No Ocala 2014

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Barry208, Apr 4, 2013.

1. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

Where do you hang out ?

2. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

I've been to lots of gatherings with no permits. Although I've been to some gatherings (mainly just Florida) that did sign permits I've tried to make it clear every step of the way that I disagree with the permit and give no one the right to say that they represent me.
    We don't need their PERMITsion to come together to peaceably assemble on our land.
    So do I understand correctly that there was no council that decided not to have the ocala spring gathering?

3. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

Oh and p.s. : I love gutterPunks, asswipes, and tampa tramps!

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I've never been to Ocala. I've heard both good and bad things about it.

If these gatherings aren't your thing, I can understand not wanting to go. I can understand criticizing how things are done.

If your brothers and sisters gather in the spirit of peace and good will, I can't understand hating on them though.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

permit or no permit , a relationship to the ForestService will exist and
    it varies around the country . sometimes it's just a council meeting with
    the naturalists about caring for the land . other times and places it's been
    too stinky with authority and rainbow family goes to jail .

here's one futurama : after the camp is set up and going the guns.gov agents
    surround it with their razor wire making it a prison camp . any attempt to go to town
    and Zappa! you gets shaved . fine . we were home anyway . this is a nice spot and
    for fuk or or good reason and with blessing of the Spirit high above whirling in the winds .

peace
    in the woods , peace in the woods , sing carry water .

6. billjones

billjones Banned

Lets try this one more time. Each and every Gathering,be it a regional or the Nationals is approved by the Forest Service. Someone signs a permit !!! It may be the guy who tends the main parking area or some other position but someone always comes forward and signs the use permit. The self proclaimed "know it all's" who run their mouths each year about signing or not signing are nothing more then Chicken Little's venting their frustrations to gullible believers. How the Hell do they think a location is decided upon. Are they naive enough that to think that a circle is drawn in the middle of the forest and that's going to be the Gathering spot? No... It goes like this. Several locations are scouted out and when a location or two is found that's meet the requirements, responsible folks go and meet with the forest officials and discuss the situation. After all the conditions have been agreed upon on both sides a permit is issued. That's the deal !!! Nothing more or nothing less. Perhaps the following will help those who still believe in the Easter Rabbit understand ( How does the Forest Service manage this event
    The Forest Service formed a National Incident Management Team (NIMT) in 1997 to cover Rainbow Family gatherings. The objectives of the NIMT are:
    Address health and safety risks to the public and participants
    Minimize environmental impacts with Law Enforcement presence and action
    Recognize and mitigate social and political impacts
    Respect civil rights of all public
    Locate a suitable site for gatherings before they occur.
    Utilize unified command. The NIMT is working in partnership with state, county, and local law enforcement, health, and other organizations. Informational meetings involving the NIMT, the Forest Service, Federal, State and local agencies and entities will occur as needed.
    ) Nuff Said !!!

7. billjones

billjones Banned

In recent years, gathering attendees barely reflect the original founders of years ago. The gatherings appear to have a much younger demographic with the majority of attendees 25 years or younger who come to "party". Some present and former gathering attendees contend the core Rainbow group has lost control of this younger crowd. There was more garbage such as foodstuffs, trash and clothing left behind at gatherings, ostensibly for the clean up crew of Rainbow Family members to deal with. This seems to support the lack of "pack it out" ethics in these younger attendees. There is more observable conflict as the core Rainbow group tries to influence the behaviors of these younger gathering participants. Some younger people attracted to the gatherings are juve:(nile runaways.

8. billjones

billjones Banned

Recent gatherings are also attracting more of a criminal element. Rainbows claim to love everyone criminals are in need of healing also:(. As a result, there are no detrimental consequences to criminal activity outside the gathering. Although the Rainbows try to separate physically and philosophically from the use of alcohol, they believe marijuana and mushrooms are healing herbs and the use of hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD, methamphetamine and others is common. The separated alcohol users and abusers present a dangerous and erratic presence to the gatherings. Rainbow Family members are approaching Law Enforcement Officers more frequently with complaints about "A-Camp", but seem unwilling to approach the alcohol users themselves.

9. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

So no council decided there would be no Ocala 2014? Seems the title of this thread is misleading.
    Funny how people like to preach on their computers trying to explain to any gullible newbie " how it is" in the woods. I say go to the woods and see for yourself how we really do every step of the process and u will see how much high-grade fertilizer these armchair chiefs really are. NUFF SAID!

10. billjones

billjones Banned

Sure, go to the woods and see the drunks, see the disrespectful, see the stabbings, see the car burning's, see the druggies, see the garbage dumps, see the scorched earth, see mother nature on the run !!!

