34 replies to this topic

#1 deepblue897

deepblue897

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Locationturkey

Posted April 24 2013 - 12:17 PM

so, how can we communicate with the new planets? i think, the only way is telephaty, and someone has to do that on earth.

#2 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,641 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 12:35 PM

yell really loud.

#3 FlyingFly

FlyingFly

Dickens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 01:20 PM

send radio messages
Posted Image
http://bit.ly/QenuK3

phshh lamee. Reality is for people who cant handle drugs.

There is more to reality, than what meets human eye.

#4 Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 01:40 PM

imagine the roaming charges on that phone call.

religion for people afraid of going to hell.spirituality is for people who have been there.

getting laid is not the same as getting free consensual sex. that actually may be comparable to winning the lottery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Peace Love Unity Respect

#5 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,513 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted April 27 2013 - 08:41 PM

i'm pretty sure planets aren't big on communicating, and if they're new, it will be billions of years before there is life on them.

communicating with PEOPLE, who's life forms evolved on their worlds, differently then ours on ours, that, when our own becomes mature enough to do so, in a mutually civil and considerate manor, you know, when WE grow up enough, that will come.

the speed of light won't always keep us isolated, if it even does now.
getting in and out of our own world's gravity well, is almost as much of an obstical.
i mean, we've found one way to do it, that works, but its so monumantally expensive that many question the value even of doing so.

i don't. i believe a lot of advances that have been of tremendious bennifit, this internet and our computers themselves, being a result of that effort. jhowever wrong motivated it may in some ways have been.

you know, among the possiblities that exist, the one i like the most, is that the reast of the universe is out there, waiting for us to grow up enough to join them on our own. waiting to see if we grow up enough to do so considerately, or destroy ourselves before we do, or have to be dealt with as a menace, or what.

yes there are solutions. i don't know that something like the pritcher mass is most likely among them.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#6 Gypsy Liveaboard

Gypsy Liveaboard

Driftwood

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationLiveaboard, SoCal

Posted November 29 2013 - 05:13 PM

astrology.

boat cat

#7 Harpo

Harpo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:24 AM

send radio messages

Since the invention of Radio in the late 19th century, our radio broadcasts have reached about one hundred light years from Earth.
http://www.dailymail...-travelled.html

Between 15% and 30% of stars have an Earth-like planet in the habitable zone (not too close to or far from their star for water to be liquid).

If any such planets within a hundred light years of us had invented radio before we did, we would've heard their radio broadcasts by now.

Assuming no alien civilisation would invent interstellar space travel without first having invented radio (how else would they communicate?) we must assume there are none within that distance.
Posted Image

#8 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,513 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 04:13 AM

how new of a planet do you want? i'm sure slartibarfarst is still taking commissions.
  • ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ likes this

=^^=
.../\...

#9 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 01:21 PM

so, how can we communicate with the new planets? i think, the only way is telephaty, and someone has to do that on earth.

I tend to think there could be some truth to this.....and boy, are they keeping tabs on us. LOL

#10 gendorf

gendorf

• PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 03:53 PM

well. I think we could send Morse code messages in teh form of flashing lights to faraway planets by strategically placing hydrogen bombs around the planet and making them explode in order..
it might kill us all tho.
Posted ImageEz Rollin Jedi Knight

The emperor....Wants to conquer outter space.
Yoda....Wants to explore inner space.

#11 IRQ42

IRQ42

Scientia Potentia Est

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts
  • Locationsegmentation fault

Posted February 13 2014 - 04:09 PM

Usually information can travel no faster than the speed of light...if the planet is 12,000 light years away, it will take 12,000 years before the message will be received.

There is however way to send faster than light messages....it has something to do with quantum entanglement...
"Real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand"

In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion ...

If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
restrict the use of these programs.
-- Richard Stallman

https://github.com/IRQ42/
Posted Image

#12 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:07 PM

But do we know how fast brain waves travel yet...with no transmitters? LOL

#13 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,641 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:36 PM

i would imagine they would travel at light speed; they are basically just electricity after all, as far as i know.

#14 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, that is what I am thinking....or maybe just instant...ever have esp or read someone's mind or they yours and they were miles and miles away....This is a realm of the unknown we have yet to learn more about.

#15 porkstock

porkstock

i'm a scientist

• PipPipPip
  • 15,845 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 10:13 PM

Yeah, that is what I am thinking....or maybe just instant...ever have esp or read someone's mind or they yours and they were miles and miles away....This is a realm of the unknown we have yet to learn more about.

one of my favorite science fiction authors, Robert Heinlein, wrote a book about this. in it, they found out that some sets of identical twins could communicate telepathically. and it happened to occur instantaneously, regardless of distance.

