In the Heart of the Sublime (20mg 2C-B Report)

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by SinisterBotanist, Mar 7, 2013.

1. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

20mg 2C-B alone in my bedroom, with music, candles, my laptop, and art
    Previous psychedelic experiences: LSD on multiple occasions and psilocybin, 2C-I, 4-HO-MiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, and 2C-B all once.

I went into this experience without a lot of intention, only openness. Whatever it was I was going to feel I wanted myself to experience it fully without fear. My previous experience with 2C-B was glorious. The setting was the exact same. I'm interested in the emotional and aesthetic enhancement offered by these drugs, and what insight they could give for creativity, philosophy, or simply life in general. I prefer to avoid the “mind-fuck” variety of psychedelics and want to maintain a clear head, so 2C-B had immediately become a favorite. While I have had the pleasure of experiencing myself as the godhead with psilocybin, I'm more interested in the more down to earth psychedelics and empathogens.

I await the drug's effects by practicing piano. About an hour in, I noticed myself becoming really involved performing Debussy's Children's Corner Suite for an imaginary audience, and this was the first sign that the night would be filled with delights.

I sat on my bed with my trusty book of Monet's art. I was entering familiar territory. The emotional character of 2C-B was becoming evident. It's a whimsical, sensual carefree sort of feeling. I am confident is best alluded to as a strawberry cheesecake Blizzard from Dairy Queen but for about five hours. And Jesus Christ, it is a horny Blizzard. This image, found in my Monet book, is quite an accurate description of the feeling.

[​IMG]
    gosh just look at how horny those chrysanthemums are

I decided I wanted to watch Harry Potter. I was utterly convinced in the existence of magic and pondered the paradox of a universe “governed” by magical forces. The visuals became too distracting from the emotional component, which was what I was interested in. The multidimensional facets of Dumbledore's face were unsettling. I never experienced visuals like these before. There wasn't patterning, but everything seemed to be made of a thick organic goo that behaved like jello. It was very similar to the visual effects of the film Waking Life except with more flow.

So I made my way on my bed and turned on some music. Wow. The harmonies, timbre, rhythms, and melodies all collided into one magnificent synesthetic experience. Not only would the music be seen in my mind's eye as a wave or pattern of color, my body also had a component that would dance with the music. I started many interpretive fantasies. I listened to a number of Ravel piano pieces, Jeux d'eau in particular was magic. The softer acoustic Led Zeppelin songs such as “That's The Way,” “Going to California,” and “The Rain Song” fit the emotional character of 2C-B very well.

I actually was the music. I feel all the sadness and joy of melodies fully. There is no question about what the composer is trying to express though his music, as I am experiencing it directly. Music seems to be a program used to explore the wide range of emotional experiences a human can experience. I now fully understand what Carl Jung meant when he said that music puts you in direct contact with the archetypes.

Stravinsky's Dumbarton Oaks turned me on. A lot. As did his Danses Concertantes. With Stravinsky, I'd see colorful pointillistic landscapes, especially in the more rhythmic pieces. The sexual aspect of this compound... wow.. this is what I've been wanting to experience! The aesthetic and emotional aspect of the psychedelic experience is always what has interested me, more so than dissolving my ego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCU4DNlRe54"]Igor Stravinsky, Dumbarton Oaks Concerto - I - YouTube
    Stravinsky had to have been horny when he wrote this.

I have never felt so erotic, sensual, or alive in my whole life. At this point, I ponder what my limits are. Just because I am capable, with the help of 2C-B, to experience this, does that mean that I should? I mean, it isn't meth, yet what is the value of such an experience, if anything, outside of itself? In my daily life I readily seek out aesthetic experiences through art and music. Yet here, I am at the artist's paradise and I do not know what to make of it intellectually. What is the point of art at all, outside of itself? I eventually let my thoughts drown in the beats of the music and get lost into a landscape of synesthetic sensations.

I wish it were possible for me to describe how remarkable my orgasms were; I can't. Ann Shulgin comes quite close in the 2C-B entry in PiHKAL, “unbelievably erotic, quiet and exquisite, almost unbearable. I cannot begin to unravel the imagery that imposes itself during the finding of an orgasm. Trying to understand physical/spiritual merging in nature-”

After about three hours of music listening with accompanied sexual exploration, I decided to wind down the trip with a bath. As one would expect, it felt magnificent. The bath was lit by only two candles so the textures of the water and soap blended with the flames.

