Thinking of changing my bachelor while my educations on hold

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Isadoran, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Isadoran

Isadoran Member

I am a non traditional student who started going to college because I became disabled and can no longer cook and bake for a living. I graduated with my associates degree in communications last year and I started going to The College of St. Scholastica last fall. While I worked on my associates degree I tried different open elective classes from many areas; trying to decide what I wanted to do for my bachelor degree. This Fall I went for computer science because I enjoyed and I did great in some basic programming classes that I took at Kaplan university. I became ill last fall while I was in school and I was hospitalized for 4 weeks. I had to auto drop my classes and then retake them in the spring but right when spring classes started I became ill and had to have a third surgery. Once again I had to auto drop my classes. Now I am beginning to feel like my body is telling me something. When I was young I wanted to be an artist and writer. Since I have been ill I have had dreams that inspired some great writing. One of the staff at St. Scholastica told me she found one of my old blogs and she asked me why I did not go for journalism. Maybe this illness has been my bodies way of telling me I picked the wrong path. So I am thinking seriously of switching to Journalism and art. I could maybe still take some of the computer classes as open electives so I can still program on the side.

I don't know...what would you do in my shoes?