No Ocala 2014

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Barry208, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Barry208

Barry208 Member

Two important pieces of news coming out of conversations with Tonee Davis, the Ocala Gathering permit administrator, earlier today. First, the Hopkins Prairie site has been officially reopened and will be reinspected on Friday. There are a few areas where the clean-up needs completion, please assist ASAP. Second, it is very unlikely that there will be a 2014 Ocala Gathering. When (if?) we return in a year or two, (2015 or 2016) as per discussions with the FS, the only logical site will be Lake Mary, a favorite among family. Assuming all goes well, the following year, we will try for another new site within the Ocala NF. A-Cola, therefore for 2014 is likely to be huge, over 1,000. Further, those planning to stay the winter of 2013/2014 in Ocala NF, on public lands, are probably not going find themselves hosted, safe or welcome. Please make plans accordingly. While final decisions will be made in council, on the land, this is the likely direction for the next few years.
    Respectfully & with love, Barry

2. Nomad by Nature

Nomad by Nature Guest

what locations need cleaning? Im closeby and can assist

3. Barry208

Barry208 Member

Hopkins Prairie off FR 54 to 33, inside, along the trails, searching for hidden campsites

4. Barry208

Barry208 Member

And thank you from everyone...

5. Oreocookiemadness

Oreocookiemadness Member

What happened that there will not be an Ocala gathering for 2014?

6. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

I've walked the southern part of Osceola national forest in north Florida. So far in my mind it has yielded no spot suitable, being too close to I-10 and it also hosts a police dog training facility. They walk/ train their dogs in the forest near there. I suspect that the northern part of Osceola may be more forthcoming with possibilities. I believe Osceola may offer an alternative to ocala, although it may require a lot more walking. I was encouraged tho that on my beautiful friend & I's last day there we were blessed with a huge rainbow that filled the sky of the forest as far as we could see. I took it as a sign of things to come

7. DonnieDarko617

DonnieDarko617 Guest

Disregard all rumors of cancellation. There will be an Ocala gathering whether there is a permit signed or not. Barry208, I believe that by you signing a permit for the gathering the last two years you have given the local officials more power over the matter than they have right to. The constitution grants us freedom to peacefully assemble. The forest fire that was blamed on the gathering was a result of a controlled burn by the Forestry Service becoming unmanageable due to high winds. The blame was placed on The Gathering in order to deter further gatherings from being held in the Ocala National Forest. Also, shortly after the 2013 Ocala Regional Gathering, there was a law passed in Marion County, Florida that makes panhandling of any type a jailable offense. There are many people trying to stop this gathering from happening anymore. We can't let them stop us from gathering on public lands!

8. hickey

hickey Member

Love is alive so anybody who is alive may call themselves a member of the Rainbow Family if they want to. Why? Because Family ... real Family, like real love, is beyond singular definition and does not discriminate - meaning absent of relative judgement.

The Gathering, in principal at least, is universal yet we all practice it (at a gathering or anywhere else) in our own different ways, There is a lot of beauty in this.

On a previous post someone wrote 'the purpose of the gathering is to pray for world peace'....I would ammend that to read 'some' people come for that but others for love of brother and fellowship, to perform service, see old friends, others a break from 9-5, others as they have nothing better else to do, and so on and so on.

We love our differences which makes us the same, one love sorta thing, eternal and true....kind of the concept, but even Rainbows are not perfect in showing ourselves in a loving way. But there is faith in mankind and high hopes for the future knowing love will see us through....even though a lot Rainbows sometimes maintain different beliefs, Rainbows allows others to see things for themselves. Rainbows are tolerant...........I try to tolerate.....but...

BUT RAINBOWS DO NOT SIGN PERMITS!!!!
    A GATHERING PRACTICES FREEDOM!!!
    IT IS AN EXPRESSION OF FREEDOM AND AN EXPERIENCE OF FREEDOM!
    A RAINBOW MEMBER WHO SIGNS A PERMIT IS LIKE THE MORON WHO CONSENTS FOR A LEO TO SEARCH HIS CAR, BECAUSE "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH ME LOOKING? ... HE ENDS UP BUSTED BECAUSE HE WAS TOO DUMB TO JUST SAY 'NO'.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE PERMIT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE SUFFERED AND SACRIFICED FOR OUR LIBERTIES AND TO JUST GIVE THEM UP TO AUTHORITY, TO LOSE IT, MERELY BECAUSE THEY ASK IT OF YOU, IS WEAK WILLED AND ONLY FUELS THE FIRE FOR MORE AUTHORITATIVE RESTRICTIONS ON OUR LIVES.