SPOILER ALERT! read the book if you want, it's pretty good.

so star ships had like 5 people on the ship, who had their twins back on earth, and they were used as the communication relay. until the ones on earth started dying (because the ones traveling close to light speed were aging very slow). then they luckily found that some twins could still communicate with their twin's son or daughter.

piggy.jpg

#16 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 10:23 PM

They can be on the other side of the earth and thy will still get it extremely quick 12000 miles is nothing when your talking about light speed.

Just reread your post and realized that wasnt what you meant but my point was esp would still have to travel and to another planet that can take a while.

#17 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 11:35 AM

but maybe not, Pensfan...taking awhile to travel I mean...We don't know yet.

#18 Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale

( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

• PipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted February 15 2014 - 01:18 PM

"]Sonic Geometry: The Language of Frequency and Form - YouTube

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth

then i ask myself the same question

#19 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 03:33 PM

Justin, can you make a long story short for me, and tell me what exactly this video is saying. I am lost 15 minutes into it with those numbers and things?

#20 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 05:47 PM

If you think of our universe as one body...as some people claim it is....onebody like our own, wouldn't it make sense then that one part of that body wll know what another part is doing, immediately, even if they are far apart....top of our head to bottom of foot for example...

Just a thought I had and had to come and write down.

#21 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 06:38 PM

it would know pretty damn quick, but it still does take some time (no matter how small that time is) for your brain to tell your foot its hurting

#22 Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale

( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

• PipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted February 15 2014 - 07:56 PM

Justin, can you make a long story short for me, and tell me what exactly this video is saying. I am lost 15 minutes into it with those numbers and things?

How about this then..

Neutrino-based communication

The first ever transmission of information using a beam of neutrinos has be achieved by physicists in the US. The demonstration is highly preliminary – it operates at less than 1 bit/s – and will require a lot of development before it can have any useful application. Nevertheless, the work proves a concept that physicists have been contemplating for years and that could ultimately be used in situations where other means of communications are not feasible.

Electromagnetic radiation – particularly at visible, microwave and radio wavelengths – is today's carrier of choice for moving information. It is easy to transmit, easy to detect and can carry a lot of information. However, there are some situations where it does not work very well. One example is the transmission of information to nuclear submarines, which can remain submerged almost indefinitely. The problem is that seawater is opaque to electromagnetic radiation at the wavelengths short enough to transmit information at a useful rate. Submarines therefore have to float a wire antenna to the surface, which restricts their speed and depth, making them easier to detect.

:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth

then i ask myself the same question

#23 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,513 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:11 PM

you know the title of this thread is rediculous. it takes billions of years for a newly formed planet to cool enough for anything to be able to live and grow on it. even plants to form an atmosphere.

=^^=
.../\...

#24 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,702 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:35 PM

Have you communicated with your own planet already?

Posted Image

#25 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,513 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 05:50 PM

Have you communicated with your own planet already?

really.

i don't know of too many people who have communicated with any old planets lately either.

=^^=
.../\...

#26 deepblue897

deepblue897

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Locationturkey

Posted March 16 2014 - 04:53 AM

really stupid thread.

#27 IRQ42

IRQ42

Scientia Potentia Est

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts
  • Locationsegmentation fault

Posted March 16 2014 - 05:22 AM

All planets are old, we are all made from old material. The elements like carbon were formed in a giant fusion reactor that is a star, and when it dies you get a supernova that blasts shitloads of matter and energy out...that's the stuff we're made of.
"Real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand"

In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion ...

If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
restrict the use of these programs.
-- Richard Stallman

https://github.com/IRQ42/
Posted Image

#28 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 06:12 AM

your soul travels at faster then the speed of light, many more times so actually.
now if we can harness this energy and hit warp drive then fuck ya

#29 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 06:17 AM

mars is a new planet, thats why weve started populating it.
it seems dense with iron oxide , exactly like our earth was before it was blue and green; red.
so I assume this is the planet chosen for terra-forming, as people I believe are already there.
Ive heard a legend of the iron oxide on our planet bleeding out from the earth making streams of blood and created the oceans? :confused:
:iron oxide seems to play a big role in life too..

#30 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 09:58 AM

All planets are old, we are all made from old material. The elements like carbon were formed in a giant fusion reactor that is a star, and when it dies you get a supernova that blasts shitloads of matter and energy out...that's the stuff we're made of.

The stuff that dreams are made of...I think that is the title of a book, too....

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company