• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 RubyS0h0

RubyS0h0

Organized Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 02:30 PM

Personally, for me, I wouldn't get a white tattoo. Most tattoo artists would tell you the same thing. Like Mama and Shale said...they fade so fast. I just don't see the point. I think they look cool when they are first done but you have to enjoy it fast before its gone. If I'm going to pay for and go through the process of a tattoo I want it to last.

This is like a dream come true... Rollin and ruby back in chat together! Better than the spice girls reunion~Asfandyar13

#82 katkin

katkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted April 24 2014 - 07:16 AM

Thanks Ruby, I've been planning on getting a tattoo for years, just can't make a decision on what to get!!!

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

#83 hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:10 AM

[ATTACH]53967[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53968[/ATTACH]

The bible verse is the start of a whole sleeve for my mom who died of cancer in October and the other one is her maiden name which my papaw had tattooed on him at 14 and i added 100% on top to.show i disown and do not claim my father. Im 100% fleenor
IDK what some ppl think hippies are. The Originals, the one that Lived it, in the 60/70/80s, in The Haight, we were firm believers in our Constitution, our rights as human being. We were/are anti establishment, anti big government. And we were Armed to the teeth. It was said that The Haight had more guns than the police dept.-MARY aka shameless_heifer

#84 benkale

benkale

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 08:45 AM

a couple of mine...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#85 Shale

Shale

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted May 05 2015 - 03:55 AM

I did a "repositioning" cruise across the Atlantic in April and was at sea for 11 days - the most time I ever went without seeing land.  I was also thrilled going thru the straits of Gibraltar.  Even tho it was at night and the rock was just a shadow in the dark, I could see the lights on the shores of two continents at the same time. 

So, to commemorate this first event I got a tat in Barcelona. (also the first tat gotten outside of the U.S.)

post-104726-0-99099600-1430825926.jpg

• jesssmart likes this

#86 GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,385 posts
  • LocationBathurst AUSTRALIA

Posted May 05 2015 - 03:59 AM

LOL......rofl.gif

Cheers Glen.

#87 jesssmart

jesssmart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted July 14 2015 - 10:29 PM

It is Sanskrit, from India. The symbol is Om or Aum, represents the creator, preserver, destroyer (liberation) or the complete cycle of life - whatever. It is a meditation on existence and the 'Word' itself is a mantra.

You will see it as a tat on many ppl, not necessarily Hindu.

18769_219192253188_1981662_n.jpg?oh=9c68nnnnn

nice

#88 jesssmart

jesssmart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted July 14 2015 - 10:30 PM

I did a "repositioning" cruise across the Atlantic in April and was at sea for 11 days - the most time I ever went without seeing land.  I was also thrilled going thru the straits of Gibraltar.  Even tho it was at night and the rock was just a shadow in the dark, I could see the lights on the shores of two continents at the same time. 

So, to commemorate this first event I got a tat in Barcelona. (also the first tat gotten outside of the U.S.)

like it

#89 Shale

Shale

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted July 24 2015 - 03:39 AM

Just got back from a 9-day stay in Italy.  I was there 40 years ago, so I was gonna get a tat there commemorating it, but had artistic differences with the artist and it never happened.  However, back in Miami Beach for one day I got the tat done by artist Sara Della Torre, an Italian from Milano where I spent most of this trip in Italy. So, I guess Mission Acomplished.

post-104726-0-90560900-1437737518.jpg

post-104726-0-54460700-1437737886.jpg

post-104726-0-38512200-1437737896.jpg

Attached Files

#90 Mattekat

Mattekat

Ice Queen of The North

• PipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted August 13 2015 - 02:30 PM

Just had this tat done yesterday while in vancouver! It is a salmon. I went to a shop recommended by ashalicious. I'm thinking of having some colour added later, but I like it as is too.

Attached File  IMG_20150813_54614.jpg   68.78KB   0 downloads

Imagine it less sideways. I had it facing that way so it looks like it's swimming upstream, up my leg.
  • Shale likes this
"Life is change. Have some fun."

#91 BohemianGirl

BohemianGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Posted August 21 2015 - 07:06 PM

Some of my Favourite Tattoos:

For my Grandma:

IMAG0086.jpg

For My Uncle:

thumb_img_20150115_163902_1024.jpg

Foot Tattoos:

thumb_IMG_0245_1024.jpg

• Shale likes this

#92 Ameli

Ameli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted October 25 2015 - 01:02 PM

Great pics, amazing tattoos! I'll post mine as only I do it...

