Random Stuff

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by jats, Mar 8, 2013.

1. jats

jats Member

Jats enters then "...just a thread for random stuff where if you can't find the right thread just stick it in here then where we will be here, the chameleon and me, with a few jokes, some tales, a smattering of intellectualism, poetry and philosophy, just random see, and where anything is possible..."

[​IMG]

2. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

("...subscribed..." went the goblin)

3. naughtynicky

naughtynicky Banned

Things feel strange tonight. In the atmosphere, in me. I feel like something outside of myself is governing events. Some cosmic anomoly. Very dreamy.
    certainly not bad.
    I think this qualifies for the random thread. I like your thinking there guys. I need your thread as a mental draw for the meta..something rants I can go on. Cheers.

4. jats

jats Member

... I'll start then...

"...I haven't been sleeping well of late, well I have, but at all the wrong times, and how many times have you woke up from a dream and for a second there, you didn't quite wake at all, like the moments I have had when I am still a Knight, riding atop my horse with sword in hand and have kicked out at the attacker trying to dismount me where in reality have sent the coffee cup flying off the table across the room and*smashing on to the floor in a hundred pieces, shattered, gone, in an instant, like my dream then, for if that had not happened, I would have been there still, fighting off those demons in my head with thrust and parry in all it's glory, as if it were all so real..." begins Jats shivering from the morning chill "...and yet there are others who don't wake at all, and mop the floor, or do the dishes and other daily chores, like an old girlfriend of mine who I once found at three in the morning outside the house naked washing her car, where my initial worried concern turned to laughter after I had got her back into bed, which finally woke her from her hum drum dream and through fits of giggles I explained the cause of my mirth, yet she remembered nothing, and insisted that I was mad instead, making it all up I was, until I showed her the bowl and the cloth that she had taken out with her which I had left in the hall, after promising her 'No it's ok, I will clean it for you in the morning.....lets go back to bed, there, there, shhhhh, nothing to worry about at all'. Oh how I wish I had thought to film it..." chuckles the chameleon watching the snow gently falling to the ground here now as it was on that day too "...anyway for those that have awaken then, hold the line, stay with me..."

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8adsYbCfT-I

5. jats

jats Member

...and welcome naughtnicky too, yes perfectly random, yes it's "take what you will" here...

"...well now then, greetings humans, and so let the show begin now, with some trifles of your reality, a mere glimpse, a reflection maybe, and a few small steps on the journey to self now..." begins Jats, waking still "...roll up, roll up and step into the mirror which reflects far better than any photograph can, time to play a different game that others will dare not play, not wanting to look too deeply within see, the deal with the devil being struck long ago and for the rest, make of it what you will, though please take generously...for who can put a price on dreams then..." and so it begins now as the chameleon waits to see who wins here by it "...oh and yes the funny writing, you'll get used to it..."

[​IMG]

6. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

"Winning?" asks the little mouse. "How can one win when the ones gain is another's loss?" And she smiles thinking of how a wager always heats the blood and makes for better posts.

A repost then, just random, although if one thinks about it, it all has to do with gains and losses ...

A woman once said, “I don’t need help.” Saddened, the mouse heard this and shook her head. She thinks that every human can use a bit help in some way. If only to help understand none is an island, for at the shores is the sea lapping, taking while giving at the same time. Isn’t humanity the sea and aren’t all human fish, always on the move forward to break free? Does the one who needs no help takes from the others, even if one is not aware of his taking and doesn’t he accept it even when he says he needs no help? Help comes in many ways, often unexpected. Puts the human on its proper course out into the vast expanse of that sea called humanity, to explore and find its own path. To gain a deeper knowledge of their inner most self and win back what was lost. “I will dip my toes first before I take a swim. Test the water, before I take the plunge,” said the woman while she took the plunge into the deep.

[​IMG]

7. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

("...linked this place to a few other forums, not sure if they'd like to linked back now..." went the goblin saluting naughtynicky, saying "...well, if there's anything you don't understand, just let me know because although I probably won't understand either it'll mean that you're in very good company now...", joking apart the goblin was looking forward to what nicky would write next then)

8. jats

jats Member

...you know me, come one come all, and me too neither then while seeing some great posts Lucky, across these three threads here now, yes I always knew some of these "writers" had it in them...a repost then...

