Im Looking to Live and Learn

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by muchtoohard, Jan 6, 2013.

1. muchtoohard

muchtoohard Guest

Hello, my name is Kyle.
    I am a 19 year old male living in Florida and am at a crossroads in life. I have full paid college that i do not want to use because quite frankly it has always been my dream to live quietly somewhere, submerged in nature. Pretty much since i learned the word rural existed i was thinking about that kind of life. I want to learn to build, raise animals, track, hunt, grow, etc. Since i am living in a small town currently i of course do not know much of the sort, but i am amazingly eager and fast to learn!
    I have no idea what im looking for, but so far its sounding like it would be a farm somewhere. My father has been suggesting communes.
    I am fit and hard working, especially when given orders, and do not expect to live free, I want to learn everything so i can contribute and lift my own weight of course. I guess if anyone is out there,post and lets talk more about it becasue i dont know what else to say! and have been short of words the whole time!

HM1119 likes this.
  2. Changalang

Changalang Member

I am in the exact same boat as you, we could work together possibly to figure something out? As long as your :ssmokeit:friendly ;)

3. muchtoohard

muchtoohard Guest

hey brother sorry i havent checked this often as i didnt expect many replies, but looks like i got one! good to see im not alone in my boat :] and im all for teaming up to broaden our connections! also always great having pals in other places! and yes i am veery friendly! ;p ill see my emails more often if u want to continue this new conversation/friendship through there.

kyletull@comcast.net

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If you have a free ride to college and love nature, why not look into a degree in something related to nature?
    Here's a couple degrees that Penn State in Pennsylvania offer that would really help you reach your goal. You could join a commune, if you can find one, now knowing anything and work for someone else, or build a life for yourself by learning about the things you love first.

agribusiness management
    agricultural and extension education
    agricultural science
    agricultural systems management
    2yr forest technology
    environmental resource management
    environmental studies
    environmental systems engineering
    environmental engineering
    2yr turfgrass science and management
    landscape architecture landscape contracting forest science

5. muchtoohard

muchtoohard Guest

thanks some of those i have not seen before and are interesting! i have thought of that though, and there are many reasons why. One thing is im not looking for a career in nature necessarily, although it would fufill that craving for nature. I also enjoy and feel at place at my current job so im not in a big rush. all that matters to me is that I am happy where ever I am!

6. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

i'm in Illinois and the fact is that being right in the middle of Chicago with not a real park in sight makes me agree with you even more, if you think of coming this way, honestly I've got finances covered and will have my license and a car possibly even this month, i wanna join you and love the outdoors, just don't ask me to navigate lol.