The media controlling people

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Happysmile, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Happysmile

Happysmile Banned

What do you think of the way the media sheds light on only things they want the public to see. It's quite an unbiased view I feel as they generally only show their side and not the side of those they are claiming to be bad people unless it suits a purpose for them.

2. JassieLeigh

JassieLeigh Member

Media can tell you what to think, change your opinions, manipulate your emotions, tell you what to buy just by telling you that its cheap or is going to make something in your life better.

3. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

Isn't it the media that usually win the British General Erections?

4. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

The media today has so many issues that I believe shouldn't be ignored. Starting off misandry in the media. Why is it whenever I turn on the television I see a commercial trashing the appearance of men making them seem weak and or mentally deficient. The man walks up and does something completely idiotic while the women standing behind him rolls her eyes as if to say " See what I put up with?" This commercial places a thought in your subconscious while you watch tv in a zombie like state that tells men you are weak and subservient and tells women that they are treated badly and seem superior which in reality is quite ignorant for one cannot survive without the other. we are built to complement & complete each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ_74_36Tqk

Next deception in the news! When I turn on the news I expect to see news, instead we are forced to watch whats going on with the stars and all the mass school shootings that all the facts seem to be obviously fuddled. Why dont we know anything about these crazys that are eating faces? Zombies? Government created virus? Who knows! The man in Florida? Not bath salts they only found THC and not even enough to state that he had smoked that day? So what happened? Yet everyone knows that kesha and lady gaga are lesbians and where they are touring next. All of the lies in the news have even taken an affect on the news casters there are only so many lies you can speak before your brain crashes and you start speaking gibberish because the truth seems so foreign. We are being fed lies and because we fall into a hypnotic state while watching television these lies are planted into our subconscious and believed as fact without evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rWmpgWHG_0

And this my friends is only the tip of the iceberg.:eek:

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

No one should listen to MSM -- Its all garbage meant to keep others IN CONTROL and living in a controlled state!

6. treetop2

treetop2 Guest

The main problem i find is most people are informed by the media thus not informed in the way I believe they ought. I believe the media concentrates on conflicts and violence. This provides a self perpetuating media driven line of action from various individuals. Always the same result, to get attention people (ordinary people like you and me) have to die.

Although the movie 'Paycheck' is crappy the idea behind it is sound. By generally focusing on bad rather than good deeds in the media we obtain a self fulfilling prophecy. Not a good one either.

7. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I sold my TV years and years ago; it was making me sick and driving me crazy. My husband and I don't own a TV either; anything we want to watch we can download or watch online.
    I don't want TV because no matter what the channel is, it's something someone chose for you to watch. I choose what I watch.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

The media is neutral and gives us all the information we need.

9. Driftwood Gypsy

the information the media gives us is biased blatant lies, brainwashing, brain reprogramming and propaganda.

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Without the media we wouldn't even know 0.1% of what goes on in the world compared to what we know now.

11. Driftwood Gypsy

And how much do we really know?

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

1000% more than we would without having any media.

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

14. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

pfft, Could ya try an' be a bit more trollish? :coffee:

15. odonII

odonII O

Although, bird_migration, is being a little 'trollish' he isn't wrong, imho.
    Don't read or watch anything for a year and then see how much you know about current events.
    I think the distinction some might be making is good and bad media.
    Accentuating the bad and ignoring the good.
    I'm not quite sure the media can be 'neutral' because we are not 'neutral' - but it certainly contains enough to make a fair assesment - if that is what you want.

Notice you picked on: The media is neutral and gives us all the information we need.

Rather than: Without the media we wouldn't even know 0.1% of what goes on in the world compared to what we know now.

16. Gongshaman

No, the 'media' should out of necessity have a slightly liberal slant, if nothing to keep those corporate sponsors on their toes! lol ;)

17. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This is the HipForum. People here should try to be hip. In the 70's when I was a young hippie, "hip" meant "knowing what is really going on". These days, this usually means "follow the money".

Regarding the media, it's important to know how they make their money, what pressures they are under to make more money, who owns them, etc. Then you would understand why, for instance, there are all those medical stories and advertisements by pharmaceutical companies on the nightly news. It's because their audience is quite old, compared to the general population, so it leads to a lot of advertising money.

Anyway, I could go on, but I encourage you to find news sources that are reliable, that still have journalistic standards. Regard every commercial as false unless you know better. Read more than one or two sources, so you'll know the bigger picture. Know that the mass media does something called "false balance", where they try to present both the conservative and liberal sides are equally valid, even when it's something as stupidly false as the birther issue. Apparently, they do this to avoid charges of being too liberal, however the facts usually favor the liberal position.

Anyway, I'm just saying "be hip". Don't be fooled. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated. Complain when the media is presenting falsehoods as a valid position. You won't be controlled if you don't allow it.

18. odonII

odonII O

I think it probably does. Before you mention fox news - just take a look at how many people watch it.

19. Gongshaman

Well I wasn't going to mention it but yeah, most watched news channel...fucking scary.

20. odonII

odonII O

Well, I would say, FNC has higher ratings than others because the others are too similar. FNC is competing with 3-4 others that are mirror images of each other, imho. So I would combine the viewers of others and then compare it with FNC. Also, the point was, FNC has approx' 2-3 million viewers compared with a population of 313 million - so that is what percentage of Americans?