Tell me why I shouldn't be able to hit a girl

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by whiphoze, Apr 12, 2013.

1. whiphoze

whiphoze Banned

Debate and push people to using minor insults? I'm not a troll. It's just this stuff always happens. The loser goes off topic with insults. *shurgs*

2. odonII

odonII O

Oh!

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

I'm not going to dumb myself down, or alter my rather assertive personality, to "get along". Yet I adore a manly man, but it can't be ego, it needs to be biology. It's all a very tricky mixture of acceptance, and respect.

4. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Whiphoze, thanks for holding down the fort while I did 112 ropes, 109 jumping jacks, and 142 punching bag punches. :cheers2:

Men who work out are obviously woman haters who secretly plot to oppress women with their patriarchal physical prowess! :biggrin:

--------------

Edit: I would tell you how many military push ups I did, but my elbow tendinitis gave in. Age, age. I'm what they call a "creepy old man."

5. odonII

odonII O

I was going to ask if your wrists hurt, felt a little limp after all that.

6. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

did someone say limp

7. odonII

odonII O

Not like
    [​IMG]

8. whiphoze

whiphoze Banned

Thank you.. No matter how hard feminists try to feminize men, nature will always prevail.

I mean fro example, I really think a woman should stay home to take care of her baby. Work even gives time for this. A mothers care is much beter than the care of a stranger.

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

on the op

an any situation when you're attacked, the mature thing to do is to use the minimum force necessary to protect yourself, regardless of whether the attacker is male or female. that is also in your best interests as far as the law and karma are concerned.

that level of restraint only applies when it is clear that they don't pose a real danger to you. if you really need to hurt somebody in order to defend yourself, you have justification to do so.

10. acuarela

acuarela Member

I'm not one for violence and I've never been in a fight, except for my siblings. I don't think that really counts. I don't think I would hit a person that hits me, but maybe I would. I don't see anything like that happening since I don't associate myself with aggressive people.

I do think that if a woman hits you, you're totally entitled to hit her back. Even if she doesn't, remember that video of the girl on the bus that spit on the driver and he punched her. Good for him!

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

What is your scenario? Are you tied up? Did she sneak up and knock you out with a lead pipe? Or is this woman larger and stronger than you, and has kidnapped you?

Most of the hitting starts off as an argument, so if it gets physical, leave. Also, abuse doesn't happen "all of a sudden", and it is never "just once". Dump her ass and leave. With your two little feet. It's called walking.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm trying to figure out what a man could/would say that would make a woman so mad that she would resort to violence. For ANYONE to resort to violence indicates to me that logic and respect have gone and lizard brain wins.

I've never started a fight ,but have ended them when men have fucked with me. Self defense is an accepted way of reacting to assault, but I believe if a woman is mad enough to hit me(never happen) I would walk. There's no glory in smacking a woman -and it shouldn't be done--unless she's trying to kill you.

13. newbie-one

what makes you think that a man has to say/do anything for a woman to resort to violence?

I don't think that women should get a special pass to commit violent acts

14. scratcho

1st question=experience.

2nd question=Aileen Wuornos got hers. Never seen a woman just haul off and start punching a man. If she did without reason--she's nuts.

15. newbie-one

my experience is that there is no shortage of women who are willing to become violent with men without provocation. it's just that they'll only do it if they think they can get away with it. they'll shit their pants if they think they're going to get hit back though.

16. scratcho

OK. Well,we are probably from differant eras. Much differant. I've just never seen it. Goes along with the rest of the changes in society,I guess.

17. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe if a woman hits you first, you have a right to hit back in self defense.. but not to brutalize her. Protect yourself, restrain her if you must, your safety is priority, then hers.

18. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I completely agree with this.
    I believe the objective in any case of violence is to ensure your safety and stop the violence in the least painful/aggressive manner.

Why would you hit someone when they don't pose a serious threat to you and you're strong enough to restrain them?
    This doesn't apply when you feel threatened. When you're in a 'fight or flight' mode, you follow your first instinct to keep yourself safe.

I don't thing gender is (should be) a factor here.

19. newbie-one

what the law says and what is right are not necessarily the same thing.

If someone goes out and picks a fight, and they get a boot up the ass, they've got it coming.

maybe assholes would be less likely to pull shit if that happened more often.

20. kurona

kurona Member

I would not hold back punching a girl, so should anyone if they are under threat. All the crap about women being weak and all and that is the excuse on why you shouldnt is bs, and it doesnt give em to right to swing at others and not get the same.

Granted im a girl myself...

But i have no issues with men at all doing the same.