, deer, horses roaming the woods and meadows. Millions of frogs in the ponds.

Appalachian Trail... solitude on many miles of trail, but often very sociable at trail heads and trail shelters.

Do what it takes to erase the tapes, peel off the labels that society gave you. This is how you can remember you you are, when the fake stuff is walked out of you, washed out of you. You figure out what is important in life, forget the rest.

18. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I'd love to do that someday...I just think I'd go insane from boredom. I'm too used to always having something to do on the internet or someone to talk to.

It'd be an interesting challenge. Maybe I could actually get some writing done.

19. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I plan on going on 1 week excursions into the woods for meditation and to practice survival skills. But still close enough if something happens i know where to get food.

20. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Being in the wilderness is an emotional roller coaster ride.
    You can be bored at times, sometimes uncomfortable, I admit. But I have seen things so profoundly beautiful, moments of awe, mellow forests dappled with yellow sunlight and songbirds, run wild naked on a palm-lined beach, topped out on mountains where you can see 50 miles in every direction. Finding patches of delicious berries and fruits to feast on just when you swear you would never eat another boring camp meal again. Encounters with wild animals, some cute, some scary. Finding some place so remote you would swear it was still the Stone Age and the modern world just a bad dream. I have never felt more alive than in the wild.
    Bring a friend and share laughs and get closer than you ever would back in the city.

Yeah, take something to write on and a couple of pens. You won't regret it.