11. UnionJack

UnionJack Member

I agree, which is why I haven't been back to Ocala since 2002. It's no longer "Rainbow".

12. billjones

billjones Banned

Feb 7th- 24th.,2014 Ocala Regional Drainbow Gathering In the Ocala National Forest. Ocala Rainbow Gathering ?? We found some banter on the potential sites and info on what is up after the 2013 Ocala National Forest fire. Obviously there is going to be some issues this year but could end up being a good year to go. It may end up at Mary's Lake(sp)???
    Well here is the rumor for those that you are heading south to Ocala, Fl. We are guessing Hopkins Prairie will be a potential holding camp being hidden because of the hunting rule that the LEOs has imposed for years and the fire. And Marion county now has a jailable panhandling rule. More News As It Becomes Available !!! Stay Tuned https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5-bVPq1ZJlk

13. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

this was posted on a facebook Rainbow Family page...

Douglas Clearwater Henson‎2014 Rainbow Family
    My take on Ocala.

20+ years of doing Ocala and I have learned the following. The locals never liked us. With a few exceptions. Ocala is the spot where everyone in America who finds themselves homeless and freezing head that way. Ocala gets a huge income of new kids every year that need to be taught with acceptance and open minds and hearts. We have awoken more kind spirits in Ocala than any other Gathering combined, imho.
    Does it have rough times. Sometimes. IF you camp in the woods around a good kitchen with positive people you may never even notice the bad things that occasionally happen.
    Ocala is if for learning teaching loving and accepting.
    If you don't like it fine, don't go. But sitting around bashing it only keeps positive folks with good energy who can help teach and spread love from coming down and that makes it twice as hard for the GOOD KIND FAMILY that trys their best to teach the Rainbow Way.
    Welcome to Rainbow Boot Camp
    Welcome Home!

14. billjones

billjones Banned

Ocala is not a Rainbow Event !! It's a mob!! The whole of it died 10 years ago. Pull your head out of the sand. There also is no Easter Bunny. Say all the cute stuff you can think of but the truth is The once real Ocala Rainbow Gathering is dead, period!!

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Nearest town 2 lake mary? Just curious, most likely not goin, iust like keep up.

16. billjones

billjones Banned

2014 Ocala Winter Gathering of the Tribes
    Lake Mary Site
    Ocala National Forest

Seed Camp - January 25th-January 31, 2014
    Gathering - February 1st-14th, 2014
    Cleanup February 15th-February 21, 2014
    http://flrainbow.org/Ocala/

17. cgregory

cgregory Guest

you people promote all your tolerance, peace, love,worship, and friendship all you want, but your a tribe of thieving hypocrites. You wonder why you are not welcome? Why is every year you come and wreak havok then leave like its ok? We use the big scrub ALL year to hunt, run dogs, and enjoy the outdoors without problems. ONCE AGAIN, you show up and it all changes. We are nice enough to give every passing by bus-load, directions to where they are heading when they are lost and once again you shit on us again las you did this weekend(2/10/14). Why do you feel it to be peaceful, friendly, and loving to remove the electronic collars from hunting dogs that may come by your way?? these dogs are doing what they are bred to do and love doing it. You think taking our way of locating them when it is time to leave and throwing them in Lake Mary as you did saturday, is promoting any kind of peace? Keep it up, we are sick of it and we are not the ones breaking the law...

18. billjones

billjones Banned

Well,well ! I see the shit continues. Being an old Hippie , a very old Hippie, I also am fed up with the Ocala bullshit. Hippies are blamed for the stupid people that are drawn to the Gatherings. Perhaps rightfully so as the hippie Rainbow folks are incapable of separating themselves from the gutter punks. The handwriting has been on the wall for several years now and the "self proclaimed" Florida Rainbow Family has missed every opportunity to get it's act together. Pack It Up Florida Rainbow, It's Over and You are the reason !!!

19. cgregory

cgregory Guest

every year we have the same dog running field trial competition for the dogs and every year some assholes claiming to be peace promoters steal collars and tie up dogs and create a lot of animosity that could otherwise be avoided. We dont try and interfere with the gatherings yet we still have to constantly call LEO's to retrieve our property and in most cases unable to do so because they feel throwing them in the lakes is acceptable practice....Perhaps a some letters and photos about what is really going on out here sent to the right people will provide enough bad publicity about the event is what is needed, being it keeps happening...

20. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

rainbow are not so ambitious as to murder dogs . if they were
    it'd be dog soup tonight . anyway , even the stupid police dogs
    are lazily tolerated .