Bubble Hash Vs. B.H.O

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by inthydreams911, Mar 12, 2013.

1. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

I was just wondering why the consistency of Bubble Hash is so much different then the consistency of Oil or Wax?

Bubble Hash is black or brown most the time and can be very soft and sticky or hard. While B.H.O has a consistency from sticky liquid to soft solid.

Why is Bubble so much darker though? Is it plant material or extra cannabanoids that cause the color?

I feel like the highest grade bubble through the finest micron screen should look similar to color and texture of high grade oil purged into honeycomb status. Am I right on this?Or is there a difference still? They should both be mainly Thc right?

If anyone has some answers it would be much appreciated.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I think it is because of the different methods used in making BHO vs bubble and the amount of oxidation that will happen. The BHO I get is a lighter brown then bubble but they look pretty similar.

3. ezpatterson1169

ezpatterson1169 Guest

The key dif. between a hash and an oil is that (Bubble) hash is a (cold water) extraction that consists of many compressed resin glands or trichomes. Better hash "full melt" has more trichomes and very little plant matter and other contaminants. Pressed keif is considered hash. An oil though is just that, the resin/oil itself further stripped from inside the glands by some solvent. The butane oil is lighter bc it doesn't contain contams. or veg matter or the trichomes themselves. Some waxes and very blonde oils are cooked twice or vacuum purged witch traps air in it and makes it lighter. I do an ethanol extraction which produces some very dark mollases looking oil, but upon a cook up it turns amber and almost fluffy but it is pure melt in either form, blonde or moasses goo. color isnt a sign of potency.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Wow, Good post for your first time. :2thumbsup:

plus you saved me from having to type all that.:)

5. ezpatterson1169

ezpatterson1169 Guest

Hey thanks. I watch these forums all the time but never joined. I want to be helpful as I'm sure I'll post tons of questions in the future. lol.
    I love extractions!. I have a fun psilocybin crystal ethanol extract I'm playing with currently. May be a good first thread topic? works for cactus too. But now I'm getting off topic...lol

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

ya i agree...speciallly about the typing

is that corn based ethanol?....where does one buy it?....i never wanted to waste time and butane on trim....i hate iso-oil...ethanol might work

7. ezpatterson1169

ezpatterson1169 Guest

95% grain spirit is fine. I then filter and run one gallon batches through a repurposed electric water distillation unit that runs on lower temp. than factory setting. Ethanol extracts more CBDs and other canabinoids than butane too which mostly yields THC. methanol is better for psilocybin crystal.

8. ezpatterson1169

ezpatterson1169 Guest

If u do an ethanol extraction on trim be sure to keep the entire process ice cold/frozen up until filtering and distilling/evaporating as that will keep u from extracting alot of cellulose and chlorophyl. you want a clear amber slurry.
    I love this tek for sub par hash I don't press, works great. very economical. the still i use even recycles the ethanol.:2thumbsup:

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

^
    You know your hash EZ, happy you took the plunge from lurker to poster.:)