Random Stuff

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by jats, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

Lucky
    "How dare you call it that in the presence of decent upstanding non-re-posting outcasts!" fumed Dejavu, brewing up a broth of faux wrath to spew upon any who presumed to be able to soup him up. "Humans are fine fuckers, always were, always will be," he said, gracing one and all with a napkin so that no bearings could be lost in the breadth of his beardly disguised jaws of life. Dejavu had never read genesis, he seemed to imbibe it by osmosis, knowing parents never send their children packing for hanky panky but so they can make of their fruit something not as forbidding as it had seemed to be in their upbringing. Everyone was Dejavus child now he'd grown up, or he was at least everyones. He guessed that the people that wanted to be picky about it were religious, possibly smitten down by the new testawhatsit for which the only real cure beyond the chop, was love.

2. jats

jats Member

...marvellous dej, I do hope you are saving some of these, but I'll explain about that another time, unless flea beats me to it, meanwhile a new post, with a new picture as I am halfway through the mini series, sumptuous, how did I miss this...

Jats had been keeping an eye on him, something was up, he'd noticed it, he had taken a beating and was having to get smarter, ducking for cover and getting less easier to hit, specially as the little uns new gun had proved to be deadly in his little hands getting a good spraying technique going while the others had to retaliate with bursts of three to four getting outmatched for a change, yes revenge was sweet for the little un as his older brother got picked off again and went deeper into his sulk like the moody centre forward he sees on the tv "...fear is the mind killer..." Jats whispers to his little prince "...let it pass over you and through you, where the fear has gone only you remain..." Jats paraphrases chuckling "...fear is the mind killer...and practice practice practice, you'll get him next week son, be sneaky I keep telling ya be sneaky..." chuckles Jats at the memory ingrained while just finishing off taking apart an M16 and unjamming the darned thing and hoping not too much damage had been done while giving the little sod a bollocking for getting a cheap shot in on his little brother, I saw it the little fucker, but then these things are repairable "...now if only I had bought those scope protectors too I wouldn't still be here about to attach those on at silly o'clock in the morning now. A hell of a shot though, right through the glass of his new scope, a hell of a shot..." chuckles Jats having a night cap now while rubbing his cheek to see how that welt was going down

[​IMG]

3. jats

jats Member

...no reposts are very handy dej, they save a lot of time...a repost from a little writers site where they had a few little trolls on the quiet...

"...oh dear..." sighs Jats snug by the fire in the little cottage by the canal watching all the 'special' people on x factor with the boys now "...don't you lot have some writing to do, or something, anything, rather than practising your trolling for the big forums where there's always one of these threads to play on then, and I doubt very much if any of the thousands of these threads have ever converted one, one way or the other, so what's the point, other than revealing self then..." Jats giggles joining in with the boys giggling at our new wannabe gods on the screen and takes the opportunity to surreptitiously steal another fruit pastel only to be caught and beaten up a bit 'what you writing Dad?' asks the little un peering over Jats shoulder 'I'm just telling some humans to stop arguing about God' answers Jats 'but God doesn't exist. Are they a bit stupid then?' he wonders, guarding his sweets tightly 'no just confused' Jats tells him tickling a pastel loose from his grip before continuing "...why don't you just write one 'god' post and repost it on every thread all across forumland instead, it saves a lot of time you know..." suggests Jats off to play a game of ping pong now with the little un, in return for one more sweet

[​IMG]

