do you believe in astrology? which ones?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by AngelPeacenlove, Feb 24, 2013.

1. AngelPeacenlove

AngelPeacenlove Member

i am the stars

2. AngelPeacenlove

AngelPeacenlove Member

also do you think i can get a pos rep.? :)

3. systemroot

systemroot Member

As someone who is way into astronomy I am unsure why people would limit themselves to something like astrology. a star is a star and its position in the sky shoud not tell me how i should be for the day.

4. AngelPeacenlove

AngelPeacenlove Member

agree with you. sometimes i get bored and pretend i believe in astrology. it does pass the time reading all the different descriptions of signs lol

5. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

I'm not convinced that astrology is real. It just doesn't seem possible that stars and planets can determine your personality. That said, I looked into my own sign (Scorpio) and was surprised how well it described my personality. Not to a T but I'd say about 90-95% of it was accurate. However, I'm sure there are other people with the same sign that are nothing like that. I do know that some of modern psychology is rooted in astrology so it's not a completely useless subject.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

7. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Actually I beg to differ. Most horoscopes are so generic that you usually get 90-95% supposed accuracy with "signs".

But I don't take Astrology seriously at all other than it's uses to make small talk and make references to it when flirting here and there. But overall, with that one exception, I do think it is a useless subject and very dangerous if one is intending to use horoscopes as a method of determining healthy or unhealthy relationships.

And no psychology is completely different from astrology, do not mix the two together saying they have some kind of synergy, they don't.

8. Rebimond

Rebimond Member

Correct. :daisy:

9. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

Carl Jung would disagree with you. and yes, I'm aware that there is a forer effect when it comes to astrology. However, I'm open to the idea that there are some bits of truth in it, even if the concept as a whole is flawed.

10. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I agree with your latter statement but again the "bits of truth" validating a larger concept such as astrology, is what I consider a dangerous notion.

Take the bits of truth you see, and make a new concept or theory but do not use them to justify the old.