"...I went into my local library the other day, it's been a while, not since I 'saved the day', but that's another post, and the mature assistant with the well hidden pendulous breasts and the twinkle in her eye still, remembered me, as we chatted politely while handing over my 50p for a print out of a shipping label that I needed quick, my printer cartridge having run dry you see, and as I left with a smile, passing by the lonely rows of reference books, I noticed no one in there was even looking at a book let alone reading one, all eyes turned to the row of screens against the wall with someone already having taken my place for their allotted hour..." the smell of the pumpkin and chilli soup coming from the kitchen lures Jats away for a while as a big dollop is ladled out next to the waiting garlic bread ready to replace the calories burnt off in a nice and easy two hour working day "...yet people still want to read something more than the soap opera and the other tabloid that is Facetwit then, though not some boring monotonous blog, it has to be in easy bite size chunks, and most importantly interactive with the right to reply without censor, so it has to be forum-land then, where else is left, even though I agree it can be a hostile place for many of those timid writer types hiding on their writers sites bemoaning the death of the book where who knows, maybe if you leave them there long enough they might come up with something bashing away at their keyboards in infinite solitary confinement then...for me though it's live writing now, while being anonymous of course, where the facts speak for themselves, as you can see...and the fiction, well like you...I haven't a fucking clue what happens next..."

[​IMG]

9. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

Reading Jats' words the little mouse cannot do anything else but agree. "For like fiction even real life cannot be foretold, not even by the writer herself. One cannot always control ones characters like one cannot control the actions of humans in daily life."

A repost then ...

"Isn't it a shame how writers can be at a loss for words?" The little mouse asks those who answered her call. "And wouldn't it be wonderful when all writers would just write their live?" She sits and waits for words to appear on her screen from the other side, from where the writers who do not know it yet wait for their minds to come up with the words to be hammered onto their keyboard. "Not to write just a novel, or a story, but live and real." Smiling she's glad to have those two alongside of her on this adventure. "For wouldn't it be something if this livewriting thing would take on wings and give us names?" She asks and offers cups of coffee to those who come and write along. "Or tea to those who so desire." And laughing she rises to pour herself a nice Calvados.

[​IMG]

10. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

("...since my edit thread is older stuff, I thought I'd post my newest stuff on yours and luckyme's thread here..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, new, the "writing an art of traditions" thread

"...nah, I don't think any writer who didn't break form the norm is ever going to be remembered..." replied the goblin, adding "...I mean which greats are we talking about here, and didn't they always seem so different from the norm around them and from what went before, beatles, van gogh, coleridge, and shakespeare all turned their medium upside down overnight, and today we have this forumland here up for grabs between us, where I could just conjecturise till the cows pushed up daisies, but instead I'd prefer to just get on with what I'm doing, why, because if you're reading these posts and conversing like this too, it means you're not reading a book again, so it's interaction today where posters/readers like yourself want to be in on the act now...", "...look, whatever you do goblin don't mention the word panto here...." advised the slot suspecting they wouldn't understand what forum interaction was, "...ok slot, how about I just go "oh now you can't humans MYAHAHAHAHA" instead then...", which was why the goblin felt that it best to attached a youtube stream to help you writertypes, and normal people alike, better understand the nature of forum interaction here, saying "...oh yes humans, you can thank me later if your so wish to do so..."

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQhG59zqZc[/noparse]

[​IMG]
    xxxx

11. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

"Very nice post and picture, Goblin," the little mouse says but nevertheless respons with a repost. One which needed some work and still does.

"... and that is what matters indeed. One must post a steady stream of consciousness to remain their selves, to live on forever and never be forgotten, to remain grounded while going up and away, free ones self from this existence and move on to the land of imagination where the inner most self lives while daily life calls with tedious tasks and expectations laid upon one by humans and their wants and wishes." the little mouse sits on the sofa almost ready to take on that daily life and mingle with the humans. Almost but not quite for forum land must be fed and she must be fed by it. "To live forever, to never be forgotten even beyond our last post. That might well be the horror of the mind and how human imagination can be vivid enough to scare the easily frightened and feed their mind with fears already alive in the depths of those. The fear of being left behind, of being forgotten, of ending and nothing to move on to." the mouse smiles seeing this display of writerly freedom and display of word weaving. "Are those images not beautifully crafted and will your readers not be pleased to see them here?" Watching real work being done on domestic things, she is glad to be able to just sit on the couch reading these words instead of having to chop, saw and drill."… and as long as you can write words this vivid, death will never truly come upon you, for your words will live on forever and so then will you. Your footprint will not disappear, for your words will remain and be left behind for eternity. You will not be forgotten, not as long as your posts can be reposted even after the last one showing you in the words. For the inner most self will be preserved for eternity."

[​IMG]

12. jats

jats Member

...a repost then, randomly of course...