4. Dejavu

"Yes jats, no reposts of mine are very handy to me, but my posts are, and remain here should they ever become so again. I simply don't know exactly how handy they may be to others, so feel free to repost them if you like. You are one who need not ask my permission." said Dejavu, attempting to work out why it might be a good idea to save his posts. He couldn't detect anything in the air heralding the hip forums apocalypse, but he thought he'd be upfront about the matter all the same. "By all means explain to me jats!" he asked, hoping he wouldn't need to acquire an M-16 for his enlightenment. Ever since he was a young Dejavu, banned from his beloved a-team by his parents, he'd thought this particular gun the one to get. "They say variety is the spice of life, but that's probably just cover for a lack of imagination" he said laughing. "How to remain as more than remains, no-one has ever written the instruction manual." Dejavu felt a kind of lightness steal into and about him. "I suppose that's what all us live writers are really onto" he added with an air of mystery. "And to think there are still those who insist that god exists for us!" Dejavu remembered when as a child he used to rise before dawn and remembered too that childs desire to go waking everyone else up despite his contentment in those stillest hours. "Having to be sneaky for the sake of others sleep casts a poor light on sneakiness in general..." He considered this a moment, and then said "No problem though, just good practice for going always by our own light, even if we have to sneak into it. And it can't help but keep out the creeps!" :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSsjugznEJY"]Paradox - Deep Sleep - YouTube

5. jats

jats Member

...we are what we choose to be, no matter where...and forums come and go for the strangest of reasons, a repost from a year ago...

Jats types quickly now then all of us having overslept and due to pick up Grandma from the station in an hour, where thankfully all the pre-cleaning has been done though it won't stop Grandma from cleaning some more, she can't help it you see "...so stay away from that poisonous forum then for as I have said before there are as many forums as there are stars in the night sky, and so there are many for you to choose from to replace that one, or the next one then, and feed the addiction that all are seeking on forum-land though with everyone hiding their self it's not easy to spot who is who, even your self if you are not careful, unless you are always true to self that is while being anonymous of course this next time, for who is who on forum-land then, why anyone could be anyone, and no matter who you choose to be, there is always someone out to 'get you' see..." Jats riddles some more and back then now to the chores of daily life dragging the boys off the x-box and barking orders so that they can greet Grandma who will be laden with Easter eggs and where they can continue their gentle smiling extortion process then to get a gun out of her, if they are careful

[​IMG]

6. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

("...I'll help you in your revolution Jats..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere,

"...no please no, no more of all their irrelevant are you published/closed shop rubbish..." begged the goblin somehow patting the admin dog out of sympathy, and then continuing "...simply it's just like pointing out to me that someone is not actually closed shopped, why, because that someone can't be closed shopped since the closed shop itself has not closed shopped them in order to be so, where big deal, the real question to ask yourself is if you have read this post like a hundred other posters have since yesterday even, where forumland is not writing here for that hallowed closed shop elsewhere, the 3% then, unless you want to continue short-changing your forum readers of your writing talent, no forumland is like you looking at your pen and then seeing a vast sea of forum readership a mere slot's distance in front of you now, so ignore their are you published/closed shopped for the fake qualification that it really is, their poison of doubt and all that yester-mindset too, instead ask yourself what are you waiting for, and then give this little slot below your all by your pen so that these reader around you now can see the 3% is not up to them now, no today it's up to us instead, let them keep their are you published/closed shop rubbish then for you see it for what it really is now..."

[​IMG]
    xxxx

7. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

"Yes, let's all help Jats in his revolution and stand up against the smothering of daily life and what it demands of humans." The little mouse will make a start on it today and revolt against the supermarket mafia. "No more Two for One, Jats. No more!"

a repost then from when the little mouse felt trapped.

