new planets

Discussion in 'The Future' started by deepblue897, Apr 24, 2013.

1. deepblue897

deepblue897 Member

so, how can we communicate with the new planets? i think, the only way is telephaty, and someone has to do that on earth.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yell really loud.

3. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

send radio messages

4. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

imagine the roaming charges on that phone call.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm pretty sure planets aren't big on communicating, and if they're new, it will be billions of years before there is life on them.

communicating with PEOPLE, who's life forms evolved on their worlds, differently then ours on ours, that, when our own becomes mature enough to do so, in a mutually civil and considerate manor, you know, when WE grow up enough, that will come.

the speed of light won't always keep us isolated, if it even does now.
    getting in and out of our own world's gravity well, is almost as much of an obstical.
    i mean, we've found one way to do it, that works, but its so monumantally expensive that many question the value even of doing so.

i don't. i believe a lot of advances that have been of tremendious bennifit, this internet and our computers themselves, being a result of that effort. jhowever wrong motivated it may in some ways have been.

you know, among the possiblities that exist, the one i like the most, is that the reast of the universe is out there, waiting for us to grow up enough to join them on our own. waiting to see if we grow up enough to do so considerately, or destroy ourselves before we do, or have to be dealt with as a menace, or what.

yes there are solutions. i don't know that something like the pritcher mass is most likely among them.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

7. Harpo

Harpo Member

Since the invention of Radio in the late 19th century, our radio broadcasts have reached about one hundred light years from Earth.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...stance-radio-broadcasts-aliens-travelled.html

Between 15% and 30% of stars have an Earth-like planet in the habitable zone (not too close to or far from their star for water to be liquid).

If any such planets within a hundred light years of us had invented radio before we did, we would've heard their radio broadcasts by now.

Assuming no alien civilisation would invent interstellar space travel without first having invented radio (how else would they communicate?) we must assume there are none within that distance.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how new of a planet do you want? i'm sure slartibarfarst is still taking commissions.

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I tend to think there could be some truth to this.....and boy, are they keeping tabs on us. LOL

10. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

well. I think we could send Morse code messages in teh form of flashing lights to faraway planets by strategically placing hydrogen bombs around the planet and making them explode in order..
    it might kill us all tho.

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Usually information can travel no faster than the speed of light...if the planet is 12,000 light years away, it will take 12,000 years before the message will be received.

There is however way to send faster than light messages....it has something to do with quantum entanglement...

12. Moonglow181

But do we know how fast brain waves travel yet...with no transmitters? LOL

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would imagine they would travel at light speed; they are basically just electricity after all, as far as i know.

14. Moonglow181

Yeah, that is what I am thinking....or maybe just instant...ever have esp or read someone's mind or they yours and they were miles and miles away....This is a realm of the unknown we have yet to learn more about.

15. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

one of my favorite science fiction authors, Robert Heinlein, wrote a book about this. in it, they found out that some sets of identical twins could communicate telepathically. and it happened to occur instantaneously, regardless of distance.

SPOILER ALERT! read the book if you want, it's pretty good.

so star ships had like 5 people on the ship, who had their twins back on earth, and they were used as the communication relay. until the ones on earth started dying (because the ones traveling close to light speed were aging very slow). then they luckily found that some twins could still communicate with their twin's son or daughter.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

They can be on the other side of the earth and thy will still get it extremely quick 12000 miles is nothing when your talking about light speed.

Just reread your post and realized that wasnt what you meant but my point was esp would still have to travel and to another planet that can take a while.

17. Moonglow181

but maybe not, Pensfan...taking awhile to travel I mean...We don't know yet.

18. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY74AFQl2qQ"]Sonic Geometry: The Language of Frequency and Form - YouTube

19. Moonglow181

Justin, can you make a long story short for me, and tell me what exactly this video is saying. I am lost 15 minutes into it with those numbers and things?

20. Moonglow181

If you think of our universe as one body...as some people claim it is....onebody like our own, wouldn't it make sense then that one part of that body wll know what another part is doing, immediately, even if they are far apart....top of our head to bottom of foot for example...

Just a thought I had and had to come and write down.