#93 Shale

Shale

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted December 13 2015 - 06:42 AM

Did the Pacific Tat in Wai***i

Kevin Inks Shale's Pacific Anchor Tat Wai***i Dec 1, 2015

vifntIZ.jpg

Shale's Pacific Anchor Tat Wai***i Dec 1, 2015

M6Zkk05.jpg

Shale's Anchor Tats in Flip Flops Dec 2, 2015

vqyQyGf.jpg

• Ashalicious and badphotoguy like this

#94 badphotoguy

badphotoguy

Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted December 21 2015 - 07:25 PM

One of my tats...and yes, it did hurt.

9v0BSWwl.jpg

Gws7FsIl.png

• Shale likes this

#95 Shale

Shale

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted December 23 2015 - 12:25 PM

I have some more tats that I haven't put in here yet (problem when Photobucket deleted my Shale account because of a disagreement - asswipes)

Anyhow, here is the biggest one (and most painful) a DC-3 plane, the first plane I ever flew on in 1964 (and the same plane my Air Force pilot uncle crashed and died in 1952)

jdlGhfL.jpg

Then there is my Air Force Command, where we spied on Soviet Radio comm in the Cold War.

pqm5dSv.jpg

• badphotoguy likes this

#96 badphotoguy

badphotoguy

Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted December 23 2015 - 12:31 PM

I have some more tats that I haven't put in here yet (problem when Photobucket deleted my Shale account because of a disagreement - asswipes)

Anyhow, here is the biggest one (and most painful) a DC-3 plane, the first plane I ever flew on in 1964 (and the same plane my Air Force pilot uncle crashed and died in 1952)

jdlGhfL.jpg

Then there is my Air Force Command, where we spied on Soviet Radio comm in the Cold War.

pqm5dSv.jpg

Agreed, the back is painful. Especially one that size. Good work Shale!

• Shale likes this

#97 aoabai

aoabai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted March 25 2016 - 05:54 PM

Someone I was talking to today made me think of tattoos. So, I decided to take a picture of one of mine with webcam, using my iPad. It's the best I can do.

http://www9.online-c...ed-7282deda.jpg

The tattoo itself wraps around my arm. It's inspired by Amanda Wachob's tattoo art. But, obiviously I didn't get it from her, becuase she is super famous and shit. It's basically a spatter, water colored, tattoo, with no real design or shape to it, but some imagery if you look closely. Granted, the picture doesn't do it justice. I also wanted to try white ink tattooing. So, I got a quote in white ink around the middle of my arm. You kind of can see the side profile of it.

I got it mainly because I hate my huge, ass bisceps. OMG, they are so fucking fat. My whole top area is fat, basically bulky. I look like a man. Also, I really wanted to try white ink, I enjoyed AW's art, I wanted to feel the experience of getting another tattoo, and stuff like that.

It took two sessions. Wasn't painful. I fell asleep. What else do people talk about in these threads? This is my first time posting anything tattoo, piercing related on social media, so I don't know what else to say.

Edited by aoabai, March 25 2016 - 05:54 PM.

• old tiger likes this

#98 aoabai

aoabai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted March 25 2016 - 09:39 PM

Someone told me that the link doesn't work. So, here is my second attempt. Sorry. I don't post a lot of pictures online. http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ir5fo4.jpg
  • old tiger likes this

#99 Ashalicious

Ashalicious

confident and wild

• PipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted March 26 2016 - 04:00 AM

Someone told me that the link doesn't work. So, here is my second attempt. Sorry. I don't post a lot of pictures online. http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ir5fo4.jpg

Very pretty......
Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

#100 aoabai

aoabai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted March 26 2016 - 03:22 PM

Very pretty......

Don't lie to me, woman! I know quite well that I don't wear tattoos as greatly as others. I didn't have the long, boney body or big, thick body that tattoos are best suited for. My body is average, abnormally short, and small. So, tattoos don't look great on me. But, thank you, anyways. I have more, but this was the easiest to photograph.

On another note, it kept writing 'roman' for 'woman'. Five times, man. Five times I had to change it.

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company