"... fell in the trap of the lure of 'three for two' and 'two for one'." The addictive soul of the little mouse got captured and the rucksack loaded to the max. Stood on the ledge it seemed not as heavy as her mind was burdened with a heavy load of guilt for this behaviour. "For isn't it due to humans and their insatiable need to consume, to get the deal, save money, one of the reasons their world is being consumed? Chop down the forests! Humans need to grow corn. Not to eat, but to produce bio-fuel and save the planet. Or to keep cattle to feed the lust after fast food. Mac, The King and KFC. No, no saving there, destruction is more like it," the little mouse mutters and hooks the straps over her shoulders. Then she took a light step forwards and nearly toppled over backwards. Instead she managed to find a balance. "What if humans could find that balance too. Feeding their mouths while not burdening their world. A balance which leaves room for the guilty pleasures of Western consumerism. Eventually stood, firmly packed, yet unburdened, she walked the long mile home. "See? As easy as pie," she smiled proud of herself. She cannot evade the supermarket traps, but can save in her own unnoticed way. Just walk instead of drive and buy products local instead of imported. Then her stomach growled and the weight of the rucksack pulled her down from the high she was on. "... how a grumbling stomach and an addictive mind makes a for a susceptive victim of the supermarket mafia." Once at home sat on the sofa, wine in hand and under the duvet the mouse remembers the cheese and rises to check if there's still some left. "That wine was on sale, couldn't pass on the offer. But with wine I'd want cheese which wasn't on some special action and not for the wine, the cheese wouldn't have been bought and already nearly polished off." Because again she fell in the trap of false savings and ended up spending more than she'd really had to. She knows the supermarket mafia design their traps for humans to walk into and they do so happily, like this mouse has proven. "Just some dishwasher soap, bread, and milk. That was really all they needed, instead it became an overpacked rucksack and two carrier bags. "The greed buried in every human takes over, or was it 'spend now save later' that makes them forget the only saving is found in not spending, but only buy what is truly needed." Startled by how stock piled the cupboards in the kitchen are she realises the amount of food within reach would last them weeks and nothing but milk and bread is really needed. "But that chocolate they had last night was very nice, maybe tomorrow they could get some more ...?"

[​IMG]

8. jats

jats Member

...excellent, long live the revolution then and it's small beginnings here...

Jats ignores the little begging fuckers knocking at the door of the little cottage by the canal where here in the UK Halloween is merely an imported excuse for extortion to be followed by 'a pound for the guy mister' only five days later when England celebrates the 5th of November to commemorate the planned, but botched blowing up of parliament where bonfires are lit all over the country, though not now to celebrate the survival of the king, no more likely to fund the local cricket club, pub, or school for another year as the peasants struggle to survive once more, ironically "...no while the Union holds together there will be no revolution just yet, though even then it won't be fought on the streets for how can it when you would be filmed, catalogued, gassed and labelled a terrorist, no only the young and idealistic foolish, like our kids, would be likely to take that kind of risk where maybe once one, or two of them have been beaten to death, or hit with a stray bullet will we wake from our complacent comas and stand in line with them..." Jats suggests "...though where is that line then if marching on the ring fenced capitol that we paid for with our taxes is out of bounds then, no a different kind of revolution is called for in this technological 21st century where you don't need to show your kids how to use a gun to start a revolution, just teach them how to troll the government, instead of each other then..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18404621

[​IMG]

9. Dejavu

Dejavu was all for humouring our government to where it would fail to govern should it offer "no comment". If he was not allowed to laugh in seeing how dearly people loved to think they were governed, and how desperately they fought when they felt it, he'd break down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGXyrG1szyQ"]Herb N Decay - Revolution - YouTube

10. jats

jats Member

...did someone mention the government, shhhh, I have loads of these though, but first I'm really off to Wales now...

"...did you know our government is advising all councils to put away 5% of their budgets that they have slashed, just in case 'new pressures emerge or new policies have to be funded, so there is a shared understanding of how it could be paid for' ...'new pressures' wonder what they could be then..." muses Jats thinking of the recent riots here in the UK where one of the more eloquent protesters had slipped through the media net and said in an interview, anonymously of course, 'just wait until those Atm's stop working cus there's no gold left to back it up, then they will be joining us on the streets' "...which all got me thinking, with another fuel strike round the corner here, that perhaps our lovely cuddly government know something we don't, or are they just trying to pick a fight, or something..."

