Does pressing kief affect potency?

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 3, 2013.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I was reading that by pressing it you are bursting the resin glands and affecting the potency. But it's a pain to transport unless you do, and you still have a product that gets you stoned so this is why hash is made. So if you are just collecting extra using a keif box or grinder and not trying to move it its best to just leave it loose.

Anyone else heard this?

2. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

I doubt that's true. THC won't just evaporate because the trichomes are broken.

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

No it doesn't lose potency. Trichs will lose potency over time as the THC decays to CBN, but it doesn't matter how compressed they are.

Kief makes good edibles and is very easy to work with. In Morocco, keif is what they call the unpressed trichomes mixed with tobacco, which is how the locals smoke it.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Skip.

I was wondering because I have a new kief box with a 70 micron screen which is supposed to be full melt quality so I want to make sure I keep it as dank as possible.

5. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

Kief is made from the MALE buds which are very low in THC
    but very HIGH in nutritional value, we made hemp milk from these buds
    [fresh] ... anyways Moroccans didn’t call anything mixed with tobacco KEIF
    [if they did they were wrong, but I learned in Morocco that Kief is the Sperm]
    it was the [little] resins and/or just male flowers pressed into a hash looking substance, which many people complained didn’t get them high.
    Kief isn’t about getting high, its high nutrition, like hemp-seed oil, almost nil THC.
    Kief is "Cannabis Sperm" it is the testicles of the plant which appear as little greenish balls filled with yellowish powder which is the Sperm/Pollen, these break open and wind pollinates the female flowers.
    Flower Power = Maria Juanita = Mary Jane= Virgin Mary = Virgin Tears
    Hashish is made from Sinsemilla buds that CRY virgin tears
    of resinous THC laden gum when NOT fertilized.
    The Pollen balls have a dry texture and hence no gummy texture and can be pressed but dont press well, Kief is most commonly presented as a greenish yellow powder.
    It really doesn’t get you high, and that’s not its purpose for those who know.
    I prefer Kief to THC-Buds and it has a very milky flavor.
    Kief should be eaten fresh.
    The nutrition is beyond compare and it heals many illnesses.
    Few people know anything about Kief anymore since buds no longer contain seeds which are hoarded by growers in monopolistic Cannabis Cartels, of which I live in the capitol on Vancouver Island, we won the Cannabis Cup over 8 years, and seeds are traded amongst cultivators for sex favors and such but their sale is restricted and very expensive.
    I've seen seeds sold for $140.oo a piece.
    In the 1970s Mexican Pot was loaded with seeds, but then Humboldt University got into engineering species and Skunk Buds knocked Mexican off the market.
    In the 1980s under Reagan Humboldt was swarmed with military killing off the growers, and cultivation moved to BC Canada where the courts actually encourage cultivation.
    Kief is now almost unheard of because the money is on the Kind buds which have no seeds.

Im unsure what youre calling Kief but it doesnt sound correct, based on what we learned in the 60s. I smpked Keif once [Moroccan] and didnt like it.
    Then when I was growing I ate the Male Pods and had perhaps the most exhilerating effect of my life, a high without intoxication.

Recently [post fukushima] the publication of studies done on removing radiation from the body put RAW cannabis [Kief] at the top. Its other medical qualities are more mind blowing than getting stoned.

to answer the quest`ion
    no
    pressing wont affect the little potency kief has
    and will help preserve it
    kief can be pressed raw
    but it crumbles
    crumbles more if dried

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=male+buds+kief&oq=male+buds+kief&gs_l=hp.3...2193755.2199554.1.2200465.14.14.0.0.0.0.291.2218.0j13j1.14.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.5.psy-ab.tnm_nLUaSd8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.b2I&fp=b31d091d2e9bcf1d&biw=1093&bih=520

tobacco in ancient times was called ''the helper'' as it accentuates effects of other psychtropic plants, but we all dont smoke tobacco, it can kill a non-user.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...75,d.b2I&fp=b31d091d2e9bcf1d&biw=1093&bih=520

6. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

the "kief" he is referring to is the trichomes and small plant material that falls through a screen in a common grinder.......from female plants.

7. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

THAT isnt real kief
    its screen hash

keif must be male
    as you quoted in my post

it doesnt do much good to know things anymore cause yougn ppl arent interested in truth

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It does needless damage, and does change the potency a teeny bit.

But it doesn't matter so much.

The BEST hash is just loose kief, strained very finely.

But it's very inconvenient to work with. Go for it, press it.

I used to save up a reasonable amount and press a little hash stash, because smoking loose kief loses so much and doesn't work very well.

9. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

3407LOVE:

It is not "truth". It is just a word. It is wonderful that male flowers provide health benefits. That should be known and publicized, if true. Whether or not such product is called "kief" is irrelevant. The term has changed over time and as it migrated through different geographical locations, and strata of the stoner culture. Weed is a worldwide phenomenon and is done by people of every race, age, and socioeconomic status. But it is also a subculture that has less access to culture-unifying technologies like mass media. OF COURSE terms will change over the years. Not everyone who smokes sweet Mary Jane is a weed-linguist or -anthropologist. What you call "screen hash" is now known by every single stoner I've ever met as "kief".

Personally, I found your first post fascinating. Lots of good cannabis knowledge in there.

10. Bud D

Bud D Member

I never heard of males being used for their glands.....not in any country.

Lot's of people like unpressed, good stuff clumps anyhow. I like pressed hash, it will not spill and it's easy to cut off a dose.

11. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Kief, keef or kif or keif (sometimes kef) refers to the resin glands (or trichomes) of cannabis which may accumulate in containers or be sifted from loose dry cannabis buds with a mesh screen or sieve. Kief contains a much higher concentration of psychoactive cannabinoids, such as THC, than other preparations of cannabis buds from which it is derived. Traditionally kief has been pressed into cakes as hashish for convenience in storage and shipping, but can be vaporized or smoked in its powder form.[1]
    According to the Oxford dictionary the word "kif" derives from Arabic: كيف kayf, meaning well-being or pleasure.[2]

12. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

apparently so

Well im not known for making things up, yes the science has been done, with internet anyone would find this research.

so to clarify
    keif is a word that 35 yrs ago was exclusively for male buds

and yes its highly medicinal but I don't want to back-engineer my reading

read on ...

13. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

I rofled at this def even more:

http://keef.urbanup.com/254637