"...oh how I recognise that..." smiles Jats delighted to see those similarities mentioned while finally getting round to reading more of dear xxxx now, unable to resist commenting seeing that it's not just Jats that's utterly mad staying up until the early hours building elaborate marble mazes and carving wooden toys for the boys to discover upon their wake in return for a peaceful lie in, if lucky "...though a shared hit count is not quite the same for it's only when one strikes out on ones own in forumland does one see all of ones self upon the page which is there just waiting, as was the mother, until the son came along, and it's only when dealing with the inevitable trolls and the petty moderators that come your way that one can see all sides of ones self to be dealt with, though it's often a dangerous game, and not for the faint hearted then..." chuckles Jats unashamedly half way through a three day ban of his own making somewhere "...though I do hope you have at least learned to save these posts, somewhere safe, a little forum of your very own perhaps, for as warned, forums can close over night on a whim, even this one might, with hard drives being notoriously unreliable too, and where would your son go then to really know his mother one day when he wants to, or needs to then, yes this story could never end..." chuckles Jats having just tucked his lot up after another day of*being shot at as they searched for more cracks in his armour then

[​IMG]

13. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

jats:
    Strange Dejavu hadn't seen this thread yet, but now he'd awoken to it, here he was. He'd come to it randomly... by chance... as though fated to... thinking why can't these excellent livewriterish ones stick together, they all want their own thread! It's as though their proliferation has gotten the better of them and they know no conquering without division... He wondered if when he was a big grown-up livewriter like they were he'd have amassed so much of his journey in words that he too would repost it. No way, said his self, don't do it Dejavu, art is forever too short of lifes elixir a la gonlevity not to mix your records into oneanother.

14. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

"No, we merely wander around free across forumland and join each other, replying when called for while the inner self needs to be let out on its own too. That story each of us has stored in their inner most self which needs its own voice and needs not be hidden but stand alone while the reader ship sails past and feeds us while we feed them." The little mouse laughs for she knows she is very competitive. "... and not to mention the fun in seeing whose thread is viewed more trying to match the amazing reader ship the goblin has gathered on his journey. So, yes and no. No divide and conquer like in ancient times, but rather spread and reach more readers." The little mouse smiles at Dejavu and Jats. "Very nice to see both of you also in my thread, like I'm always glad to encounter the goblin too. Who knows one day the whole of forumland could be filled with the likes of us." And laughing she rises to get herself another coffee while bacon rolls are being made and fill the house with delicious smells.

[​IMG]

15. Dejavu

Dejavu could have sworn this was jats's's thread, but he wasn't going to get into an argument with such a competitive mouse. "That's just typical!" he typed, while trying to come up with ulterior motives a mouse would be masking by going forth and multiplying. "I'll get my own thread if I have to then, and sit in it all by myself and feed on dictionaries if I get bored" he threatened, desperately fishing within his inner thingy, whatever it was, from where he was supposed to draw the next line, yet everything seemed so random. He'd hold this one here with jats anyway until it came to him. "Now that's making up ones mind!" he said, seeing that his posting wasn't over and that reposting would be the most anti-social act of his livewriting life.

16. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

The little mouse grins as she reads how Dejavu contemplates of starting his own livewriting thread. "Yes, please do so and then venture out onto other forums too. And this is Jats' thread indeed." The little mouse winks and laughs as she alters her post making Dejavu's answer seem ... For even a little mouse cannot be fully trusted especially not one who can be found in many a place and she scurries off to her own thread.

[​IMG]

17. Dejavu

"Oh, don't do that! It's fine in repostings, but... oh never mind, make me look mad then!" said Dejavu, thinking that from now on he'd better quote the mouse into his posts. "Yes, that's what I'll do. Live all the way through these livewritings. Love freely, but let the mice-like take my trust as they can, the crumbs!" ;-D

18. Dejavu

Then?

Repo stead of this self same galaxy far far awa... king

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olA3AaodsnA"]REMARC ice cream n syrup [hard mix] - YouTube

19. _luckyme_

_luckyme_ Member

The little mouse laughs out loud as she reads, twice in a short, short span of time, how it has gotten to Dejavu and how he must follow. "An itch to scratch? Tickled, eh?"

A new post then specially for that final destination, or an ...

"To reach that final destination, or to try and reach it while one should really not even try. Isn't that what caused, at least that is what certain humans believe is the reason, for them to be cast out of that final place or beginning of all? But was it that and would it helped if ..." the little mouse smiles as she thinks of the original sin and all that followed.

[​IMG]

20. jats

jats Member

"...I do apologise..." chuckles Jats "...starts a thread and then just fucks off. Sorry, daily life claws and Wales calls again...must dash..."

[​IMG]