During this trip, I often tried to intellectually justify what I was experiencing. I could not explain how or why a melody that has always moved me in everyday consciousness now had the capacity to send me to superb, heavenly places. Why did I need a drug to do that? Did the writer of this melody know of this place? Does this change anything whatsoever about aesthetics at all? I pondered the idea of heaven, as I certainly felt to be there. It certainly is a much higher pleasure than anything either of my parents have experienced I know for sure, and for that I feel sad for them, yet they could not accept something so divine to be given so easily, and would claim it be the path of the devil, and in a certain way it is.

I've found that it is best not to make a dichotomy of sober/tripping experiences. I can have mind-blowing aesthetic experiences with or without the aid of a psychedelic, so I think it is best to abandon the idea that I experienced such beauty only because of a drug.

I remembered Sasha Shulgin himself saying that our ancestors who were tripping balls would be so enamored with the colors of a saber-tooth tiger would have gotten eaten! So our capacity for such experiences are here, but we no longer have the psychedelic chemical produced endogenously. So long as I am not putting myself into the context of danger, I likely will continue to use these chemicals and I am forever grateful for Sasha for exploring these chemicals.

The capacity to have such lush experiences of what seems to be heaven is within us, catalyzed potentially with 2C-B and similar psychedelics. I am curious about what this might mean for art, if anything at all. Perhaps there is no need to think over the crazy amount of pleasure I experienced that night, after all, for what reasons does wood pattern in the way it does?

“Life is not a mystery to be solved, it is a reality to be experienced.”-Van Der Leeuw

2. Syd222

Syd222 Member

Great report thx! Now I want to get some 2CB ^^

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Quality Trip Report! The aesthetic and emotional aspects of psychedelics is one of the most sought after effects for me with psychedelics. I relate to the 'interpretive fantasies' that 2cb can elicit corresponding to music, also the whimsical and carefree nature of the trip.

It's been awhile since I've done 2cb but your choice of the softer Zeppelin acoustics sort of took me there for a minute, I'd enjoy to come across some 2cb as well.

4. thismoment

thismoment Member

Yes, wonderful report. Thanks.

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

you really captured the 2cb trip very well! the painting of the flowers is just what the visuals look like. the musical effects - spot on. i associate those more strongly with 2ce though (prob just b/c i experienced 2ce 1st).

i'm jealous that you get such effects from 20 mg. it takes me about twice as much, but i can tell 20 mg is def enough to do the trick for you :)

what was your other dose of 2cb?
    i'd be interested in what you had to say about 4-ho-mipt as well (i've not tried it yet).

the idea of taking drugs and masturbating to classical music for 3 hours is pretty hilarious :)

you had some great quotes in there too, like

"for what reasons does wood pattern in the way it does?"

6. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

Thanks guys :)
    My dose the first time I used 2C-B was 17mg. The only difference was this time there were more visuals and horniness.

What can I say? Stravinsky just turns me on XD There were a few moments where I told myself "I am jerking off, rolling around in my bed, to classical music on a Wednesday night," and that made me laugh really hard. But hey I listened to some electronic music as well, Flying Lotus was particularly good. the part from 2:18 onward in this song was fucking mindblowing. Same goes for Tame Impala.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DgAhgmpXNA"]Flying Lotus - me Yesterday//Corded - YouTube

I never bothered to write a report for my only 4-HO-MiPT trip because it ended up being sort of a bummer because I took it at a party and that, as you can see, isn't my style lol. Not much happened then aside from a trippy feeling in my body and hints at visuals. I think I took 15mg.

7. Fribzytamine

Fribzytamine Banned

damn is the 2cb im getting horrible this is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing all this awesomeness!

8. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

HipForums continues to amaze...

Never thought this would be the place I would ever come across someone who had even HEARD of Dumbarton Oaks, much less another fan.

SB I did not know you were a musician. Me, too. I LOVE Stravinsky beyond everything...

9. tastyweat

tastyweat Member

Great report, I understand completely Ann Shulgin's quote. The erotic aspects of 2C-B are unparalleled.

10. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I play piano too and Debussy is one of my favorite composers :) my favorite works of his are La Mer, Prelude a L'Apres Midi d'un Faune, L'Isle Joyeuse and Dances Sacree et profanes. Those are orchestral though, for piano there's a whole slew that are amazing ... right now i'm leaning Danseus de Delphes, a simple, sublime piece.

Thanks for reminding me about Monet. My last 2c-b trip I looked at Van Gogh, impressionists in general are incredible on psychedelics, though I tend to save those for 2c-b and instead look at surreal art like Dali and Magritte.

Two of my favorite Zep songs :) Rain song is my absolute fave

I haven't heard that quote but that is quite apt. Freud said that "dreams are the royal road to understanding the unconscious" . . . but he didn't know about psychedelics :)

I'm only familiar with his Rite of Spring. I will explore more of this musician, thanks. This compound can indeed be overwhelmingly erotic . . . I remember my first time I just lay in bed and writhed around like a worm, every tuft of fiber on my bed sheet touching me felt like a sexual act performed by a gifted lover . . .

What is the value of a rose? This is fundamental philosophy of life/art.

Are you so positive that there is anything that intellect has to say in the domain of art, at it's most prime root? I don't mean talking about art, that is obviously intellect, I mean art itself, the primal expression of humanness.

Art pour l'Art!

And once you lost the filter of intellect to judge and question your experience, you simply experience, and live :)

I can't begin to unravel the imagery either . . . colors, explosions of form and meaning, propulsion of ecstasy . . .

This is something I have struggled with too. It is good to consider that, as people like you, I, and others on this forum and out there, we have experienced states of human being that an unimaginably small percent of humanity has experienced. Even looking at our parents and peers, many of them have not experienced a fraction of the ecstasy and aesthetic splendor that we have. How is this so? How can this be changed?

-Buddha

11. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

Neaaaaat. I haven't investigated much of his orchestral work but I know the Faun is absolutely profound. I'm actually not so great of a pianist, but as I get better I'm going to tackle loads of Debussy and Ravel.

Jung didn't know about psychedelics either but he's gone basically the same places we have. Take a look at his Red Book! Jung basically underwent a sort of mystical psychosis filled with fantasies and the Red Book is a documentation of that whole trip. It also helped him refine his psychological concepts. It's something worth investigating. A lot of the art in the Red Book is really beautiful.

Ah! Art has all to do with the raw experience. It's of the heart and not at all about the head.

I am just grateful that I experienced such a thing. It nearly seems like something from a fairy-tale to me. Eat this magic fruit, and enjoy the splendor of heaven! The fact that such a magical place actually exists and can be explored is astounding. And it's a shame cultures are losing sight of it. Jungians, I think, call it Dionysian ecstasy.

Hah! I've read that little Zen passage before, it was actually one of my favorites for a while. It gets at the humor and playful philosophy of life I try to embody.

Yay! Stravinsky's whole sense of music fits me so well. I'm actually a bassoonist, though. :)

12. porkstock41

writer, i never knew you played piano. do you play while tripping ever? never saw it in one of your trips reports.
    how about playing the bassoon tripping, SB?

i have Prelude to the afternoon of a fawn bookmarked since writer posted it on my HF wall. i remember giggling quite a bit to that song, not sure if i was on 2cb or lsd tho

13. porkstock41

really good trip report that deserves a bump.

also, i wanted to comment on how differently these chemicals affect each of us....or at least how our stashes of certain chemicals differ in potency.

SB trips this hard from 20 mg 2cb, whereas i would need almost twice as much to get similar effects.

now that i've tried 4-ho-mipt...i think that one affects me more strongly than SB. i've taken 15 mg with more than a hint of trippiness in my body and hints of visuals. i've found 4-ho-mipt to be quite potent actually.

14. tastyweat

tastyweat Member

Hard to compare without knowledge of batch :)

15. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

it really does affect each person differently and i'm not sure its always because of tolerance because i know sometimes it takes a bit more than most people for some chems (w/ no tolerance), but some chems it seems to take less. i've also had some trips where i was just affected either way more, or less than i expected for the dose and this could be because of the potency/purity of the batch/dose but i'm not sure thats the only factor. i think your mentality can actually affect this as well possibly.

i enjoy some casual art sometimes while trippin, i usually go into it thinking its not gonna end up serious and then it does and i realize i should have used real drawing paper instead of printer paper