IF THE RAINBOWS EVER HAD AN 'OFFICIAL' RULE, (KINDNESS NOT SO MUCH A RULE BUT RATHER IS THE WAY OF THE RAINBOW) IT WOULD BE 'NO PERMIT'.

.....besides, who the hell can sign a permit as a representative of the RF? THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIVES - BY DESIGN AND ANCIENT WISDOM...AND WHO ARE THEY (FS IS PUBLIC AGENCY)TO PUT RESTRICTIONS ON FAMILY GATHERINGS ... ITS NOT IN THEIR POWER BUT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK IT IS.
    We have no 'leaders' or 'guy in charge'. This smells like a co-opt attempt of something that is currently free and making either a dime or name out of it.
    ,...or he is a cop shill, a guy on the make. There is no reasonable explanation that would excuse this 'sell-out' and break from the Rainbow Family tradition.

I can see it now "I am in charge because I signed the permit...and thats $2. for parking please, no credit".

The real deal don't dance with devils - it expels them.

The permit process would be used against rainbows...just another 'compliance' to accept? Nope and never.

Lastly: Rainbows have shown in the woods that we don't need no stinking permit because, despite LEO badges, guns and hate towards non-conformist (among other prejudicial convictions)....us many and them few. Us brave and them scared. Us light them dark....there is nothing they can do to us outside the law, as an individual , but if I am a member of a permit group I will be defined by that groups purpose....and like i said about the purpose being different for different people........

SUDDENLY NOW THIS GATHERING HAS A SINGULAR PURPOSE, THE PERMIT DEMANDS THAT THE GROUP BE DEFINED AND PURPOSE STATED, THEY WANT US DEFINED AND MAKE US A 'PARTY' TO THEM.

SOCIETY ISSUES A PERMIT TO INITIATE AND TRACK FOR VIOLATIONS SOMETHING THAT NORMALLY WOULD BE OUTSIDE OF COMPLIANCE WITH CODE.

I DON'T NEED/WANT A PERMIT TO GATHER. ITS IN THE CONSTITURION, DYH.

WHO ARE WE? NAME? PURPOSE?

answer: love, love and love.|
    Its allowed....no need to beg for it

The point is don't let yourself be forced into having one as they will use it against you. No permit please.

9. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

My understanding of this despite all our rights is that we can actually "love" th land by a fallow year much more so than attempting to assert ourselves. This way as well we r showing locals respect too.

10. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Other sites have been suggested, including freak creek.

11. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

Barry is a cop

12. billjones

billjones Banned

Here's the deal with Ocala, The Gathering has become over run with gutter punks, ass wipes and shit for brains Tampa tramps ! It's a sad fuckin situation and the real deal Rainbows have no one to blame but themselves. For the last several years the Ocala Gathering has decayed to nothing more than a place for losers to hang out. The piss poor excuse for A camp has become nothing more than a booze fest. Rainbow people wake up and get ahold of the situation or stop calling yourselves Rainbowers.

13. billjones

billjones Banned

Here's the deal with Ocala, The Gathering has become over run with gutter punks, ass wipes and shit for brains Tampa tramps ! It's a sad fuckin situation and the real deal Rainbows have no one to blame but themselves. For the last several years the Ocala Gathering has decayed to nothing more than a place for losers to hang out. The piss poor excuse for A camp has become nothing more than a booze fest. Rainbow people wake up and get ahold of the situation or stop calling yourselves Rainbowers. :confused:

14. dormouse

dormouse Member

query ... in what ways would you have true "rainbowers" get ahold of the situation? no "rainbower" has the authority to kick drunks or potentially violent people out of a national forest.

just curious.

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

with peanutbutter soup and bears .

16. billjones

billjones Banned

What needs to be done, First, The gathering doesn't need to be advertized all over the internet. Next, When a permit is signed it give you use of an area. If that area is abused by anyone all that need be done is to contact the forest service and have them removed. Now I know some individuals will say we never should sign for a permit but rainbow folk have always signed for a permit , be it at a regional or a national gathering. Those who always run their mouth about not signing a permit are folk who are not aware of how it has always been. Pretending only that they know whats going on. Acola for example is a more progressive gathering.

17. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

What that's not true .....iv bin going for 27 years and most gatherings don't sign permits......further more council at nationals has condensed more than ones that family don't sign permits .

18. billjones

billjones Banned

It Is True !!! You may think that permits are never signed but they are and that's a certainty. Many self proclaimed Rainbow Children have this notion but in fact a permit is always signed by someone. I know this because I have been there and done that. Your ignorance of such matters will not change the real situation.

19. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

Bill you sir don't know shit

20. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

I wonder how many gatherings have you bin to ?