[​IMG]

11. Dejavu

See you soon then jats, :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mDhD0Ohss"]Dub Rush - Silence - YouTube

12. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

repost from elsewhere, new, on word-counts

"...the number of words I write each day means little or nothing to me as they're just mere words of some wordcount whatever until they're used to good purpose somewhere across forumland..." ventured the goblin returning to topic now, continuing "...no instead, I try to complete something worthy of my pen each day without fail, that same something that I then post up for forum readership across forumland where, depending on the forum, the readership can vary form just a few readers, up to tens perhaps, right on up to hundreds, on to thousands even, all meaning nothing though, because I always remain anonymous and would gladly swap all those readers who have ever blankly read my posts to date for those few who feed me back something worthy of their pens...", so the goblin was not writing for the 3% today, no he knew that the vast majority of humanity, the other 97% then, had already turned their back on books by now, where books had become like the fat lady singing opera, a commendable sign of culture recommended for those book reading few but passing way over the heads of most people out there, smiling "...but see how forumland is a growing readership between us, just up for grabs too, where even this forum is a clear sign of how you want so much to interact now, so need I say more humans or do you feel that have I said too much already..."

[​IMG]
    xxxx

13. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

... a repost then.

"Glad to see one of the many readers on forum land discover that threads like these show the inner most self of writers who post for all to see," says the little mouse, then sips her Calvados and smiles. As a thought occurs. "But why are humans easily bored and always on the look-out for things new and undiscovered? Wanting to be the first to have seen it? And then when there's something new available they complain it's not good enough, or not to their liking and it needs some change/improvement." The mouse sits on the couch reading her old posts and notices things to improve on some while others are ready to repost and spread among her readership on forum land. The one place where readers can read bite-sized portions and find new writers, the ones who polish their work while writing live. Show the readers how an unpolished thing turns into a shining piece of prose. That is they will see if they care/dare read beyond the first sentence and follow through. Like there is a gem hidden in each and every human. Follow the live writer along her trip through forum land and find her gems. "... or even into daily life to read the books written by that same live writer, for one is easily found if one wants," says the little mouse while warming herself sitting in front of the blazing fire in the burner. "Alas, most humans are far too busy with gathering fools gold and bowing to the money god to take the time to read and appreciate the worlds spun by the imagination of writers." Nevertheless she opens her writing program and continues writing that life upon life for real life is to be shared and lived. She leans aside and feels the comfort of her company, while being fed by what she reads on forum land where she exists too.

[​IMG]

14. jats

jats Member

...that's one of my favourites already lucky...a new post from "who killed this forum" elsewhere...

"...it was me..." chuckles Jats sipping his tea as the missus does her yoga routine now, bending and stretching provocatively "...no mention again, no I never win anything it seems, though it's always interesting, the subtle poloticking and regime changes that goes on with time, passing through like grains of sand pouring through the readers hand..." as Jats apologies in advance being halfway through the Dune mini series's with metaphors and analogies swirling through his head with a myriad of pictures to choose to reflect what he sees going on now though the chameleon argues 'who killed Kenny' might be more appropriate perhaps considering some of the audience "...you are what you post you know, always, the self shines through..." Jats reminds them once more before continuing with this chosen theme then "...always schemes amongst schemes you humans, house v house, clan v clan and to your own destruction even, but not to be confused with loyalty for that is a different thing born of love, no it's power, rivalry, with lots of self hatred thrown in, so what are you going to do about it then in your isolation here, or there..." wonders Jats waking across forumland covering his tracks as always "...but there will be Freemen everywhere still, scattered everywhere, waiting to be found to fight the demons within if they haven't been seduced by power already..." as Jats continues his search for them that is growing, one by one then

[​IMG]

15. jats

jats Member

"...well Wales was lovely, the mountains still capped with snow living up to their folklore magnificently glinting in the sun and it was lovely hearing the language purring in the background as we weaved our way in and out of the Welsh eating some of their fish and chips and returning with a new truck from over the border thanks to a Welsh hill farmer supplementing his income..." as Jats raises an eyebrow at the price of lambs again now, listening to the radio and free from the clutches of dailylife for a moment, back now "...I am sure we will, and not the best of you yet I bet either, and you can do it any way you want to, their are no rules here, but 'livewriting' has you now I see, where it all makes delightful nonsense, in the end, and so a thread of your own here, there, anywhere, makes no difference, as eventually they will recognise you wherever you go anyhow..." and the chameleon steals that quote and adds grinning "...specially as they will be used to some of your words before then, and these are my views now..."

