23 replies to this topic

#1 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted April 24 2013 - 01:21 AM

I haven't had an alcoholic drink for 3 weeks.I like to avoid the word "alcoholic" because I think it has unnecessary connotations,but I have definitely been drinking too much for too long,and I just got to the point where I'd had enough of it.I was drinking in the daytime,which was getting very depressing.I was looking and feeling rough.Plus alcohol is expensive and I need to economise.I want to spend my money on other things.Now I drink 2 litres of water a day and 1 litre of orange juice.I feel so much better.I intend to quit alcohol for life.Sometimes I get a flash of "God I need a drink",But I just try and and sit with myself and let the feeling pass.So this thread is for anyone who feels they have issues with alcohol,for anyone who has quit,who wants to quit or just moderate.Thanx for reading.

#2 Spectacles

Spectacles

My life is a tapestry

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:39 AM

Good for you Fairlight. I quit drinking in February 1984. I never looked back and rarely think of it now.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

#3 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,393 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted April 24 2013 - 08:41 AM

I drank alot when I was young. I was of the mindset that you have to be somehow intoxicated to feel good and to have a good time. Also, I think I used it to help with some social anxiety. I gave it up when I got tired of the hangovers.

I may have an alcohol beverage once or twice a year now.

#4 hipfofo

hipfofo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 11:39 PM

Good and nice to hear that pal.

#5 r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned

Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

• PipPipPip
  • 11,912 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 11:45 PM

Been sober from all drugs since april 16th now. Only two weeks. meh

lebowski.jpg
Glauben diejenigen, die nach der Wahrheit suchen. Zweifle an denen, die ihn finden.

#6 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,393 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted May 02 2013 - 12:16 AM

Two weeks is a great start, ROllin.

#7 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:08 AM

One whole month alcohol free as of yesterday.The nightly pains in my heart have gone,which I though was from smoking cigarettes,but must have been from the alcohol.Next move is to quit cigarettes,but quitting both smoking and alcohol at once would drive me out of my nut...

#8 weetbob

weetbob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 12:51 AM

It's better for to stop also drinking if you don't want somebody calls you an alcoholic.

#9 nicebutt

nicebutt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 08 2013 - 01:23 AM

It's better for to stop also drinking if you don't want somebody calls you an alcoholic.

I agree dude. If you don't want somebody calling you alcoholic quit drinking.

#10 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted May 13 2013 - 11:27 AM

It'll be 6 weeks 2moro alcohol free for me.I really fancied a bottle of red 2nite.I have £5 in my wallet,just enough,and it's been the the most hard time resisting I've had so far.Not because I want to drown my sorrows but because I want to intensify my warm peace feeling.But I know that caving in would be a real let down,so,damn it,must be strong.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop