Spoiled by a medical state

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by unfocusedanakin, Jan 23, 2013.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Enjoying three types of hash from a recent harvest.

Wish I could share with my fellow hash lovers.

From top to bottom earwax, bubble, and scissor. The earwax is especially good, I am super baked.

View attachment 50812

2. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

enjoy the trip:sifone:

3. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

gotta love harvest time...have fun
    i,m puffin on some good bud i grew.

i also have a few big bags of trim i should make bubble hash with.

and i,m gearing up for the outdoor season, didn,t put em out yet though
    and good thing were getting a frost tonight, then this weekend it,s on.

4. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

I know I'm a little behind the ball here, but hey its a slow moving forum...

Anyways those look pretty nice, especially the wax...

I've been into oil for the past year or so, I make my own. I even ordered a custom blown glass tube for the process... I love doing runs with different strains, seeing the different characteristics of the oil, the different consistencies (shatter, oil, taffy-ish), the different smells and tastes, the feeling of the thick expanding smoke filling your lungs, the instant headrush... I love it all, especially the process of making it.

However I have found oil to be a little impractical... It's way too easy to end up passing out, or fall into a state of extreme couch-lock for about 4 hours or so. I've experimented with making oil out of some of the more pure Sativa strains but it didn't make a huge difference in terms of burnout/couchlock, likely because when you get into such high cannabinoid concentrations it's practically unavoidable to some extent. Lately I've been combating this with extra large coffee with a double shot of espresso... does the trick for an hour or an hour and a half.

Lately I've been sticking to bubble-hashes though, and really only doing oil dabs at night a few hours before bed or on days when I've got nothing to do but sit around and I'm in the mood to get extra loaded. My main contention with oil as a day time smoke is that I LOVE to read. I'm an avid reader and probably read a book every 3-5 days or so, I usually spend at least 2-3 hours a day reading and sometimes way more. And it's just too hard for me to smoke oil and be able to read a book for any extended period of time... I find it hard to recall the things I've read just a few pages prior, and I also have to concentrate super hard on each line of text because I get so baked I have to use a bunch of energy to sort of channel my concentration onto just the one task at hand (reading) and I think in some way cannabis delineates your conscious and attentive mind. This is an awesome effect and opens you up to whole new worlds of ideas and possibilities, but when you're doing something that requires very linear attention (like reading) it can become somewhat of a hindrance... and I read primarily non-fiction science and philosophy and pharmacology stuff so it's not like its always a light and easy read.

5. ezpatterson1169

ezpatterson1169 Guest

I think its funny the original poster listed "scissor" hash. haha. Do u also enjoy finger hash you peel off latex gloves? I used a bowl trimmer one harvest and after running 10-15lbs I would scrape the bowl and yeild nearly a half oz of melty hash. It was just like scissor hash. I have been spoiled by a med state too. ur first season in Oregon people say you are a transplant getting Oregonized. lol.

coffee keeps me up on heavy dabber days too. Some stimulants are a nice mach when u grabadabagoo too.

6. unfocusedanakin

Yeah, that scissor hash was good, but I have really gotten in BHO that last few months. It's getting a bad name thanks to the media and idiots who don't make it outside, but I still think it's safe and great way to get super stoned. :)

7. ezpatterson1169

ezpatterson1169 Guest

For sure. Lol. Yeah I have heard lots of stories of idiots blowing themselves up in apartments and hotel rooms making bho. I do an ethanol extraction myself. Only slightly safer tho. Still do it outside.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Unfocused, you should try PureGold. You can find it at a lot of dispensaries or even sign up and buy directly from the company that makes it. It's the purest extract you can find.

https://ca.tetralabs.com/

I get some every chance I can afford it.
    I think they use limonene as the main solvent or something.
    Tastes like oranges :D

9. unfocusedanakin

^
    Looks cool but I don't know if I can use it since I am not in Cali.