[​IMG]

16. Dejavu

"No, it's not the best of us is it," said Dejavu, thinking that if it could yet get the better of him he'd at least be there to see it do so. "If livewriting had me, I'd have it, and so yes there's something for us to make sense of then, where the end, that revolutionary idea that is always at least a means if never its own or anything elses justification, is as delightful a never-ending nonsense to us as ever." Dejavu, with our beginnings in mind, was considering starting up his own live writing thread with which things, no matter their livelihood, could, as with any live writing thread, be reeled in for the delectation of the live writers, who, with respect to dead writers, or rather with regard to their never being here, could prolong, or better, extend themselves by way of it. "I do still see the repost as both golden gift and grave danger to the livewriter" he voiced with mockominousness "where one may recall ones best at any time, though risks losing ones readers through recasting... but then we're fresher men for our bets" he added, "and in being such do better than to assess line weight to leader length, or some similarly impossible entanglement of our own making." Dejavu moved back a little on this stream to his consideration of posting a new thread, and thought of a sort of promise he'd made in the goblins own since arriving there on page thirty-three; that he'd get to achieve something he'd call home. If he didn't make it there as would seem fitting, there was nothing to lose by having a look, and even if he was to hear cries like 'viva la restitution!' or 'livewriters go home!' well, he may have nearly lost his marbles, but never his warbles. "If I do make one, I'll even make sure there's space for the mice to say they persuaded me" he decided.

[​IMG]

17. jats

jats Member

"...wow...." Jats smiles having his third tea of the morning all ready to go chop some trees down yet his pal is reaibly late, so Jats sneaks back to the slot and re-reads that post "...amazing, and 'mockominousness' too, you have made my day dej, making words up out of thin air too..." Jats chuckles knowing the chameleon will steal that in return while Jats thoughts turn to the artisan market in his shabby little market town tomorrow where there will be three or four cheese stalls and one or two meat stalls, in a row even, and so on, where one is wonderously spoiled for choce to pick and choose from, licking his lps thinking of breakfast in turn now "...the more the merrier I say..." and upon checking the chameleon see's that Jats has, on several occasions, where with other patterns on the page one gets to know ones self then

18. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

"Do open up a franchise of your own," the little mouse grins as she agrees with Jats about that great new word, which will be stolen. "Yes, and soon all a writer can do if one wants to be known is open up one itself and treat it like their beloved marketing strategies." and she chuckles while she pretends to hand out uniforms for those who dare to join. She laughs out loud and puts on that music on which she cannot not dance that shuffle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dvrir5kig"]Led Zeppelin-kashmir...the real video - YouTube

[​IMG]

19. Dejavu

"What's mine is yours as they say" said Dejavu gratefully, trusting jats and lucky to at least leave him with his life and perhaps something he could use for clothing in these dark ages where one can't go outside naked unless it's very very dark, and still even then risk arrest. With no provision but an open face, Dejavus prospects looked dim indeed. But he was alive. "Thank you live ones!"

20. jats

jats Member

...I dunno about that...

Jats returns cycling back in the dark along the tow-path back to the little cottage by the canal and opens the slot only to come across "...how did I miss this? This wasn't on the news, I would have remembered this, how the fuck did I not know about this...is there one next year? I'm going on my new bike if there is, the World Naked Bicycle Ride 2011 London, some protest about something or other, now who said protesting couldn't be fun then..." chuckles the chameleon thinking of some suitable disguise for the occasion then

[​IMG]

[​IMG]