Anyone care to read my chart?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by ThePoetSappho, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Our3Minds

Our3Minds Member

Everything I talk about can be learned from many sources but one site that I think that does a good job of describing the language of astrology is: www.cafeastrology.com

I think the 5 personal Planets w/the Asc (Sun, Mercury, Moon, Venus, mars & Asc) can speak volumes about whats going on inside of us.

There's so many way to look at a chart. You can start with the Elements (Fire. Earth, Air, and Water) of those six areas: With your chart the 3 Gemini Air Signs jump right out at me, saying you like to analyze what's going on around you, giving you a critical eye and perhaps voice. Add in your Sagittarius Asc and you will have an adventurous (All Fire Signs do) nature, needing to be on the go and with sag you also have a need to be inspiring to others. Gem and Sag (being opposites) have in common that critical eye for knowledge. Both are the teachers of the Zodiac and they have a need to share what they have learned. The water Sign Pisces is in Mars (our drive) so yours will be a dreamy type of ability to get things started. And all 3 of those Signs belong to the Mutable group of Signs, which means they don't stick with things like the Fixed Signs do.

Then there's your Capricorn moon all stuck in the Earth in your first house. Earth Signs bring structure to our personalities and this goal orientated Sign is what makes you organized and so authority like in the way you come off to others.

I also have learned that the Planets can be symbolized as having different functions in us (truth is - these functions are part of us, that you will soon identify as you dig deeper into the characteristics of the Signs that are in your chart):

The Sun can be seen as having Leo-like (it rules Leo) traits in us: Whatever Sign we have in our Sun will be how we need to be like and admired, how that part of us will want to be the center of attention. This part in us is our Individual Self, how we want to be identified, e.g. I am a carpenter, a salesmen, a father, a daughter. Astrologers say this part of us is the fathering part of us, always working to provide a better future for the whole of our being. This is the "I" in - me, myself and I. Your Gemini Sun, I believe is too changeable to really settle for any one identity, You will always change who "i" is.

I believe Mercury works closely with our Sun Sign - it's always within one Sign either way in a chart. Yours is in Gemini the same as your Sun so they will work well together (same minded). Mercuries function has to do with our ability to rationalize life. Its our mind and your Gemini mind should be quick and witty, giving you a deeper understanding of how things (man or machine) work - depending what interests you at the time.

The Sign we have for our Moon Sign is how we manage the other parts of our being, it is the Mothering function in us. Cancer-like in it's function: inwardly nurturing and caring. This is our emotional side. Your emotions are Capricorn based, expressing the Feelings from your Sag Ascendant and the Thoughts of your Gemini Sun. Cap can be pretty stoic and responsible in how it will take care of the expression of the rest of you, of course you'll have to deal with the critical natures of Sag and Gem.

Mars and Venus go hand in hand: hate and love, desire and enjoyment, passion and value are some words to describe this part of us. Mars id=s our drive, the energy we put forth. With an intellectual Pisces in your Mars you will not be very driven - your Capricorn moon will give you that energy. Pisces are dreamy and also empathetical to their surroundings so I don't see it giving you much drive towards life, kinda laid back, waiting for it to come to you. I have Pisces Mars and Venus and I believe because I have the sensual Taurus Rising that my Mars and Venus are more focused on pleasures and such. (I also am exploring the idea that our Mars and Venus are like "book-ends" throughout our lives (they are on both sides of the Earth: As a child we live through the traits of our Asc and Mars and Venus energies work with our Asc Sign. After Puberty we start showing traits of our Moon Sign, having more dealings with the relationships in our lives. The traits of our Mars and Venus will help (or Hurt) our efforts here just like they do as we start gaining use of our Sun Sign traits after age 29.

The last area I look at is our Rising Sign (Asc.). This part of us is the Personal Self, a more feeling side of us that is more intuitive to life, Aries-like. Aries traits show us that they are all about themselves. selfish and show a "me first" type of character. This side of us needs to be appreciated by others - show me the love. Your Sag Asc may not have much difficulty but it's way of doing things will be more important over others. Sag also has a tendency to be irresponsible - let others take care of that I'm busy examining the world around me.

This is you in a nutshell - one thing that will affect the choices you will make is based on the environment and experiences you've had throughout your short life. The struggles you've had with siblings, parents and others has left it's mark on your character - good or bad their influences will affect how you develop through your Sign traits and the abilities you will be capable to attain.

3. Driftwood Gypsy

wow, thanks so much for the reading! You got me pretty well. Regarding the part about your ascendent affecting you after puberty; before, I was a pretty typical Gemini, and it wasn't until I was about 22 or so that my Caprpicorn Moon came out. You also mentioned the irresponsibility of Sag, let others take care; I have to admit, pretty spot on.
    I am pretty laid back; I let life come to me.
    Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

4. Our3Minds

Our3Minds Member

Perhaps there was much Gemini influence from family as you were growing up. We usually have parents and siblings with similar signs that we emulate.

5. Driftwood Gypsy

My mom is a Leo Sun but I've never had much of a relationship with her, and I know nothing about my father.
    I was just a very energetic, hyper child; my Gemini Sun and Sagittarius Rising were apparent.

6. rahu

rahu Member

HI ThePoetSappho

hmm poet is an understatement. you are amazingly psychic and live on the astral plane .this gives prophetic dreams. astral/vivid dreams and the likelyhood that you communicate with intimates in your dreams.
    quite amazing.

it may be that you are also subject to "nightmares" or "seeing" the darkside.
    never allow fear to enter as it is only a means to mislead you.

of course the problem is that others may think you are crazy at times and likely you have questioned your own sanity . but you know you see the truth , it is just that "Reality" tries to block your light.

there is a asteriod sappho. i think it is # 80 on the astro.com list. you might put this into your chart and see how it affects you

rahu

7. Driftwood Gypsy

wow. thank you for your insight, I really appriciate it. You were spot on. would you mind reading my husband's chart as well?
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=466744&f=41
    Thank you, namaste

8. rahu

rahu Member

this chart is similar to yours in terms of psychic potency.here though desire and light are together.this can be extremely favorable or accussed as vibrations and energies are attracted spontaneously from birth. the astral is the pathway and does not discriminate between good and evil.

of course the sexual/physical charm is immense.sensitive ,passionate seemingly transparent in thoughts.but early in his life love and hate brought him out of childhood. confusion as to fight or flee as the formative power of his visions brought arrogance or mental collapse.

rahu

9. Driftwood Gypsy

Wow, you're really spot on, both ways. thank you!!!

10. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

amazing

11. jakeflamingau

jakeflamingau Guest

Getting to know about self and others makes to enjoy the unique personality.