Rainbow family in Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Easy_Cure, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Easy_Cure

Easy_Cure Member

Is there any rainbow family in Kentucky? I heard a rumor that there was a group in jackson county.

2. busmama

busmama go away

There definantly was family in KY I don't know exactly where you are at. But I know there were a couple farms out there. I would suggest starting with the Om Valley family, there is a light line OM Valley Rainbow 513-956-1675. I know a few families who lived at these farms from om valley, but don't really know what is up right now this was a few years ago.

3. MirakulouslyDead

MirakulouslyDead Member

what part are you at Easy?

4. Easy_Cure

Easy_Cure Member

Eastern Kentucky.

5. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Yeah. EarthHeart, or EarthHeart Mountain, or something like that? OM Valley and Cumberland Families were major powers back in the mid-90s, but for whatever reason, things sort of fell apart a few years back. Maybe with an East Coast National next year, somebody from Cincy or Lexington or somewhere in the Ohio Valley will ger focused on Focalizing again...

6. OutdoorWoman

OutdoorWoman Member

Whats up? There is family in Ironton, OH which is near Ashland, Ky. I live in Ashland so I know a few kids. We were a lot more active and hung out a lot in the Wayne National Forest a few years back and had drumcircle, but most of us are doing individual things at the time. There is a farm where some family are located that still has drumcircles and sweatlodges from time to time. I actually have been thinking of contacting his family to see if one could be done sometime while im home this month for christmas... so maybe something cool may happen this month, on a very small scale. The Cumberland family is more active, or were before I took a job in Wisconsin... so Im unsure what is up there. They usualy do a gathering with the Katuah family (they are further south). Where in Eastern KY are you?

7. angelalterations

angelalterations Guest

We are looking to become part of the Rainbow Family. Presently we are located in the Hillsboro Ohio , Greenfield Ohio area. Being here has been a burden on us . Unable to find anyone with the same ideals we have. Being free spirited, nature loving and of the hippie nature , people tend to shy away from us. We recently moved to the area , having no friends ,family, has been tough
    .... if anyone can help i would be grateful...

8. Merry_Prankster

Merry_Prankster Guest

If there is any updated info. on family in Kentucky, I'd be interested for sure!!
    Please post any information here. Luvin you!!

9. RedKush-420

RedKush-420 Member

im here lol

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

11. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I attended some OM Valley gatherings in KY circa 1999-2003 or so but they had/have concensus to never post about their events electronically except via a now defunct lightline. We mostly had regionals in Dan Boone Forest and potlucks around Cincy. I have lost touch with them though and dunno if they still do anything.

12. Spirit420

Spirit420 Guest

Also in Kentucky looking for some solid fam to work, grow, learn and love with. Three of us willing to work our asses off and take care of others...

13. Bud D

Bud D Member

I went to a Kentucky regional in the early 2000's. There was a piece of cardboard that we were putting our ino on. Nobody ever contacted anyone, as far as I know. Been in Irontown bck then as well. Seems not much goes on, in Ohio or Kentucky. There is not a lot of National Forest land, where I am. I live in Wooster.

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Not what is meant by Rainbow family here.
    It's a tribal group that meets at least annually to pray for world peace.

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

On facebook is oh, ky, wva group. I'm kinda excited there's more talk of paddle creek. That' supposed to be near ironton. I've been tryin 2 build annual rainbo trail frm new river or little kanawha river vicinites allway to shawnee. Paddle creek vicinity is betw these.